Lille reportedly offer €20 million

2 weeks left of transfer window to get a player in to hit ground running. Roofe is injured and Itten hasnt et shown his quality. A huge gamble on the title if to ask me. Give it til November and folk on here will slate Gerrad and board for selling Alfie and scuppering 55
The board should have had a squad capable of winning the league this year by now and are to blame regardless.

yesterday we saw a free transfer from Sunderland as the only new player in the team from last season and it was the same old.

Aribo out fine but again was here last year.

some need to wake up

We wont win the league with this squad. Alfie needs to go for us to strengthen title winning positions.

Kents first poor game yesterday where he could have been hooked at 60 and there's no real quality on bench to change it. We had 4 defenders and Barjonas on bench. Thats not enough quality IMO. Sell Alfie, bank 10m sign a couple of midfielders with the rest of it.

Would have taken it weeks ago but not now, we have no chance of the league if he goes imo. How much of it would we be allowed to spend? Given our current recruitment I dunno how I feel, the players looked decent but now we have Balogun and Roofe both Injured, Itten can't get a game and Hagi is hot and cold. We are basically playing with last seasons 11, we need people to come in and improve us straight away, Roofe and Balogun did look the part I just hope they aren't injury prone players

Would have taken it weeks ago but not now, we have no chance of the league if he goes imo. How much of it would we be allowed to spend? Given our current recruitment I dunno how I feel, the players looked decent but now we have Balogun and Roofe both Injured, Itten can't get a game and Hagi is hot and cold. We are basically playing with last seasons 11, we need people to come in and improve us straight away, Roofe and Balogun did look the part I just hope they aren't injury prone players
Balogun is fully fit.

The thing is we have told Alfie that if we get offered Dembele money he can leave and now we are, no way do we want an unhappy morelos, thats no use to us at all.
Agree but he looks happy and playing well. Gerrard says its up to Alfie id he stays. I for one hope he does

If you think we need players to come in and improve us then how do you expect to fund that without selling Morelos.

The board should have had a squad capable of winning the league this year by now and are to blame regardless.

yesterday we saw a free transfer from Sunderland as the only new player in the team from last season and it was the same old.

Aribo out fine but again was here last year.

some need to wake up
Itten came on

Roofe's injury would be a worry, but if you're spending the guts of £8million on 2 forwards then you need to trust them to score goals. There's an urgent need for a first choice game changing midfielder and a right sided attacker. 1 player out, 2 first team starters in would be good business if it gives us a better balanced first choice team.

£8m??? I don’t think we spent that on Roofe and Itten

The problem is if we reject the improved bid and keep Morelos then the player could easily down tools as he will have been told he will only be allowed to leave if Lille meet our price

they have done this now if the reports are true, it would be too risky not to sell

I'd accept if true.

His form has fell off and we could do with reinvesting the money on a couple of CM's and a replacement striker.

We also wouldn't have a happy player if we have indicated we will let him go for a certain amount and then backtracked.

I would take what these Colombian journalists say with a pinch of salt though.

He goes and we get players like;

Skov Olsen,Hrovsky(sp),and an EPL striker on loan similar to Vydra or Gray then I think that’s good business tbh.

The team has to take precedence over one quality individual who can’t always be relied upon over a whole season.

2 quality players (a decisive mid, another striker/right sided attacker) around the 4m mark each + wages, pocket the rest.

Yes, I'm aware its not Football Manager, but that's what we should do.

Not enough.

If Morelos is going for the best part of £18million then the club needs to be spending £12-£14 million of that on 2 high calibre players.

If it is true then there's absolutely no way the club would turn down £18 million. That's massive money for us to invest in the midfield etc.

If true we will accept that and hopefully be able to invest a decent chunk of the fee into a couple of quality midfielders.

Needs to stay IMO but I understand that signing a player for a million and selling him for over 18m is too difficult to refuse

If you think we need players to come in and improve us then how do you expect to fund that without selling Morelos.

We obviously had a budget outwith Alfie and it hasn't been spent well imo. Maybe Europe will give us more to our budget but I wouldn't be confident going through with Alfie away, we don't have enough goal threat

If the story is true, then it's a big decision.

I do think our transfer plans were reliant on the sale of Morelos. Although we would be losing one of our best players, it allows us to strengthen in a few areas and improve overall.

If they are genuinely offering that then we take it. The lad wants to move on. We need additional players.

Let's get this done once and for all and we can all move on.

If true and we’ve secured a decent sell on also, I would take that.

Reinvest in another striking option and on some real quality in the central midfield area because we’re winning nothing with our current midfield options.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion because as much as I love the wee guy if it turns out this is a concrete bid I think it’s time to rip off the band aid of and sell him cause that allows us to get a new striker in (one that hasn’t had a history of injuries wouldn’t go a miss) add quality to the areas we are sorely lacking in and we seen at the weekend the tactics the players will use against him and the refs are never going to referee him fairly and are quick to card him whenever he even has a sniff of ‘petulance’ about him.

I remember Alfie not setting the heather on fire his first few games,

Roofe is an exceptional player and Itten hasn’t had hardly a chance so I wouldn’t be writing either off just yet.
You remember incorrect my friend, Alfie scored 7 in his first 7 games IIRC.

EDIT: sorry, 8 in his first 9, in which he only started 7 games.

You remember incorrect my friend, Alfie scored 7 in his first 7 games IIRC.
I think his first start was Progres away and then he came off the bench at Motherwell on the opening day of the season.

His first goal was after that against Dunfermline at Ibrox in the cup.

We obviously had a budget outwith Alfie and it hasn't been spent well imo. Maybe Europe will give us more to our budget but I wouldn't be confident going through with Alfie away, we don't have enough goal threat

We will be a far better team without Morelos but with £10M spend on the midfield.

We have signed 2 other forwards, for some reason one of them has been deemed shite by some after 200 minutes of football but not by me or the management team.

Unfortunately if we want to bring in the 2 or 3 quality players we still need we must sell morelos ,i think for the overall good of the team morelos needs to go ,his heart is set on a move and we need the cash so best all round if he goes

Back