Lille reportedly offer €20 million

Given injury to Roofe, the improved form of Morelos, Alfie should be worth more to us today than he was three weeks ago. £25 million at least surely?

Lol yes, that’s how it works.

Meanwhile in the real world, tell me how Lille or any other team for that matter, would be likely to pay £5m more than our valuation since last month?

In the past month, he’s been left out of a squad due to poor attitude/application in training, scored a few goals, some of them against part timers, and his performances have been average at best

I’m sure Lille will be falling over themselves to offer a further £5m for that

If Itten and Roofe can’t get 15 each from the number of chances we create, then Wilson and Gerrard have wasted the money.

Rangers strikers need high teen if not twenty a season. Roofe and Itten have both been injured due to the permitted tackle from the back on Rangers players, look at Kent yesterday for a few more.
So I don’t think it’s down to wasting money, everybody was happy with the signings.
To win titles your finishing needs a good/high rates.

We have done fine, yes.

Our most fluent football was the part of the United game before he was assaulted imo.

I think it’s time to sell him but I find it disturbing that we want to re write history. All of our best football under Gerrard has been when Morelos has been on form & leading the line.

Him going is hopefully good for the club, I support that, but let’s see what you & others are saying when we play the scum in October without him.

Glad that you can call me out on it.
His record v mentally challengeds is woeful so I don't think we'd be missing much there in all honesty.

For the people who wanted him punted a few weeks back - is a couple of goals against a part-time mob from Gibraltar and one against Hibs enough reason in itself for your to acknowledge that you got it wrong? Because it seems to me that changing your mind based on such small evidence seems quite fickle in itself, no?

I wanted him gone after Tynecastle.

While I think he's been better the last week or so, he certainly isn't close to the player we saw a year ago.

I think we've looked great with Roofe playing up front. The movement between the front 3/4 has really worked well. Now him having a niggle complicates it a little, but we've also got Itten and Defoe now available.

If the reports are true, and it's a big if, then I absolutely sell him for that amount of money.

Re-invest around half of the fee, makes us a better team.

All in my opinion of course

Rangers strikers need high teen if not twenty a season. Roofe and Itten have both been injured due to the permitted tackle from the back on Rangers players, look at Kent yesterday for a few more.
So I don’t think it’s down to wasting money, everybody was happy with the signings.
To win titles your finishing needs a good/high rates.

We also need a striker who can score consistently, including goals after January.

I'd get this deal done and dusted, Morellos unfortunately is our best striker, Itten and Roofe are not going to get near his goal tally but we desperately need a quality midfielder, a game changer who can dominate the middle of the park, if selling Morellos gives us cash to do this then its got to be done. We need to spend 5m plus on the midfielder, I just hope we have someone lined up.

Yep, well done, I was aware he hadn’t scored against them you’ll be amazed to know.

BUT he has roasted their back line a few times without scoring a few times.

Let’s see how comfortable their back line look with your suggestion.
I think if fit Roofe would run them ragged and his composure in front of goal would give me greater belief.

Sell him and we won’t win the league.
Keep him and we might not win the league.

We will be better overall if we can get three good starters with the Morelos money.

It's a test for Gerrard and Wilson to spend the money right. If they don't get it right, one of them will be out the door by the end of the season.

Have to admit I was surprised at the 6m quoted IAP, and would be more inclined to believe your numbers.
Like yourself I’ve seen £3.5M for Roofe and £2.7m for Itten, regardless that’s a decent outlay whatever way you look at it. At the time I was more excited by Itten, badly needs a goal though.

We will be better overall if we can get three good starters with the Morelos money.

It's a test for Gerrard and Wilson to spend the money right. If they don't get it right, one of them will be out the door by the end of the season.
This is it in short, the question is IF we can get replacements. It’s a gamble and as a gambler myself I have no idea whether I would do it.

Glad I’m not the decision maker, as said though Alfie has been told he can leave for X so I think he will he gone.

I think if fit Roofe would run them ragged and his composure in fron of goal would give me greater belief.

Well I agree his two goals have been very composed finishes, but will he pull their defence, and many quality European defences, all over the place ?

I’ll wait & see, and hope you are right. I just haven’t seen any evidence for that yet.

And remember Morelos has hardly missed a game for us due to injury too, which might become a big factor with Roofe with us.

Again, based on what?

What if we keep him, only sign one other player and then he does his ACL - you surrendering the season?

The idea that you’ve watched this Rangers team for the last two years and still think no Morelos equals no league is somewhat beyond me.
I can’t believe you have written our best striker off.Without his goals we will not win this league.He has scored more than his fair share of important game winning goals.We have two new strikers one of which has an injury and the other just coming back from injury.While Defoe (who I think is a terrific player)is trying to find form again .With all this in mind you want to sell Alfie.

Agreed. I think we are better and more fluid team without him.

I have no issue with him leaving.
Its as if the players just fall back into the midset of alfredo will come up with something so we don't have to. Obviously it makes no difference now but I believe if roofe was fit and he started yesterday then I think we create alot more chances and win the game comfortably. I am one of alfredos biggest supporters but I really believe our players get complacent when he plays up top by himself

If we don’t win the league this year you and I both know who’ll be out the door.

Let the manager call it.
Does he want him to stay or £18 mill to spend.
If only it worked that way.

We all know Alfie is terrific when he is in the mood. But we also know he is a total liability when he isn’t in the mood. If, and it’s a big if, reports are to be believed about the size of the new offer and we reject it, there’s a good chance the toys will go out the pram again.

I personally think it’s a no brainer to accept it as long as the manager gets a sizeable portion of it to invest in a quality midfielder and probably a new striker as well. I’m guessing Ross Wilson will have a shopping list of targets to go for as soon as the cash becomes available.

His performances have been average let’s not pretend otherwise

Are you counting 2 of those against part timers?
See no matter who the goals are against , he’s score 5 goals and 2 assist in 7 , he’s averaging 93 mins a goal then throw in his 2 assist , I’d imagine other leagues around the world have played qualifiers etc yet you’ll not find many better stats than that , even the scum played 2 diddy teams in the qualifiers and his stats are better than there supposed superstar

While I think he's been better the last week or so, he certainly isn't close to the player we saw a year ago.

I think we've looked great with Roofe playing up front. The movement between the front 3/4 has really worked well. Now him having a niggle complicates it a little, but we've also got Itten and Defoe now available.

If the reports are true, and it's a big if, then I absolutely sell him for that amount of money.

Totally agree. We get Roofe and Aribo back and invest some of the Morelos fee, we become a better all round team in my opinion.

I would accept the offer.
Morelos is going.I rather he went now and allowed us to finish our recruitment before the window closes
He been treated like shit by SFA ,refs and the press
But he has brought some of of it on himself,although maybe only about 15/20 per cent blame on him
1.3 mill to 18.3 mill is a great return
Good luck Buff

We should spend the lot, strengthen the team and balance the books. Zero profit, give the taxman fuxx all.

The board should have had a squad capable of winning the league this year by now and are to blame regardless.

yesterday we saw a free transfer from Sunderland as the only new player in the team from last season and it was the same old.

Aribo out fine but again was here last year.

some need to wake up
Hagi?

I think we should sell him, move on and invest what we can in (hopefully) a couple of players

I love the guy, but we all know him well enough by now that he's going to cost us in some way this season, either by getting himself sent off or losing interest for a spell. Best of luck to him and I suspect his career will either go stratospheric or be somewhere in the middle.
I kind of agree a fully focused Alfie is a no brainier but there's always that element in his play his sulks and petulance and especially with the refs the way they are. If true I think we should take the money with a sell on clause. There's no question the team still needs 3/4 quality players,two of which for midfield and clearly another forward.

We have simply got to take this if true. Yes he looks back on form and stripping fitter but how long will that last??

Take the money and get 2 quality midfielders in plus another striker and we will be even stronger.

For a player that has been average at best since January who has a consistent habit of getting sent off for silly nonsense ...
Not having a go mate and in the main I agree with you on this, but you do like a good scrap about all of this morelos stuff.

If we get the money we have to take it, if we want good additions. We wont be able to make up the kind of money needed by getting shot of fringe players.

Players come and go from every club, no matter how big they are, so it's time we done the same. I absolutely refuse to believe that the league will be gone if he leaves.

Lol yes, that’s how it works.

Meanwhile in the real world, tell me how Lille or any other team for that matter, would be likely to pay £5m more than our valuation since last month?

In the past month, he’s been left out of a squad due to poor attitude/application in training, scored a few goals, some of them against part timers, and his performances have been average at best

I’m sure Lille will be falling over themselves to offer a further £5m for that
Anything else good to say about Alfie. What about previous seasons when he's been brilliant. Don't forget we will get near 20 million for a player we paid 1 million for. He must be doing something right

It's a no brainer for me.

Love the guy, but we're pushing 9 months since he looked at his best. I'd take €20m without hesitation.

If only it worked that way.

We all know Alfie is terrific when he is in the mood. But we also know he is a total liability when he isn’t in the mood. If, and it’s a big if, reports are to be believed about the size of the new offer and we reject it, there’s a good chance the toys will go out the pram again.

I personally think it’s a no brainer to accept it as long as the manager gets a sizeable portion of it to invest in a quality midfielder and probably a new striker as well. I’m guessing Ross Wilson will have a shopping list of targets to go for as soon as the cash becomes available.
I’d sell too but want the manager to get a huge amount of it reinvest.
It’s only the once in a lifetime players you can’t replace and with all due respect he’s a million miles from that.

He isn't the player he was for us that is still clear.
When was the last time he bullied defenders off the ball and bulldozed into the box??
When's the last time he actually ran away from players??
When's the last time he closed down players and chased lost causes??
These were massive parts of his game the previous seasons and they are now all missing.

He has played with his back to goal in a deeper role recently - whether he has simply chosen to do that to show another string to his bow or been asked to do so is debatable given he was the only striker yesterday.

Time will tell , Be surprised if we didn’t go in for another striker if he does go but Itten needs a chance.

I agree he needs a chance but my worry is Gerrard doesn’t fancy him already he brought on Defoe who hasn’t kicked a ball for months barring a cameo vs Imps and is unfit and Itten is match fit!

Think some are missing the fact that Morelos wants to leave.

That's a huge factor in all of this .

I don't know if this is a real bid of 20m euro or not ,but if it is he will be gone .
That's a fair point. Hes a human being who wants to move as he always said he would.

It's no use to him or us keeping a player who doesnt want to be here any more. If the offers fair, then you have to accept him leaving.

If he goes we need another striker and 2 midfielders.
If he says we still need another striker and 2 midfielders! I don’t know if you noticed but he got his usual yellow yesterday which would indicate he will be missing for periods due to suspension as usual

A team wins titles not an individual and as shown yesterday the current depth of squad isn't enough. We need a midfielder and wide player currently. Sell Morelos and we could potentially get a goal scoring wide player, midfielder and another striker (Roofe is more likely to play behind striker or out wide).

Kent and Aribo looked to have went up a level and Davis shows glimpses he still has it but the team isn't consistent enough over a season nor does it good enough depth. Yesterday might have been a good thing in a way to show our management that we need players in sooner than later.

I love Alfie but I love Rangers more.

Where's all the people saying "we should accept 12m and get it over with noones going to bid 16m again? Our board fucked this up, etc etc.."

For the record I would rather keep him

Back