Lille reportedly offer €20 million

I’m not saying that at all.We need a midfielder without a doubt but who will score the goals we need to win the important matches we have coming up?Itten?Defoe?Roofe?All had been or are injured.
Kent,Hagi,Arfield and Aribo when he returns should all be capable of double figures.
Not to say we don't need strengthened but these guys should be good for goals.

I'd gladly sell at that, use the money to buy a top drawer CM and top player for the right side attacker spot.

Potentially look at another striker as Defoe doesnt do it for me as a lone striker.

Hes our best centre by a country mile imho but he almost certainly needs to be sold for not only his sake but ours as well. We need to do some book balancing but hopefully the sale would allow us to strengthen the team further.

Very early days for Roofe and Itten but the former has a history of injuries and the latter clearly needs time although that is a commodity you dont get often at Rangers.

I will miss the wee fella if he does go as I thought he offered outstanding value for money so thanks to JJ for that one.

No player at our club is irreplaceable and if he leaves he leaves. The money will be invested in strengthening a midfield badly in need and another Striker would be brought in. MUCH BETTER players than Morelos have left our club and we have survived, we will again.

Much better players have come and gone, but Alfie has been the best player we've had since going down the league's. I think there's a bigger risk selling him and not replacing his goals than anything else tbh.

If he goes it's pretty clear we need a midfielder and another striker. Yesterday's draw was down to not putting our chances away, we should have been 2 up before Hibs even scored. We haven't been clinical enough all season, a lot of the domestic wins this season should have been by greater margins than they were.

Kent,Hagi,Arfield and Aribo when he returns should all be capable of double figures.
Not to say we don't need strengthened but these guys should be good for goals.
Aribo is injured Hagi looks way off not scored since last season Kent I admire great footballer.As for Arfield I like him off the bench he has the fitness to press when the opposition is tiring.

Now you mention them, hasn’t their new striker scored in every game he’s played in so far, or close to it anyway?

Your claim is just a sound bite tbh
Right so his stats a goal every 93 min and 2 assist , we sell him , who repacles that , Roofe and items stats arent exactly earth moving are they?

I would absolutely take the money if it meets that £20m valuation, if we don’t, we will have another month of speculation in this window, and more again in January. I want players who are 100% about the club right now, his eye wanders and we can’t go on with this saga forever.
If some of that money is available for us to bring in an absolute powerhouse midfielder who will elevate the team, it is the right answer.

No Morelos. No Goals. No Title. :))

In all seriousness, I would suspect this matter will be resolved this week if reports of a bid are true.

It's time for the club to decide whether we are going to let Morelos move on or he is going to stay, either way I'm positive they will reach this decision this week and we will forward.

3 weeks or so (maybe less) until the transfer window closes and we still have a bit of work to be done. Let's hope the club get after it.

Aribo is injured Hagi looks way off not scored since last season Kent I admire great footballer.As for Arfield I like him off the bench he has the fitness to press when the opposition is tiring.

Hagi scored a few weeks ago.

Also assisted 2 goals last week, assisted a goal yesterday and created the chance Kent missed that should have killed the game. He's finding his form.

It's a no brainer for me.

Love the guy, but we're pushing 9 months since he looked at his best. I'd take €20m without hesitation.

It all goes back to the fallout on 29.12 last year, both with respect to his suspension and what has potentially happened since then as he has gone about his life In this hateful city.

Remember the racist comments & remember his reaction to them that day.

I think the kid needs to get away from this for himself & his family.

And 20m euro will be a massive help for the club.

I’ll be honest, I don’t intentionally get involved in back and forth debates with people but I feel there’s a lot of wild shouts when it comes to Morelos

For a guy that hasn’t won a trophy with us, some try and claim without him we won’t win the league etc.
Away ye go delboy, you love it.

As soon as I seen the thread I jumped on to see how long it would take you to appear. Was getting a bit worried as I was scrolling for a bit before I came across your post. Was worried you had been covided.

Btw, I found gartnavel no problem last week. Just walked it from partick, cut along along hayburn crescent, over clarence drive and under the tunnel at the train station. Cheers for the advise.

I was disappointed Hagi came off yesterday.

He was the one player who looked as if he could open their defence and create chances etc.

Yeah it was disappointing.

As soon as he went off we lost the link from midfield to attack, actually thought Hibs looked more likely to get a winner in the last 5-10 minutes.

I was disappointed Hagi came off yesterday.

He was the one player who looked as if he could open their defence and create chances etc.
Thought the same, Gerrard likes to try Defoe and Morelos on the pitch at the same time occasionally and I don't think it's ever worked and then we threw Itten into the mix as well.

Injuries haven't helped but the bench was poor yesterday, not good.

Thought the same, Gerrard likes to try Defoe and Morelos on the pitch at the same time occasionally and I don't think it's ever worked and then we threw Itten into the mix as well.

Injuries haven't helped but the bench was poor yesterday, not good.
Agreed. We ended up with a crowded centre forward area and three players trying to occupy that area, which just made things worse. It was a mess towards the end.

Yeah it was disappointing.

As soon as he went off we lost the link from midfield to attack, actually thought Hibs looked more likely to get a winner in the last 5-10 minutes.

It was the wrong decision, despite him being non existent first half. He made two great chances after the break.

What we did was put three guys through the middle, which attracted more of their defenders, so left no space for runners or passes beyond their defence.

I just didn’t get that.

Reactions: KL2
We need to sell him if we’re going to win the title.

And the sooner this situation is resolved the better. For the club and Morelos.
This for me. We look a better overall team without Alfie. For some reason he’s lost his ability to bully defenders, he’s not showing the hold up play and pressing that made him so successful at times.

The time is right to sell him. And he wants to go. I would take the £20 million with s sell on clause

The situation needs to be resolved and put to bed in the best interests of everyone involved.

Take the offer and sell him imo.

It’ll serve us better over the season than it will keeping Morelos here.

I thought the way it worked was the two clubs agree on on a price THEN the player talks turkey with his new club on contracts etc?

Normally some well placed person has come out by now and called the story BS!!

Has anyone seen or heard anything to confirm there is truth in the bid?

Not enough.

If Morelos is going for the best part of £18million then the club needs to be spending £12-£14 million of that on 2 high calibre players.
4m on 2 players + wages will cost around 12-14m for the club, in terms of the whole package

He's been poor since January and we still need to strengthen other areas of the pitch with genuine quality. I love the wee man but the circus show around his transfer, his recent form and the money we'd receive just makes it a no brainer for me.

They say with some justification, that the hardest thing in football is being able to put the ball in the net consistently. The prospect of losing a 20+ goals striker without having a comparable replacement lined up would not do our hopes of winning the league a great deal of good. As our performance on Sunday demonstrated, there is still a way to go.

Then there is the question of Morelos himself - if Rangers turned down the supposed 20 mil., how would this affect him mentally - he is after all - a notoriously moody player. A worse case scenario would be being stuck with a less than committed Morelos, whilst not being able to use the cash from his transfer to bolster the midfield and other areas of the team that require upgrading.

Alfie is a marked man in our game, we will struggle to get back to the dynamic bully that we had in the past...he’s not allowed to play to his strengths.

We need money to invest in the team. I’d agree to sell him before the qualifying rounds are over.

I love the wee man and I am thankful for what he has contributed. But every player has a price and we need to prove we can sell at this level.

Agreed. We ended up with a crowded centre forward area and three players trying to occupy that area, which just made things worse. It was a mess towards the end.

That's one of those Football Manager type things where you're 1-0 down so go 4 up front and hope for the best.

I still think the system needs tweaked a bit, but that we have goals in the team even if Morelos goes.

If he does go, I hope people don't expect that full sum to be spent on players. I would imagine we would retain some of it to offset the financial losses.

I thought the way it worked was the two clubs agree on on a price THEN the player talks turkey with his new club on contracts etc?
No. You need to make sure the player wants to join and get an idea of the wage he wants.
Can you imagine FF if we agreed a fee and the player didn't want to come or we couldn't agree his wages ?

Love the wee man but if true take the money and get 2 midfielders in. Itten and Roofe were obviously bought as replacements so the plan is already in place for the forward line.

Morelos last two finishes have been quality, any team struggling for goals and have plenty pounds would have been observing.

Right so his stats a goal every 93 min and 2 assist , we sell him , who repacles that , Roofe and items stats arent exactly earth moving are they?

Itten who hasn’t played the equivalent of 3 games yet.

Roofe who needed games to get up to speed

Do you remember how Morelos was when he came to us btw? Because he looked average, and that’s being kind.

If Morelos goes, we bring in another striker

Deary me, if we sell Morelos and go to parkhead with Itten up top against ajer and julien never mind duffy well our teas out.

Seen enough of grezda after a couple of games amd sorry but whoever scouted itten needs binned.

Back