Lille reportedly offer €20 million

Itten only gets 20mins because he has shown nothing to warrant getting any longer.

Can't right him off yet but can't be banking on him either.

Any notion he and roofe can replace morelos is just fantasy based on hope rather than merit.

We will be poorer without morelos that's for sure. Only question is how much poorer.

He's also had 90 minutes and 70 minutes

Have you seen the beggars this year? Think about that question and then get back to me.

Morelos guarantees 25-odd goals. That wins us #55 this year.
They are still winning the league games.

He didn’t guarantee 25 league goals last season as we seen.
We cannot expect the board to keep funding our transfer dealings. It’s time to be self sufficient using fees received and money earned.

How the hell do you know that if you don’t know who’s replacing him???

See this shite about him looking his old self can someone tell me what game this happened?

Don't know mate but not sure he is even up to full speed yet and he is still our top scorer. Anyone thinking we can magically replace him in a single signing Is off their head. If he goes we will be much weaker up top but the flip side to that is we can then improve the midfield.

Hopefully we have a plan for all scenarios.

You were blaming the board I am just pointing out they have spent money this year, we have also paid out ( I assume ) lucrative contacts for other players
I think we need to sell to get the ' headline ' signing
Sorry mate I have come across wrongly then, I was pointing out that it’s shambolic from a manger perspective that we started yesterday with the same midfield that failed last year.

At some point the board or Ross Wilson could have pointed out for example that maybe don’t sign Itten and Roofe maybe sign one of them and get the midfielder we need instead?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we have overloaded upfront but have nothing to link theminnthe middle

Why didn't it win us 55 last year then?
Morelos going, ensures the club can finally start to do transfer business the right way going forward and ensures we have the chance to really strengthen the squad in a significant way.

Free transfer signings from the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee etc can only get us so far.

We are at a crossroads.

The mentally challengeds are weaker this year. We were better than them until Dubia. God knows what happen out there, but Gerrard won't make the same mistake twice. We've add some real quality in Balogun and Roofe, to a first XI which is already superior to theirs. That's not up for debate.

Like him or loathe him, Griffiths made a big difference coming for them after Christmas... they had a bit more upfront, and weren't so dependent on Edouard. Edouard is all they have right now... and he'll probably be offski, as they are skint. If they lose him too, we'll win at a canter if we keep Morelos.

The mentally challengeds are weaker this year. We were better than them until Dubia. God knows what happen out there, but Gerrard won't make the same mistake twice. We've add some real quality in Balogun and Roofe, to a first XI which is already superior to theirs. That's not up for debate.

Like him or loathe him, Griffiths made a big difference coming for them after Christmas... they had a bit more upfront, and weren't so dependent on Edouard. Edouard is all they have right now... and he'll probably be offski, as they are skint. If they lose him too, we'll win at a canter if we keep Morelos.
Set yourself up for a fall here mate.

We cannot expect the board to keep funding our transfer dealings. It’s time to be self sufficient using fees received and money earned.
I think we can and should expect the board to fund a winning team!

Well, I guess we could start a discussion at that price. Still, should be expecting them to up their game even on that one. Wonder if Alfie's head will go down again now numbers are being banded about.

. Edouard is all they have right now... and he'll probably be offski, as they are skint. If they lose him too, we'll win at a canter if we keep Morelos.

Lennons said he’s staying and if there that skint they wouldn’t have just splashed 5 million on another forward.
Did we win at a canter yesterday or at Livi?
That’s the 2 times he’s started?

So what happens if the transfer does not materialise for one reason or another?

Also can we stop this the board are financing us patter. The fans put in far more each season than the board probably more so this season. The board are not just throwing cash at this down a black hole they are converting this money to shares and increasing their shareholding and diluting the rest.

Kamberi’s international manager doesn’t agree and neither did our scouting team or manager.

I may be wrong, but that could be something to do with the fact that Kamberi has never got close to the numbers Itten hit last season in his entire top flight career.
I also do'nt think Gerrard has handled the situation well either. For example if we're trying to integrate Itten into the side why take him off against Red Imps when the game was won. Would'nt it have been better to leave him on in the hope of getting off the mark. Giving him a few cameo appearances is only feeding the ''he's pish narrative'' so beloved of many in our support, particularly on here.

It simply HAS to happen.

After yesterday's shambolic display and the clear lack of quality in certain areas and a weak squad it's now or never.

As it stands I don't think we have enough quality to win the league we effectively have the same team as last season minus the additions of Roofe and Itten I mentioned last night the rest haven't improved or given us that quality that we badly require.

This is Gerrard's 5th transfer window and the same areas of the team are weak notably in the midfield, we lack firepower, and have little go to options from the bench and this has been evident over the last two plus years it's incredible that we are in the 3rd season with Gerrard and the same fucking issues haven't been addressed.

So what happens if the transfer does not materialise for one reason or another?

Also can we stop this the board are financing us patter. The fans put in far more each season than the board probably more so this season. The board are not just throwing cash at this down a black hole they are converting this money to shares and increasing their shareholding and diluting the rest.
Fans' money doesn't even cover the wages of the Club. and we put roughly the same amount in for the 2 seasons previous to this

My fear is do we trust Gerrard to get a replacement correct if we sell IF he gets the option because I still think Itten and Roofe are his replacements.

He has had 3 seasons and we are still going with Davis Arfield in a midfield it’s just I don’t trust his judgement on recruitment now

Are you sure about that? I am sure I read that he doesn't even know what went wrong. So how can he correct something he isn't aware of?

I can't help feeling we are stuck between something of a rock and hard place with Alfredo.

He gets goals. Thats an absolute given. However, would the team be better with something a little different up front and much more creativity in the middle of the park? Selling him could potentially do that.

However, if we sell Alfie and his replacements aren't bang on it, we could end up with egg all over our faces for having sold him and screwed for a title push.

All that said, £18.3m is a lot of dough for us at this time.

Two of the three who played in midfield yesterday should be squad players in my opinion.

Davis is past his best and Arfield isn’t good enough to be a first pick.

The ball was played from side to side too often including inside the last two minutes.

If that was the Tim’s they would be throwing everyone forward to try and win the game.

And it doesn’t help when we are playing every game against a team plus the officials.

Lennons said he’s staying and if there that skint they wouldn’t have just splashed 5 million on another forward.
Ajeti is a loan to buy next season at 5 million.
So they have not spent 5 million on a striker yet

You seem to have written off the wee man which is really sad to see.In fact quite a few have reading this thread.Hero to zero right enough.It takes more than one man to win a league but he scores a lot of important goals who is going to do that?
I'm certainly not turning on him, but I understand that we'll need to sell to get decent money into bolster the squad.

This means either borna, kent or alfie have to be sold to bring in the cash, the club in no way should let their finances run out of control. Dont want to go through anything like that again.

Alfie wants to go and if true, we have an offer. I think we have to take it mate. A secure future for the club means a hell of a lot more to me than getting into a panic about a 10 in a row that they're basically being handed.

Any genuine talent we have now is going to be sold on. Even the mentally challengeds have to do this and they've had a free run coining the money in for years.

I hold no bitterness towards him. He's certainly made us money through europe, no one can deny him that.

I'm a Morelos fan, I think he is an excellent player, however he takes away the structure of the team and makes it more difficult for others to play well.
He is a unique player, and does a lot of his work alone, which makes him a great player against good teams in Europe. The problem with that is that players like Kent seem to have less impact because many of the positions Morelos takes up are the same positions the Kent has been enjoying.
On balance, getting the money for Morelos would be better. We have been fine without him. We need to strengthen the midfield as a matter of urgency, and judging by the fact we haven't done that yet, we must need the Morelos money to buy more players.

Thats something I'm struggling with mate. But we need goals from midfield and a CM and RAM that adds them would improve us massively
I think we are all struggling with that? What I don't get is why when an opportunity arises for our midfielders to shoot from outside the box why they fail to have a go? Kamara whom I thought at times played very well had a great opportunity am just wondering if it is out of their range or a confidence thing? I think Hagi took a shot and their keeper parried instead of trying to hold the ball which showed we needed more of this imo!

Haven’t read the full thread but from my perspective last week I just wanted him gone. Seemed both he and us needed a complete break. However, we have seen itten struggling and roofe is injured with doubts over his robustness. Jermaine is back but we can’t rely on him for the season.

it’s all a bit shit really, without a proven goal scorer our season is seriously at risk.

I keep hearing they're skint. Is this some rumour that's doing the rounds. They've being coining it in for themselves since 2012.

Fans' money doesn't even cover the wages of the Club. and we put roughly the same amount in for the 2 seasons previous to this

Of course it doesn't but the club makes money as well especially in Europe the past two years which includes millions of gate money put in by the fans. My point is still correct we, the fans put more money in each season than the board do and we don't get shares for it either.

We’re in trouble because that squads winning nothing.
Bigger picture we sell Morelos invest in 3 top players.

I agree but we should not be banking on the sale of Morelos to improve our squad as there is a good chance he won't leave this window. If we were banking on his sale then he would of been gone for the earlier bids.

I guess what I want to know is what is the plan if Morelos is not sold. Gerrard said last week he was trying to keep the four of them (strikers) and still wanting a midfielder.

I'd rather keep Alfie. Apart from fact that I love the wee man, it's too much of a gamble that his replacement(s) will be able to hit the ground running.

Win #55 then, and only then, Alfie can go for 30M.
You could argue that its more of a gamble to keep him.
The red cards could make a comeback and the stock falls.

We cant rely on him to be available every week.

I was going to reply, but you've saved me the bother. What a load of nonsence.

Leave it to some on here and the receivers will be at the door.

How does saying the fans put more money in than the board equate to bringing in the receivers???? Are you saying the board put in more than £30M each year with no return???

He signed for them on a permanent deal. It’s not a loan this season
A quick Google search
The clubs have agreed a season-long loan move with an option to buy next summer for £5million -
You could be right and it's permanent but I found it as loan to buy

Tbf we all know your thoughts on Alfie but to compare the two is just odd. Alfie was a 20 year old kid who was quite clearly raw and was a ‘punt’.

Itten is a 24 year old Swiss international (not saying I agree with the other poster because I think Itten will come good). For what it’s worth I remember from the Dunfermline game onwards thinking we could have a star here, his link up play was great and he could finish. Aside from his blip after the China bid he was comfortably our best player in a poor team.

The plan quite clearly is we won’t get anyone as good individually for our budget so we must improve in as a collective.

I’m not comparing the players as such.

I’m simply stating when Morelos arrived he looked average at best.

Itten hasn’t even played the equivalent of 3 games yet and he’s been written off. His scoring record in his league last season was better than Morelos record for us.

Does anyone ACTUALLY have proof of this offer or we going off the Daily record? Lol

I asked that earlier however normally there would be a slap down of the rumour through well placed media folk or well informed FF posters - there has been nothing.

Take from that what you will

I think we are all struggling with that? What I don't get is why when an opportunity arises for our midfielders to shoot from outside the box why they fail to have a go? Kamara whom I thought at times played very well had a great opportunity am just wondering if it is out of their range or a confidence thing? I think Hagi took a shot and their keeper parried instead of trying to hold the ball which showed we needed more of this imo!
Agreed mate we done it so many times. Its a big reason why the other mobs midfield get 10 goals a season.

The Hibs gk is suspect from longer shots as we have seen before and as you mentioned with Hagi. We are always trying to score the perfect goal

Two of the three who played in midfield yesterday should be squad players in my opinion.

Davis is past his best and Arfield isn’t good enough to be a first pick.

The ball was played from side to side too often including inside the last two minutes.

If that was the Tim’s they would be throwing everyone forward to try and win the game.

And it doesn’t help when we are playing every game against a team plus the officials.
At least Arfield is a goal threat .... the others have way too little forward thinking ambition for the league we play in

Back