Lille reportedly offer €20 million

I don't really know what to believe when it comes to Lille
Well apart from they obviously thought they'd get Alfie on the cheap & were quickly re-'Buf'fed

But in all this time they still don't know what currency they bid

They've also made many signings since - so I'd be greatly surprised if they're still interested let alone come back with an increased offer

I think the Lille ship's sailed personally- & right now I'm also unconvinced any of the media fabricated EPL suitors will materialise

Could well have him till January
The biggest surprise to me is how many in our support will be gutted if that happens

I don't really know what to believe when it comes to Lille
Well apart from they obviously thought they'd get Alfie on the cheap & were quickly re-'Buf'fed

But in all this time they still don't know what currency they bid

They've also made many signings since - so I'd be greatly surprised if they're still interested let alone come back with an increased offer

I think the Lille ship's sailed personally- & right now I'm also unconvinced any of the media fabricated EPL suitors will materialise

Could well have him till January
The biggest surprise to me is how many in our support will be gutted if that happens

The biggest surprise to me is fans who actually think he’s turned a corner and is playing better.

Al be gutted if we dont bring the players we desperately need.

The biggest surprise to me is fans who actually think he’s turned a corner and is playing better.

Oh well - of course if it goes on much longer - & we have to part with Alfie during the last knockings of the window - there won't be time to 'bring in the players we desperately need' especially if we're relying on Alfie's sale to finance additions

I'm just a bit sceptical that there are interested parties out there - I'm discounting Lille - maybe they'll prove me wrong

As for 'Alfie's turned a corner' well I wouldn't agree he has yet - but there are signs he can & hopefully will imo

My surprise, at those among our support that'll be gutted if he stays, is caused by the contribution he's made

Anyone reading some of the comments on here - would be forgiven for thinking he'd been useless, a wage theif or the thug the meejia would have us believe

Last edited:

Who are these players we so desperately need? Why did we spunk the best part of £10M on Hagi, Itten & Roofe instead of getting these players?

I'm all for selling Alfie to fund strengthening other areas of the team but a few seem to be under the impression that we have top players lined up just waiting until we are ready. If these players are there and available why have they not been snapped up already by someone else?

Just seems odd we prioritised two new strikers before the midfield especially since now we have 4 strikers and Alfie is the only one remotely in any kind of form.

Oh well - of course if it goes on much longer - & we have to part with Alfie during the last knockings of the window - there won't be time to 'bring in the players we desperately need' especially if we're relying on Alfie's sale to finance additions

I'm just a bit sceptical that there are interested parties out there - I'm discounting Lille - maybe they'll prove me wrong

As for 'Alfie's turned a corner' well I wouldn't agree he has yet - but there are signs he can & hopefully will imo

My surprise, at those among our support that'll be gutted if he stays, is caused by the contribution he's made

Anyone reading some of the comments on here - would be forgiven for thinking he'd been useless, a wage theif or the thug the meedia would have us believe
Who are these players we so desperately need? Why did we spunk the best part of £10M on Hagi, Itten & Roofe instead of getting these players?

I'm all for selling Alfie to fund strengthening other areas of the team but a few seem to be under the impression that we have top players lined up just waiting until we are ready. If these players are there and available why have they not been snapped up already by someone else?

Just seems odd we prioritised two new strikers before the midfield especially since now we have 4 strikers and Alfie is the only one remotely in any kind of form.

Your last sentence..
Ah must be watching a different game from you.
Roofe plays the teams plays better and Alfie is a shadow of the player he was

Your last sentence..
Ah must be watching a different game from you.
Roofe plays the teams plays better and Alfie is a shadow of the player he was

I like Roofe mate he is looking likely to be our best signing this window. His last game he missed two very simple headers in the 6 yard box which he should have buried. He went off injured a while later and will be missing now for God knows how long, hopefully he is back before the window closes in a couple of weeks.

Roofe being out that would make Alfie who is not even at his best yet our only in form Striker?

I like Roofe mate he is looking likely to be our best signing this window. His last game he missed two very simple headers in the 6 yard box which he should have buried. He went off injured a while later and will be missing now for God knows how long, hopefully he is back before the window closes in a couple of weeks.

Roofe being out that would make Alfie who is not even at his best yet our only in form Striker?
Probabbly mate that’s why he needs sold ASAP to get someone else in
Sick of those french cunts stringing us along.

We tried to be clever and replace him before hes gone, one of those players looks out of his depth, the other already missing games due to injuries hes suffered in past

If Morelos goes we still need 2 strikers in and 2 midfielders
I think this is the problem..Itten might come good, but at the moment he's struggling to make an impression. Roofe and Defeo.. both decent but injury prone.

I think one striker + one really decent mid would be enough though

You seem to have written off the wee man which is really sad to see.In fact quite a few have reading this thread.Hero to zero right enough.It takes more than one man to win a league but he scores a lot of important goals who is going to do that?
I'm a fan, and you're right about him; who scored a goal likevyesterday's? However, if he wants to go.

I think this is the problem..Itten might come good, but at the moment he's struggling to make an impression. Roofe and Defeo.. both decent but injury prone.

I think one striker + one really decent mid would be enough though
I think we need 2 in mid mate
Gives me the fear Gerrard rates Barker

A right winger
A goal scoring box to box midfielder

We needed strikers in the door hence the signings of Roofe and Itten. Defoe was injured, Morelos was dropped just a few weeks ago. That’s why we needed strikers in first.

Hagi was on loan, we got him cheaper than originally agreed.

Not too difficult to see why those 3 were signed

Probabbly mate that’s why he needs sold ASAP to get someone else in
Sick of those french cunts stringing us along.

See to be honest when this first popped up a few weeks ago I was hoping it could be done quickly if it was going to happen. Now Alfie is even more valuable to us than he was a few weeks ago due to injuries yet the baguette eaters are still pissing about which leaves little or no time to get a replacement in. That's even if they have or are intending to bid for him again.

I would be astounded if Alfredo goes before the games on Thursday and Sunday leaving us a week to bolster the squad with the potential of another game on the Thursday after to reach the group stages.

Seems like we hold onto him until at least this Thursday's game is out of the way. If the worst happens and we go out the money from his sale could cushion the blow but doubt most of it would be spent on replacements in that scenario.

See to be honest when this first popped up a few weeks ago I was hoping it could be done quickly if it was going to happen. Now Alfie is even more valuable to us than he was a few weeks ago due to injuries yet the baguette eaters are still pissing about which leaves little or no time to get a replacement in. That's even if they have or are intending to bid for him again.

I would be astounded if Alfredo goes before the games on Thursday and Sunday leaving us a week to bolster the squad with the potential of another game on the Thursday after to reach the group stages.

Seems like we hold onto him until at least this Thursday's game is out of the way. If the worst happens and we go out the money from his sale could cushion the blow but doubt most of it would be spent on replacements in that scenario.
Think you could be right about after tbursday.

A right winger
A goal scoring box to box midfielder

We needed strikers in the door hence the signings of Roofe and Itten. Defoe was injured, Morelos was dropped just a few weeks ago. That’s why we needed strikers in first.

Hagi was on loan, we got him cheaper than originally agreed.

Not too difficult to see why those 3 were signed

Really? Those three players all occupy a spot in the three top positions we play. So now we have Hagi, Kent, Roofe, Morelos, Defoe, Itten, Stewart, Barker and Jones. That's three players for each position. Unless some of these guys were moved on then it seems a bit ott don't you think?

Roofe and Hagi I get but I think Itten is a project striker who will take a wee bit of time to get going. Problem with that is we are already a quarter of the way through our season. Midfielder should have been priority before Roofe and Itten.

Got to take that. We could hold on for another couple of million, that may or may not arrive, then have no time to buy replacements. Our top targets could also be gone if this happens too late on.

The timing is bad, but lets not kid ourselves, him finding his form is about securing a move.

Do the deal, get the cash in, and bring in the reinforcements we badly need.

Really? Those three players all occupy a spot in the three top positions we play. So now we have Hagi, Kent, Roofe, Morelos, Defoe, Itten, Stewart, Barker and Jones. That's three players for each position. Unless some of these guys were moved on then it seems a bit ott don't you think?

Roofe and Hagi I get but I think Itten is a project striker who will take a wee bit of time to get going. Problem with that is we are already a quarter of the way through our season. Midfielder should have been priority before Roofe and Itten.

Stewart, Barker and Jones aren’t up to it let’s be honest

A bad result on Thursday night and he’ll be away 100%.
But for a smaller fee than were looking for. This is why i dont buy into this new bid, any team bidding would wait to see if were still in europe or not before bidding. This is just the same rubbish as before.

We tried to be clever and replace him before hes gone, one of those players looks out of his depth, the other already missing games due to injuries hes suffered in past

If Morelos goes we still need 2 strikers in and 2 midfielders
Neither of those were Alfies replacement. I can promise you that. If he goes, we sign another - which was always the plan.

Correct.

He stays then he’s pretty much guaranteed to hit 25 goals. Huffs or no huffs.

I don’t see that coming from anywhere else in the current squad, nor do I envisage us easily picking up someone within our budget to replace him.
He was getting nowhere near 25 goals last season in the league.

Still think we have the squad to win games to see us challenge the mentally challengeds, and that recruitment isn't a priority?

We badly need additions.
Not necessarily. Should have beat them the other day with the squad we had. I always said I wanted reinforcements, however I was debating the urgency of them and the need for them then. By the end of the window if we dont have it sorted it will be an issue. I am beginning to wonder if the Morelos money may give us the resources to get the changes we require. Also I dont want to become too over reliant and just play to suit him

You do wonder if the club are just holding him to get us through a round or two in Europe before we sell

I hope we don’t sell him in this window , We need him, we are powder puff without him - he keeps up the goal scoring form and burst these kants in October to keep us TOTL
Sell him in January if he still wants to go as there will be plenty suitors then !

Not necessarily. Should have beat them the other day with the squad we had. I always said I wanted reinforcements, however I was debating the urgency of them and the need for them then. By the end of the window if we dont have it sorted it will be an issue. I am beginning to wonder if the Morelos money may give us the resources to get the changes we require. Also I dont want to become too over reliant and just play to suit him
Cant understand how anyone doesn't think it is urgent that we add players in key positions, most notably central midfield where we have spent £50,000 on transfer fees since Gerrard came in. 36 fucking signings and we still have the same problems.

We now have two weeks left in a transfer window which not only means that business becomes harder to do given that clubs hold out for more the later it gets, but our season is off and running and we need players to come in and make an immediate impact.

There are folk crying out for 3 additions which IMO is never going to happen, we will most likely get one in - but irrespective of the incoming headcount, aye... its urgent.

Stewart, Barker and Jones aren’t up to it let’s be honest

Agree 100% but the problem is they are still here at the minute.
While they may not be up to the standard required it does not excuse the fact we badly needed a midfielder which should have been the top priority.

We have Kamara, jack, Davis, Aribo, Arfield & Barjonas for the midfield with two of them injured and 1 a youngster. Sorry but that is badly needing a boost and should have been addressed before Itten and Roofe were brought in and before the injuries to Aribob and Jack imo.

BTW those saying we should use the money for goal scoring midfielders...we don't play a formation that encourages midfielders to get forward. Jack, Davis and Kamara will be main stays the rest of the season.

Back