Jordan Campbell on Tav

I personally think our own fans abuse tav more than the mentally challengeds do. Yes he has flaws, but every modern day full back does.

But he does make too many costly mistakes though along with vice captain goldson
tenor.gif

Gerrard is happy with him as captain, players are happy with him as captain, ex players say he was a good captain, some fans think he is a terrible captain...... everyone entitled to an opinion, however I think he is a good captain. You dont need to be a shouter, hatchet man etc to be a captain, someone said earlier about who would you rather be captain of our club; tavernier or scott brown? For some on here it must be a tough decision
As much as it pains me the answer is obviously Brown. Christ i was in Tenerife last year and someone was trying to tell the goalie that Brown was pish, Goram ripped the guy.

I personally think our own fans abuse tav more than the mentally challengeds do. Yes he has flaws, but every modern day full back does.
Tavernier’s problem here is, and this applies to Goldson as well, is that he wants to build the next attack.
Look at his two most noted errors last season, against Celtic and against Young Boys.
On both occasions, the correct and safest option he had was to put the ball in the stand.
However, on both occasions he, wrongly, tried a pass that was difficult at best and it cost us.
In a more advanced area, players are being asked to take a chance with a difficult pass, take responsibility.
Tavernier did this and, and I stress it was the wrong area of the park to be doing it in, we’ve suffered because of it.
Goldson is in the same boat.
On Sunday, on trying to build the next attack, he tried an overly cute pass into midfield and it was poorly executed, falling to a Hibs player.
Despite him doing this a ton of times this season, it was the wrong option and the wrong time to try it.
It went wrong and we’ve suffered.

Reactions: SCG
He has a large fan club on here, I think he shone in the championship and also benefited massively from Candeias being the player he was and now plays within himself on the back of all that.

Breaking news: Rangers captain of several years has large fan club on Rangers forum!

Reports are coming in that James Tavernier is inexplicably appreciated by a portion of the Rangers support. The right back, purchased for a snip at ÂŁ250k, may have broken records for goals and assists for a defender, but properly 'staunch' fans know this means nothing because of stupid reasons known only to themselves.

Well known member BangersBC stated "... What the feck are you on about?!? Its a rangers fans forum. Of course there is a big Tav fan club if you aren't a supporter of our ever-present club captain... You have clearly not been a supporter of the club since 2012 if ever. Every fan of rangers should be a fan of Tav. No player is perfect, but all Rangers fans must surely wish nothing but good will to our own players, let alone our club captain and last remaining player who was with us in the lower leagues."

I'd like to think we have moved on a bit from Wigan reserves. There's a reason why he was on loan at half a dozen clubs before he arrived at us. Truth is we were the only ones prepared to pay a fee for him.
If you don't think we have a good player in Tavernier I beg to differ, Coventry,Freiburg,Barnsley,Bristol City, who done that loan trek?

Football isn't for you.
Good point, well made. Happy to watch someone who can't defend, can't cross the ball beyond the first defender and gets caught out of position. Plus is no leader of men. Happy to send on some food for your guide dog.

Back