Do season tickets holders get Thursday’s game free on RTV

European matches aren’t normally included on your season ticket.

The answer in no, it’s not free for VST viewers. It IS included for Unlimited (overseas) subscribers and is available on PPV for others.

Personally I think it should've been at a discount to ST holders. Say £6.99. Know it's only £3 but you should be getting some sort of benefit for forking out £500 or more to watch the season in the living room. To charge the same to non ST holders isn't rewarding people that have put a lot of money into the club this season.

Personally I think it should've been at a discount to ST holders. Say £6.99. Know it's only £3 but you should be getting some sort of benefit for forking out £500 or more to watch the season in the living room. To charge the same to non ST holders isn't rewarding people that have put a lot of money into the club this season.
This is a decent idea.

If we get through on Thursday you'd hope they would give us some sort of discount on the home game in the play off.

Everyone kind of knew that when they purchased though. Using your logic the club should also be paying all our Sky subscriptions to watch away games too then?
Tbh, my logic is that clubs should never have been selling STs in the first place knowing fans weren't going to be getting in any time soon.

Maybe Rangers will make the home game next week available to VST viewers?
[/QUOTE
I signed up for all non ST games. I would be fine if they just took it out my account for this as they would for normal game but it should be at a reduced rate from buying individual game for non ST holders. Would also take the MyGers points for it.

Tbh, my logic is that clubs should never have been selling STs in the first place knowing fans weren't going to be getting in any time soon.

How do they or us get by then? We as a support have always backed the club financially.

Are you saying we shouldn't have renewed?

How do they or us get by then? We as a support have always backed the club financially.

Are you saying we shouldn't have renewed?

Renewing was entirely up to each individual and I wouldn't tell anyone what to do with their money - however I do think club's shouldn't have been offering fans the chance to renew when there was absolutely no clarity then (as there is now) if we'll even get to set foot inside a stadium this season.

Clubs should've sold VSTs exclusively for streaming to anyone that wants one. Don't sell actual season tickets to matches that fans were never getting into and then offer them a stream as an alternative.

Offer last season's ST holders the chance to 'reserve' their seat for when the time comes that we are allowed into games by paying a small deposit and any balance would then paid once we actually get access to games again and the ST price would be discounted to a pro-rata price based on the number of games fans actually get in to.

Need to pay, which is correct as we wouldn't have got it on our ST anyway.
However, next year I'm not sure how the club can continue to charge ST holders over £500 when we can get the games on PPV for £9.95 each SHOULD the games remain BCD. Big, big decisions ahead for the club.

Renewing was entirely up to each individual and I wouldn't tell anyone what to do with their money - however I do think club's shouldn't have been offering fans the chance to renew when there was absolutely no clarity then (as there is now) if we'll even get to set foot inside a stadium this season.

Clubs should've sold VSTs exclusively for streaming to anyone that wants one. Don't sell actual season tickets to matches that fans were never getting into and then offer them a stream as an alternative.

Offer last season's ST holders the chance to 'reserve' their seat for when the time comes that we are allowed into games by paying a small deposit and any balance would then paid once we actually get access to games again and the ST price would be discounted to a pro-rata price based on the number of games fans actually get in to.
The Dude hits the nail on the head... and you've not even mentioned MyGers either.
All valid points that'll be shouted down by the usual folk to show how staunch they are.

but nobody knew at the time they were being sold what was going to happen. You're being very unfair on the club expecting them to know what everyone else didnt at the time.

but nobody knew at the time they were being sold what was going to happen. You're being very unfair on the club expecting them to know what everyone else didnt at the time.
Clubs (and I don't just mean Rangers in this) knew fans weren't going to be into grounds for at least the opening two or three months of the season with most expecting the bulk of the season to be BCD. While clubs didnt know how long fans would be kept out, they knew beyond any doubt that it wasn't just going to be a few games.

Everyone kind of knew that when they purchased though. Using your logic the club should also be paying all our Sky subscriptions to watch away games too then?
Nobody knew that though, not even Rangers. It's obvious listening to Stewart Robertson's interview in May that he thought this would be over by August/September and fans would be back in the stadium.

Nobody knew that though, not even Rangers. It's obvious listening to Stewart Robertson's interview in May that he thought this would be over by August/September and fans would be back in the stadium.

Nobody realistically expected fans back in stadiums in August/September. At the point STs went on sale, there wasn't even total clarity on when the season would get started.

Do you think money to pay wages etc grows on trees ?

Need to pay, which is correct as we wouldn't have got it on our ST anyway.
However, next year I'm not sure how the club can continue to charge ST holders over £500 when we can get the games on PPV for £9.95 each SHOULD the games remain BCD. Big, big decisions ahead for the club.
There is no decision, not for the club.
They'll still expect season tickets to be sold next season.
My beef is that we should not all be paying a different price watching from home.
A non season ticket punter should not be able to watch a home game for less than a season ticket holder.
Europe. Fair enough. It's a couple of games at a tenner.

Nobody realistically expected fans back in stadiums in August/September. At the point STs went on sale, there wasn't even total clarity on when the season would get started.
Listen to Stewart Robertson's interview in May/June around the time of the Castore announcement. It's obvious that he thought we would be in the stadiums. Even Scottish football has been pushing for fans to get back in stadiums with September being their aim.

Do you think money to pay wages etc grows on trees ?

Would the club have been giving away the VSTs?
Would the club have been giving away merchandise?
Would the club have stopped receiving income from sponsors, the SPFL and UEFA?
Would the club have given PPV streams away for free?

There's four substantial income streams right off the bat. No need for a magical money tree.

This game wouldn't have been on the season ticket so I believe the club are right to charge for it.
Good for you, who's probably worked all the way through this and not thinking about anyone else's financial situation.

Listen to Stewart Robertson's interview in May/June around the time of the Castore announcement. It's obvious that he thought we would be in the stadiums. Even Scottish football has been pushing for fans to get back in stadiums with September being their aim.
Then he's living in a wee dream world utterly detached from reality. There was absolutely zero chance then that fans would be back in grounds come August/September and even less of a chance that we'd be allowed back at full capacity.

There is no decision, not for the club.
They'll still expect season tickets to be sold next season.
My beef is that we should not all be paying a different price watching from home.
A non season ticket punter should not be able to watch a home game for less than a season ticket holder.
Europe. Fair enough. It's a couple of games at a tenner.

I do understand that logic and I agree that its a bizarre situation currently that this is the case. That being said we knew that potentially we wouldnt get to games with our ST's and made the decision to purchase regardless to support the club. To put a spin on it, I dont think it would be right to change the normal PPV price for a game just because they dont have a ST.

Anyone who believed that we would have anywhere near full attendance by August needs their head examined. My other point stand though. Those asking for tomorrow night to be free are by extension also saying we should get free Sky subscription too from club to watch all away games.

Back