Rangers look like conceding goals every time they they step onto the pitch

He’s just made a clown of himself when you consider our goals against record so far.

The thing is to learn from a disastrous outing on Sunday where there was a game to be won with a little bit better defending or some sharper finishing.

If Alfie’s earlier header had been buried I don’t think we’d have looked back or if Scot had banged that rebound into the high part of the goal the two goal cushion would have been enough.

We definitely looked like conceding anytime on Sunday at Easter Road. The defence had an off-day, and the ref allowed a shocker of an offside 2nd Hibs goal. In essence, though, Hugh is talking horse manure.

He also said Gerrard hasn’t made one good signing apart from Kent while waxing lyrical about Porteous’ physicality

Absolute brain damage, as a post above says what the f is it with these ex players of ours?
For %^*& sake :)) Nearly as bad as that Si Ferry on open goal saying Porteous is a winner and he’d take him in any team

Last season we conceded the same number as Celtic but scored 24 less.
Exactly mate.

Final third is our issue. That much has been clear for quite some time.

The number of good chances we fail to convert is where the focus should be. It has cost us, it is costing us and unless we have a dramatic turnaround it will continue to cost us. It has been a very frustrating and concerning trend.

Our composure in and around the box needs a significant improvement. We fluff and snatch at too many shots at goal. We often lack any kind of conviction.

I'm not unduly concerned about our defence - it is the the pattern of play in front of them and the end product which needs improvement.

We definitely looked like conceding anytime on Sunday at Easter Road. The defence had an off-day, and the ref allowed a shocker of an offside 2nd Hibs goal. In essence, though, Hugh is talking horse manure.
I don't think we did. Our shape these days is very impressive, and for much of that game we had it by the neck. The second goal should never have happened; in many ways it was similar to a goal we lost at Tynecastle last season, but, hopefully, those are individual errors that can be rectified. Jack is injured, as far as I'm concerned should be signed to be as good as if not better than him, in CM, in order to maintain our strengths. We are strong out wide and through the middle; it's extremely difficult what on earth Burns is on about.

To say “every time they step onto the pitch” is sensationalist pish.

Our defenders can, and have been - Goldson and Barisic at the weekend, be prone to the odd lapse in judgement though which costs us goals and it needs tightened up.

It’s all very well and good keeping clean sheets against the poorer teams in the league, it’s the challenging games and the ones with weight where we are looking for them to step up.

As someone who has criticised the back four regularly over the past two years for their sloppy mistakes and individual errors, this season has been completely different from them. Every single one of them deserve praise for their efforts this season. Goldson in particular (Sunday apart) seems to have really stepped up a level.

Sunday was a shitshow but the idea it's every single game is absolute crap from Burns.

Outstanding tactical nous at play here.
Let the opposition rip you apart and let the goalkeeper save us.
is that what I said I wanted you? Bit of a stupid response mate. Gerrard should have reacted better tactically but didnt.

As someone who has criticised the back four regularly over the past two years for their sloppy mistakes and individual errors, this season has been completely different from them. Every single one of them deserve praise for their efforts this season. Goldson in particular (Sunday apart) seems to have really stepped up a level.

Sunday was a shitshow but the idea it's every single game is absolute crap from Burns.

To be fair he is as bright as two in the morning.

The defence has been excellent

Defence was great up to Sunday imo, so one game.
Unfortunately i had to stand and watch shuggie and the like pre souness.
Now that was bad around 85 .

St Johnstone could & should have scored 2, defence was all over the place, shankland should have buried the chance he had.

The fact that those chances were not scored was nothing to do with the defence

St Johnstone could & should have scored 2, defence was all over the place, shankland should have buried the chance he had.

And if Marciano hadn’t pulled off 4 great saves we would have won on Sunday, but he did, same as Shankland didn’t, you can’t say we are poor because the opposition were. We have played 9 competitive games, won 7, drawn 2, 22 for and 2 against, we sit top of the league, I think our defence is hugely responsible for that.

Absolute stupid thing to say after recording the spls best ever defensive start to a season honestly I like Hugh but he’s a habit of talking utter shite

Best ignored. Statements will get worse as the season progresses and there is a chance of us winning. This was always expected.

is that what I said I wanted you? Bit of a stupid response mate. Gerrard should have reacted better tactically but didnt.
Our tactics after the Hibs manager’s outstanding tactical change allowed us to creat a number of very good chance that our players failed to capitalise on.
What more can you ask for other than the goalscorer to do better?

Our tactics after the Hibs manager’s outstanding tactical change allowed us to creat a number of very good chance that our players failed to capitalise on.
What more can you ask for other than the goalscorer to do better?
Are you confused?

All I did was provide a reason why we looked shaky at the back vs Hibs. Not to mention the defense not sniffing out attacks sooner. I made no comment on the numerous chances created by our forwards that we failed to finish.

According to Hugh Burns - Jesus wept.

Are people paid for this analysis?
How’s he work that one out? Played about 10 games. Conceded in one. Didn’t conced at all in about 5 pre season games. Didn’t conced for a bit at end of last season.

aside from Hibs gam only only maybe 2 other occasions did we look like we might concede.

madness

And if Marciano hadn’t pulled off 4 great saves we would have won on Sunday, but he did, same as Shankland didn’t, you can’t say we are poor because the opposition were. We have played 9 competitive games, won 7, drawn 2, 22 for and 2 against, we sit top of the league, I think our defence is hugely responsible for that.

You're completely missing the point. The defence were all over the place for the three incidents that i mentioned, we were fortunate not to lose goals.

Hibs were the first half decent side we've faced, although we possibly made them look better than they are, and we shipped two easily preventable goals, offside aside.

Hi Hugh, did you get someone to type that for you?

Goalkeepers are part of the defence by the way.

Are you confused?

All I did was provide a reason why we looked shaky at the back vs Hibs. Not to mention the defense not sniffing out attacks sooner. I made no comment on the numerous chances created by our forwards that we failed to finish.
Yes, I’m confused.
You posted in post 66 that Hibs were better tactically.
My confusion is centred around how this can be the case when we, quite clearly and absolutely, created more and better chances, even at 2-2 .

HbjauDZ.gif

Is he actually a Rangers man?? Or just when it suits him to be.

I say that having drunk in his pub for yonks.

Back