SFA and SPFL to ask the government for a bail out

As a tax payer I would be raging that my money was being used to fund football. If the clubs can't sustain themselves then they can drop do division 3 and start again like we did. %^*& them.

I've a feeling this could shake up the entire British game. English lower league clubs will disappear too. Could actually end up being an opportunity for us and I won't give one single f*ck for any Scottish club going to the wall. I really hope it's a few of the 2012 mob.
I concur with your reasoning but it's a risky path. If major clubs up here go to the wall and we dont get the move to England its curtains for us as well.

Should heve fined celtic and aberdeen more to top up their fund. Ask the snp for money or use some of the money they stole from use with their made up rules and held back funds when they tried to destroy us.
These rhats don't deserve help after all the damage they have done in the last few months alone. Hope some disappear altogether.

It's the difference between 2000 Bears travelling to Dingwall for a game compared to lmaybe 5-8000 Bears going to Ibrox for the beamback. I reckon there's a fair number of WoS based supporters who would prefer that to the travelling to the other end of the country
Do really think 5000 fans would go to Ibrox to watch a beam back against Ross County?

Do really think 5000 fans would go to Ibrox to watch a beam back against Ross County?
Yes. Almost 40,000 once went to watch a reserve game
5000 went to watch the Colts at Ibrox last season
Beambacks used to get pretty decent numbers back in the 90s when they were first done too iirc.

Yes. Almost 40,000 once went to watch a reserve game
5000 went to watch the Colts at Ibrox last season
Beambacks used to get pretty decent numbers back in the 90s when they were first done too iirc.
Who were the opponents for the 40k game and the 5k colts game?

National clinical director Jason Leitch clarified the Government's stance yesterday, saying:.....

"What we're pausing is any progression to more opening. That doesn't seem the right thing to do, when we are restricting people in their own households and restricting hospitality so severely, to start to think about opening stadia.

"But we're reviewing that every three weeks. We're not ruling it out, but we're pausing that opening."

'Doesn't seem the right thing to do' is not the same as clinically neccessary

Celtic reserves
Wrexham
Both big games for the reserves and colts with what was on the line, and most importantly, a chance to watch live football and see potential future stars for the first time.

You can’t honestly say that they compare to watching a screen 80 plus meters away of a game against Ross County in the league.

A game they can't get tickets for and would otherwise not be televised? Maybe

This is a chance to find out
The big problem is that virtually all of our away games are, in fact, televised.

Worth gauging interest, cost and potential income though but I think Sky, having exclusive rights, may prove to be the stumbling block.

It should and hopefully will be refused instantly

people going homeless and dying but maxwell and lawell need a bail out - I don’t think so

Both big games for the reserves and colts with what was on the line, and most importantly, a chance to watch live football and see potential future stars for the first time.

You can’t honestly say that they compare to watching a screen 80 plus meters away of a game against Ross County in the league.

I'm not sure I buy the line over what was at stake for the colts. Think a lot of it was down to the fact that the club actually advertised it for a change and we've a group of fans who'll go watch anything if they are in Rangers tops.

The reserve one was in the middle of september of something and had no particular meaning iirc but a lack of first-team game saw fans turn out in massive numbers.

Personally would like to see Scottish football burn to the ground.
Those that are left can rise from the ashes and build a better football federation and develop a forward thinking and progressive organisation.

I think the SPL and SFA going bust/having no membership could be a silver lining in this pandemic.

We need dramatic changes which the current cronies have no interest in.

Our football is a joke, we allow hammer throwers to triumph over skill via poor officiating and perception of the rules.

A new league, no plastic pitches and kids being taught technique rather than blood and guts football sounds like Nirvana to me
Sounds drastic, but you're correct. It seems we need something to really start from the bottom again.

Look at all the countries who have started to take football seriously in say, the last 30 years.

Japan for example. They learned the game the correct way and are away ahead of us technically. I've seen a couple of games from china, and they may not be at a great level yet, but they're playing the game the correct way, while we still live in a world of stick one on him, take him out. More suited to a boxing ring.

Should be told to sell any assets to keep afloat as aberdeen have done by selling their prize donkey.
sfa/spfl could cut jobs as they have so many useless clowns and rhats with 2 jobs doing nothing for big wages. These people don't deserve help because of the way the treat fellow clubs when help is required.

The SFA and SPFL combo will get %^*& all from the government. Simple as that. Same as the English leagues, they will get nothing also. If they can spend £30-£50m + on players plus the obscene wages, then they can afford to pay the minions on the staff.
same with the tin pot clubs here, apart from us and the bheasts, the rest are just fodder, to make up the numbers.
Let it burn to the ground.

watch the apologists come out, one by one to defend the indefensible when it comes to this tin pot set up.

The SFA and SPFL combo will get %^*& all from the government. Simple as that. Same as the English leagues, they will get nothing also. If they can spend £30-£50m + on players plus the obscene wages, then they can afford to pay the minions on the staff.
same with the tin pot clubs here, apart from us and the bheasts, the rest are just fodder, to make up the numbers.
Let it burn to the ground.

watch the apologists come out, one by one to defend the indefensible when it comes to this tin pot set up.

Doesn't exactly bode well for us then and a surefire way to doom us to utter irrelevance. But y'know %^*& alloa

In normal times having such strong attendance figures per head of population is a real strength of the game in Scotland.

However, in these times it is our Achilles Heel and ironically has the potential to kill a number of clubs.

As long as it’s not our club that goes under I couldn’t give a toss. I wouldn’t miss any of them!

Come the end of October, furlough stops and the Scottish/UK government will have to come up with an alternative. They cannot afford to help football teams as well.

Unfortunately we will see some teams go to the wall which is a shame but economically helping these smaller teams is not sustainable.

There is no way taxpayers money should be used to bail football out. Where would it stop? Horse racing and other sports are struggling also so would also need bailing out, sport with professional sportsmen should be self sustainable, end of chat

Doesn't exactly bode well for us then and a surefire way to doom us to utter irrelevance. But y'know %^*& alloa
It’s not about %^*& alloa, although I do understand what your saying.
At the end of the day, these little tinpot shits weren’t shouting about being skint when we were lining the pockets of their owners for years, and even more so in the lower divisions, and when we required support when we and every other sane minded person could see the title was being stitched up for the mentally challengeds, no one was interested.

I couldn’t care less about these clubs, genuinely couldn’t. If we had to play our reserves 25 times a season to get by, so be it.

or what would you prefer? Let’s all be nice to each other snd stick together?

no thanks.

I see Ewan Murray on twitter claiming the old firm should help Scottish football as they have spent millions on players.

Sorry Ewan - you must have forgotten the year 2012?

It’s not about %^*& alloa, although I do understand what your saying.
At the end of the day, these little tinpot shits weren’t shouting about being skint when we were lining the pockets of their owners for years, and even more so in the lower divisions, and when we required support when we and every other sane minded person could see the title was being stitched up for the mentally challengeds, no one was interested.

I couldn’t care less about these clubs, genuinely couldn’t. If we had to play our reserves 25 times a season to get by, so be it.

or what would you prefer? Let’s all be nice to each other snd stick together?

no thanks.

I'd rather we weren't slitting our own throats to get one back at said tinpot clubs.

We rolled over and got our belly tickled on the title stuff by agreeing that the season couldn't be ended.

Wonder if mentally challenged are behind this.....They lose their court cases , get fined then go to SFA/SPFL for bail out and as we know , they would fall over themselves to accomodate. Be very aware of dirty tricks f.c.and the cabal

Call the Vatican he has an in road there.
Come the end of October, furlough stops and the Scottish/UK government will have to come up with an alternative. They cannot afford to help football teams as well.

Unfortunately we will see some teams go to the wall which is a shame but economically helping these smaller teams is not sustainable.
So much going on just now but I think I'm right in saying I heard Scot Govt say they would like the furlough system to continue. Its the UK Treasury who pays it so they need to agree, but dont as they say its time for business to stand on their own two feet. Sink or swim.

there's only one club in Scotland that's had it's media lapdogs happily call them 'cash rich', suddenly they've forgot this?
They've been spouting shite about how skint we are for a decade now.
We filled their grounds out through the divisions, yet given the chance a few months back to do the right thing, they instead took a throatful of mentally challenged cum.

On their own fùcking heads.

If the spfl goes bust then do they have to start again at the bottom and work there way up through woman's football, sunday league, sat league, then junior fitbaw?

In all seriousness the public should be up in arms if tax payers money was provided to groups such as the SFA/SPFL who have been seen to lack the competence to even hold a ballot successfully.
If my business was failing because of government instructions, I would be seeking assistance, and if the SPFL, with their inflated wage bill, got it before me, I would be livid.

Creating more government dependents whennthey should be lobbying to get stadiums opened up. Creating massive financial pain for next to no reason.

Creating more government dependents whennthey should be lobbying to get stadiums opened up. Creating massive financial pain for next to no reason.
Its hardly next to no reason though is it. They are trying to stem the spread of a highly infectious disease.

Read online Hearts fans were given a pledge that if they got a ST, they’d get admission to 18 games (even if it meant it would roll into the next season)

Now it appears the club are backtracking - and you can understand why - however their fans aren’t as understanding on the matter

I suspect many Hearts fans, and fans of other clubs, will now be looking for a partial refund. The only 2 teams I think that will be ok are us/Celtic

Hearts fans pump in circa 150k per month on top of ST and merchandise and the club has the backing of benefactors going forward.

You can see why their fans are pissed off though. They are backing their club more than nearly every club in the country and still getting shafted.

Because football means more to more people. Only my opinion but I think that is a fact. Probably happy to bail out bloody opera and ballet that is frequented by people with loads of money anyway. If football clubs fail it takes away some of a community's identity. Local golf club closes then the members move and play elsewhere.

We don’t have 42 opera and ballet companies begging for money though. Football will survive without a few clubs who mis-manage their affairs and the fact is these clubs are already hugely subsidised by the broader interest in Rangers and the mutants.

Maybe it's time to take a close look at Doncaster's (and others of the SPFL/SFA gravy boat) obscene salary. A cull of the joint staff of both these failing organisations would be a good idea too.
Many a minor club would welcome the ridiculous wages paid to these clots being shared out amongst them.

Latest posts

Back