SFA and SPFL to ask the government for a bail out

In response to the request, the Government should highlight the lack of sponsorship, poor governance, failed television deals, a lack of preparation in the past 6 months and excessive executive salaries, among other things.

For a number of the smaller clubs, they should just close for the season.

Scottish football needs to reboot. This should be the opportunity to do so.

You got pretty much the whole thing wrong. Not a surprise. Its a common thing on here. I post, someone screams Daily Record and then makes wrong (or downright bizarre) claims.

Educate me with the name of the broadsheet you wrote for :D

Don’t let me sully your name by associating you with the Daily Record. Tell me the publication you contributed to

The suspense is killing me ;)

I stopped reading at...

I believe they just make that bit up which leads me to give up on the next line.
Tbh, a lot of the time people will give quotes without wanting their name attached to it. Definitely doesn't indicate they've made it up. (Its yer man from Aberdeen i believe)

Wonder if mentally challenged are behind this.....They lose their court cases , get fined then go to SFA/SPFL for bail out and as we know , they would fall over themselves to accomodate. Be very aware of dirty tricks f.c.and the cabal

This. It’s the raison d’être for the cabal doing anything. Helping the poets at every turn

You have 2 leader of the game pocketing just of £800k for doing %^*& all. Zero chances of a government bailout happening.
Jeez, that’s nigh on criminal. Fuckers cant even get as much tv money as rugby league despite our vastly higher viewing figures.

Don’t let me sully your name by associating you with the Daily Record. Tell me the publication you contributed to

I've written for quite a few different outlets and magazines over the last seven years. I'm sure there's plenty on here who can fill you in on the details. More than a couple of posters with a keen interest in my employment history.

Personally would like to see Scottish football burn to the ground.
Those that are left can rise from the ashes and build a better football federation and develop a forward thinking and progressive organisation.

I think the SPL and SFA going bust/having no membership could be a silver lining in this pandemic.

We need dramatic changes which the current cronies have no interest in.

Our football is a joke, we allow hammer throwers to triumph over skill via poor officiating and perception of the rules.

A new league, no plastic pitches and kids being taught technique rather than blood and guts football sounds like Nirvana to me
uwaiRt1.gif

I've written for quite a few different outlets and magazines over the last seven years. I'm sure there's plenty on here who can fill you in on the details. More than a couple of posters with a keen interest in my employment history.

I’ve never known a journalist/blogger/writer to be so shy in not wanting to advertise where one could read their work.

I’m sure there’s a reason for that.

I’ve never known a journalist/blogger/writer to be so shy in not wanting to advertise where one could read their work.

I’m sure there’s a reason for that.

I'll happily direct you to my current work. - https://www.rangersnews.uk/author/james-black/

You can read my old stuff in Shoot Magazine, WATP, SB Nation, Youth Football Scotland, various local papers across Scotland, the Daily Record, the Scottish FA website and a few other places.

You'll also find us on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtc5sNrWEM15L-FwkfqYN2w
or Podbean: http://bhoysvthebluenoses.podbean.com/

Or maybe just don't indulge him at all... :D

THE SFA and SPFL are to ask the Scottish Government for financial support as they face up to the doomsday scenario of football grounds being closed to supporters for six months.

The First Minister once again pushed back an indicative date of October 5 for the return of spectators to live sporting events yesterday with a pause put on test events despite successful ones recently hosted by Aberdeen and Ross County.

With prime minister Boris Johnson saying that the new restrictions south of the border could last SIX months, there is a growing realisation within the Scottish game that fans won't be back in stadia anytime soon.

That could mean as much as a £40 to £50million black hole in Scottish clubs' finances.

The Scottish governing bodies will monitor ongoing discussions on financial bail-outs south of the border, although they are more reliant than England on match day revenue and cannot rely on the financial wealth of the Premier League.

Even if Championship sides are not forced to increase their testing, they face a difficult future if they are asked to pay player wages for months without being able to welcome supporters through the door.

One Premiership chief executive told the Daily Record: "This has been a very bleak day for the professional game in this country and the consequences will be catastrophic unless there is urgent government intervention.

"Six months without fans? Let's be blunt, we don't have six months. Clubs are going to go bust - a lot of them - and probably some of the biggest clubs we have. The next two months are going to be critical.

"First, academies will have to be stopped, player development will have to be stopped and all community coaching programmes will have to be stopped.

"Then, after all of those cuts have been made, clubs will take it in turns to go to the wall."

National clinical director Jason Leitch clarified the Government's stance yesterday, saying: "We're pausing the plan.

"We've managed to have safe return of elite sport and now contact sports for kids and adults. So, we're not stopping that, with all the other safety measures in place.

"Those things can go ahead, as long as there's Covid officers and things in place.

"What we're pausing is any progression to more opening. That doesn't seem the right thing to do, when we are restricting people in their own households and restricting hospitality so severely, to start to think about opening stadia.

"But we're reviewing that every three weeks. We're not ruling it out, but we're pausing that opening."
Fućk them all. Let every single one of them go to the wall.

We'll go down south.

I'll happily direct you to my current work. - https://www.rangersnews.uk/author/james-black/

You can read my old stuff in Shoot Magazine, WATP, SB Nation, Youth Football Scotland, various local papers across Scotland, the Daily Record, the Scottish FA website and a few other places.

So you did work for the Daily Record but obviously not as a Journalist as you denied that.

What did you do for them?

You'll also find us on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtc5sNrWEM15L-FwkfqYN2w
or Podbean: http://bhoysvthebluenoses.podbean.com/
are you saying you no longer write for the daily record or any other scottish newspaper?

Ignore him that's what I do. Said he helped establish WATP magazine when he actually asked to write articles for them. He had no idea that the Louden had started and financed WATP Magazine to start with and was in fact our idea :D
Both parts of that are outright lies.

Never once said I helped establish it and I was asked by Alan Clark to write for them.

Who were the opponents for the 40k game and the 5k colts game?

I remember travelling through from Edinburgh for a midweek reserve game, mid-nineties (can't remember the opposition) but there was around 25K attendance.

Unreal when you consider where we are today.

Would you support a 'Glasgow United' made up of us and Celtic?
Missing the point somewhat. This could force tough decisions now that could have actual long term benefit. What about a ‘Stirling’ team that included Albion, east Stirling and Alloa? A Fife team that included Cowdenbeath, Raith rovers and Dunfermline? Lanarkshire team: Motherwell, Hamilton and Airdrie?

You could end up with a 2 leagues of 16 setup that’s genuinely exciting which will entice the next generation of fans to support these new teams and set Scottish football up for the next 100 years.

I will be sad for the fans of clubs who go bust but not necessarily the club itself. However this just may be the chance to restructure this pathetic shambles of a governing body or indeed join the real party south of the border.

Missing the point somewhat. This could force tough decisions now that could have actual long term benefit. What about a ‘Stirling’ team that included Albion, east Stirling and Alloa? A Fife team that included Cowdenbeath, Raith rovers and Dunfermline? Lanarkshire team: Motherwell, Hamilton and Airdrie?

You could end up with a 2 leagues of 16 setup that’s genuinely exciting which will entice the next generation of fans to support these new teams and set Scottish football up for the next 100 years.
A team made up from clubs in three different towns across three local council areas? and about 15 miles separating each of them?

What's the 'long term benefits'? Driving fans away from their local clubs? Sounds brilliant. Maybe we can just merge all of the Glasgow clubs too.

THE SFA and SPFL are to ask the Scottish Government for financial support as they face up to the doomsday scenario of football grounds being closed to supporters for six months.

The First Minister once again pushed back an indicative date of October 5 for the return of spectators to live sporting events yesterday with a pause put on test events despite successful ones recently hosted by Aberdeen and Ross County.

With prime minister Boris Johnson saying that the new restrictions south of the border could last SIX months, there is a growing realisation within the Scottish game that fans won't be back in stadia anytime soon.

That could mean as much as a £40 to £50million black hole in Scottish clubs' finances.

The Scottish governing bodies will monitor ongoing discussions on financial bail-outs south of the border, although they are more reliant than England on match day revenue and cannot rely on the financial wealth of the Premier League.

Even if Championship sides are not forced to increase their testing, they face a difficult future if they are asked to pay player wages for months without being able to welcome supporters through the door.

One Premiership chief executive told the Daily Record: "This has been a very bleak day for the professional game in this country and the consequences will be catastrophic unless there is urgent government intervention.

"Six months without fans? Let's be blunt, we don't have six months. Clubs are going to go bust - a lot of them - and probably some of the biggest clubs we have. The next two months are going to be critical.

"First, academies will have to be stopped, player development will have to be stopped and all community coaching programmes will have to be stopped.

"Then, after all of those cuts have been made, clubs will take it in turns to go to the wall."

National clinical director Jason Leitch clarified the Government's stance yesterday, saying: "We're pausing the plan.

"We've managed to have safe return of elite sport and now contact sports for kids and adults. So, we're not stopping that, with all the other safety measures in place.

"Those things can go ahead, as long as there's Covid officers and things in place.

"What we're pausing is any progression to more opening. That doesn't seem the right thing to do, when we are restricting people in their own households and restricting hospitality so severely, to start to think about opening stadia.

"But we're reviewing that every three weeks. We're not ruling it out, but we're pausing that opening."
Oh well! Such a shame.

A team made up from clubs in three different towns across three local council areas? and about 15 miles separating each of them?

What's the 'long term benefits'? Driving fans away from their local clubs? Sounds brilliant. Maybe we can just merge all of the Glasgow clubs too.
Far too many clubs in Scotland anyway! How's about the survivors of this pandemic North and South of the border join forces and have a British league and C**tic can feck off to Ireland!

How many clubs should there be?
Per head of the population, probably about 8, then the rest part time. The league system in Scotland is fecked as there will only be 2 teams that ever win the Premier league, we are coming up to almost 40 years since any other team outwith us and them won the title! We will still be trading titles in 100 years at this rate and I for one do not believe that this is a healthy scenario and hope that change is sooner rather than later

Ok Lanarkshire may be a stretch but fans are already ‘driven away’ from their local clubs. And no wonder. The current model based on 100 year old structures is on life support already, and Covid will hopefully finish it off.

IMO there would be enough of a local identity around county lines that would attract fans to new clubs eventually in markedly greater numbers than currently attend Cowdenbeath and raith rovers games.

No doubt this tactic will be to be refused it and then whenever the scum go even a point ahead of us this season they'll call a halt to the season and award those tossers with the title,

a kid on nine last season and a kid on ten this season

I wrote a weekly blog for them.

So I did overstate your status within the Daily Record right enough :eek::)

Mind you I can understand your reasons why you play down your involvement with them. It’s a stain on your journalism/blogging character which can never be removed.

I just hope they paid you enough to ruin your reputation within Rangers circles. However, judging by your performance on this thread you’re more than capable of doing that yourself.

I do not want my hard earned cash going to this. What right do they have to even ask the question when their CEOs are on £400k per year! Sickens me that this is even a story.

The collapse of the Scottish game and the lower leagues in England is our escape plan

Back