MOTM Poll Willem II v Rangers - 20:00 Thursday - RangersTV UK & Rest of the World

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Willem11 have 5 first team players missing through injury, including their main striker and top scorer Wriedt.

Translated some of the comments from their Facebook page and it looks like a lot of their fans are worried about this.

We will be just fine tonight

yep - we have heard that before ... livi not playing striker as he’s sold and keeper making debut

SG nailed it 100% when he said that if we play anywhere near line we have in Europe then we will go through

thus Game will mirror Midjityland away last season although the danish are better ... we will cut them to shreds at the back .... 3-1 Rangers

To win by 2 away, at a decent Dutch outfit? I’d like more bang for my buck.
A mid table Dutch outfit in reality, we’ve beaten better in Europe. Told you mate, I’m always confident (within reason). Especially when they are essentially missing half their team (allegedly)

We have nothing to fear here, guarantee they will be shitting themselves.

Team picks itself really apart from the extra MF/AM

TGHB
DK
H ? K
M

I guess Arfield in there.
We are brutally short on numbers when you put it that way. Unless Jones comes in from the cold and Hagi or Kent play central I can’t see anything different.

I'd like us to be bold in our team selection tonight.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis Kamara

Morelos Hagi Kent

Itten​

Can’t see morelos playing in a three behind a striker.
We probably won’t but I don’t see any reason why not. He often gravitates to the right. He tracks back. Link up play is good. Has an eye for a pass.

I’d obviously prefer him up front but I think he’d do well there in the circumstances.

Battle Fever is Well and Truly ON. Won't be an easy game but it should be an open honest game with the opposition trying to win the game by playing fast attacking football instead of trying to by Cheating and Kicking Lumps out of Us. Going for a tight 2-1 to the Sons of William. C'mon the RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!

SG nailed it 100% when he said that if we play anywhere near line we have in Europe then we will go through

thus Game will mirror Midjityland away last season although the danish are better ... we will cut them to shreds at the back .... 3-1 Rangers

I don't think we appreciated just how good a result that was against them.

Fancy us tonight, but will be really hard. Fancy us 2-1, no way can we be as bad at the back as we were at the weekend.

It could be a close game. Willem will be no pushovers. SG is likely to have the team geared up to minimise the defence mistakes that cost us against the hivs. It’s all about how well we take our chances.

I don't think we appreciated just how good a result that was against them.

Fancy us tonight, but will be really hard. Fancy us 2-1, no way can we be as bad at the back as we were at the weekend.
I commented a few weeks ago saying they were a very good side and some posters had a bit of a dig. Yet they cruised to the league title ahead of a last 16 EL team.

Didn’t get it tbh, wonder if those posters still feel the same with them one home game away from the CL groups.

You’d rather go out that go through in extra time ?

I would be willing to risk going out by throwing numbers forward in order to go for the win and avoid extra time, yeah. If that meant we got hit on the break it would still have been a risk worth taking IMO.

I commented a few weeks ago saying they were a very good side and some posters had a bit of a dig. Yet they cruised to the league title ahead of a last 16 EL team.

Didn’t get it tbh, wonder if those posters still feel the same with them one home game away from the CL groups.
I don't watch anything outside us and I really wasn't impressed with them. Never got the hype at the time. Thought they looked like cloggers and were lucky the first leg didn't finish 0-5.

Can see it being very tight, extra time and penalties a real possibility.

Hopefully I’m wrong and we just hammer them.

I don't watch anything outside us and I really wasn't impressed with them. Never got the hype at the time. Thought they looked like cloggers and were lucky the first leg didn't finish 0-5.
We are just a very good team mate, they horsed YB last week as I expected and have a home tie to get into CL groups after a draw in Prague last night. Also cruised to the title by 14 points (I think). As Govan said, it’s an underrated result.

Last edited:
Winning the game will be 50/50 both teams are desperate to go through but if we do hope it’s done in the 90 I’m hoping the whole team will let it rip.

Surely that depends on the subscription? The £5 one will need to use PPV to get the game, but other subscriptions have live matches included.
The only people that get the game are the £240 overseas subscribers, those with VST and the £60 subs will need to buy on PPV.

Unless the poster I replied to was overseas and I’ve made an arse of this :))

The only people that get the game are the £240 overseas subscribers, those with VST and the £60 subs will need to buy on PPV.

Unless the poster I replied to was overseas and I’ve made an arse of this :))
Or the £17 legacy subscription with a VPN :)

This team seem a good at attacking But may be suspect in defence

Should lead to an exciting game

Hoping we can get into next round but going out this season whilst not ideal given no home crowds for extra gate receipts etc it wouldn’t be as big a financial hit than previous seasons

I want to get through so let’s give it a go tonight and into final qualifier

The team just need to take our chances and concentrate more on defensive duties tonight

I can't even get logged in to RTV via Chrome or Safari. It's not doing anything when I click the login button. Managed to purchase the game via MS Edge, however that likely means I won't be able to cast to my TV.

I can't even get logged in to RTV via Chrome or Safari. It's not doing anything when I click the login button. Managed to purchase the game via MS Edge, however that likely means I won't be able to cast to my TV.

Edge and Chrome are virtually identical under the hood these days so that is odd. Standard advice is to clear cache/cookies and try again. There is a huge issue getting the 'system' to recognise logouts. I logged out this morning - and was shown as such - but for the next hour or so every time I tried to login again I got the 'too many connections' message.

I fancy a narrow 2-1 (Morelos & Kent) though would feel far more confident if we had Jack, Aribo and Roofe. I'd go:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barisic
Arfield Davis Kamara
Hagi Morelos Kent

For viewers who are using a VPN to watch tonight's game, especially those on the Unlimited (overseas) subscription.

I just logged in on RangersTV and was dismayed to see no option for Live Video. Then realised I had my VPN set to The Netherlands. Changed it to France and the Live Video is now showing.

Unless you are actually in The Netherlands, or have your VPN (if you use one) set to The Netherlands you should see the Live Video placeholder.

NOTE: IF USING A VPN MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR LOCATION SET AS THE NETHERLANDS - FOR TONIGHT ONLY. RANGERSTV DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHTS TO SCREEN IN THE NETHERLANDS.

Back