Glenn Kamara, excellent tonight

Excellent on the ball, even under pressure. If he can add goals to his game he’s going to be some player.

He's wasting his time in our league. Limited but slightly talented footballer thrive in it on the basis of getting stuck in, running around a lot and in many cases acting like a snidey ned. Kamara is an incredibly talented footballer whose biggest failing is dwelling on the ball (by our standards) and being shut down by limited talents whose sole function in the game is to close good players like him down. See also, to an extent, McCrorie and his success at Aberdeen and why Gerrard didn't rate him for us.

He was excellent tonight and not for the first time he is very technicaly gifted and never panicks and has a very high %pass rate

Usually Borna is pushed right up and its Kamaras job to cover him. Tonight the full backs sat a bit deeper and Kamara was given more licence to get forward,more like he does for Finland. I think it clearly suits him better

He is ideally suited to European football. He is prone to the odd lapse in concentration. Hence the reason he plies his trade in Scotland.

Absolutely outstanding midfielder.
Terrific performance tonight.

Absolutely. Anyone who can't see it with Kamara has no idea, kind of guy that incessantly screams "get it in the box" for 90 mins at Ibrox.

He's a very good midfielder, with and without the ball. Sometimes he's been guilt of letting an error go to his head, but he's still a relatively young man who hasn't played that many first team games, he is and is going to be a very good player.

I just love the way Kamara plays, it is all about ball retention and making the assured pass. While watching tonight, I thought you could count on the one hand the amount of times Kamara gives the ball away in a European game. Then thought not in a game, more like over 2 or 3. His awareness of opponents when he is in possession, is fantastic, as a result he often makes the 2/3 yard pass to ensure we do not lose the ball.

On a thread at the beginning of the season, I said I was excited about the intricate skills of Kent, Aribo and Hagi in and around the box. But I said the player that excited me most about being able to raise their game, was Kamara.

Played really well tonight. That moment when he waltzed into the penalty box and cut it back was class. Seems he’s a big game player as he gets plaudits when playing in Europe and for Finland but can’t seem to step up in the SPL.

Thought Kamara was really good tonight m and I enjoyed seeing him take players on at times too.

He gets stick at times but he’s a very good player for us and an excellent option to have in the midfield.

I think Kamara and Aribo are superb technical players that can go right to the top. They are better than they look in Scotland because thuggery is allowed on them.

He seems to play to the level of opposition.

He's brilliant against the higher quality teams, and yet doesn't have the same influence against the shite of the spfl.

Kamara is excellent as is tav as is goldson but some of our fans just like to moan.

Kamara would be loved if he played for an Italian side

Said to mates for a while now that he would be a revelation in Italian football. You can actually see his confidence levels rise when we are playing continental teams as opposed to the hammer throwers of our league.

I don't understand why he gets stick. The guy is class, always happy to take the ball and never panics. Some say he doesn't drive forward enough but I think that's because he's been told to sit in. That said, on a few occasions this season we've seen him get further up the park. Great player and an absolute bargain.
He gets stick because he’s not doing it every week for us and can be frustrating at times.He is great player on his day.

As someone noted earlier in the thread, Kamara isn't necessarily best suited to Scottish football, on the other hand, I think he'd flourish in La Liga

My only criticism of Kamara is that he has a tendency to blindly play the ball back towards the defence when he's being closed down in our half. He did it again in the first half and their forward was about half a yard away from intercepting it and putting us in bother. He's a tremendous footballer and I'd like to see him pushed at least 10 yards up the park and add goals to his game.

He had a great game because he had a bit of freedom to move and get forward.

I don't think his best position is DM, I think most of his good games have come from him getting forward.
Unfortunately Gerrard plays him in a 2xDM set up so he plays defensively.

Great player.

I thought he assisted Borna superbly last night. He could have been under a bit of pressure with such an early booking and I thought he looked a bit shaky when they were really coming at us in the first 20 but Glenn protected him.
We have a group text that we chat in when we’re not at the game together and I lost count of the number of times someone said ‘great play from Kamara’ .

The midfield got a lot of abuse but I too thought kamara was exceptional. He reads the game very well.

he does - but his biggest issues for me is the pass without looking and the safe pass 100% of the time. Though that’s a midfield thing as a whole as well. Really like him though and way better than he gets credit for

He was brilliant tonight. Controls the tempo of our game. Unfortunately in this backwater we rarely need to slow it down but in Europe, when there is a bit more pressure, he excels.
Looks a vital cog in our team in Europe.

I’ve said before there is reasons why kamara, barasic, Morelos get linked with moves to the big leagues. Also a reason why other centre mids and full backs don’t even generate interest

Probably needs to leave Scottish football to progress further. Weird he didn't make that jump when he went to Dundee. We've won a watch with him up there and to us.

Superb technical player.

Just think. Kamara is not suited to the Scottish game. Like every player he will have the odd poor game in Europe for both club and country but, in the main, he looks more comfortable in the more technical enviroment and generally plays well. 7 out of 10 last night beside an 8 out of 10 Steve Davis.

He’s better when allowed to play a bit more forward, similar to where he plays for Finland. He’s a lovely footballer and one I hope we manage to keep and find a position for.

Does anybody else think he had a really good game against Hibs as well? Seen a lot of unfair criticism from fans over that performance.

Back