Pubs in Carlisle Closed Until 17:00 on Saturday?

been down Cumbria , Northumberland all week never heard anything other than Boris might do a nippy and shut the pubs , Scottish football is an irrelevance to most down here

I've watched one OF game on my own in over 43 years of live TV coverage and it was torture, fucking torture (they equalised in injury time). I've attended every game at Ibrox and most at Parkhead and Hampden, those I didn't I watched in local Rangers pubs.
This Saturday it'll be me and my son, with the wife banished with the grandkids.

It'll be different, that's for sure.

Out of interest, where is likely to be showing the game in Carlisle if they are indeed open?

Out of interest, where is likely to be showing the game in Carlisle if they are indeed open?

Mate who runs one of main pubs on Botchergate said he thinks only Walkabout will be on there. Personally I would be surprised if they did, would have thought they could get full just by advertising the Merseyside Derby and they do bookings without Covid anyway. To be fair it does have a poster on their Facebook advertising it as part of a great weekend of Sport and he would know much better than me.

Anyone going Penrith for the day?!

BBC Scotland news have just stated that a “Rangers” bar in Blackpool will be closed on Saturday.

A lot of talk in Carlisle about none of the pubs showing it at all. Don't know if the police have maybe requested this?

I was listening to CFM on the radio earlier. . They broadcast from Carlisle. They were asking a police inspector about it and he said that Scottish fans would be welcome in the pubs but no more than a group of six

Selfish behaviour? Because some like a swally with their mates pre match and post match and get the party songs on.

count me in the selfish category on Saturday then

I’m all for a swally and belting out a few songs with my mates but when you get people disappearing from early Saturday morning until Sunday evening then folk are taking the piss... and I know a good few who have done it.

No good can come of this Carlisle thing. Only negative headlines.

I hope they don’t show the game there. If anyone travelled and was left disappointed I’d suggest they deserve the wasted journey.

Just stay at home ffs.

been down Cumbria , Northumberland all week never heard anything other than Boris might do a nippy and shut the pubs , Scottish football is an irrelevance to most down here

Correct answer.

Everton v Liverpool will be on anyway.

Everyone travelling down will be nailing it back onto the M6 trying to get as north as possible by 1230 to pick up 810MW.

Meanwhile in Blackpool,The Gallant Pioneer to close its doors for this game :( it's had over 1500 requests about attending.

Forced to be closed or through their own choice?

Seems strange if they have chose to do this by themselves when pubs have been doing it tough recently.

I can see this game being cancelled at the last minute. If the numbers willing to travel to England from our side to watch the game and have a swally are true, then the Orcs will have the same ideas and similar numbers. It would be carnage.

I can see this game being cancelled at the last minute. If the numbers willing to travel to England from our side to watch the game and have a swally are true, then the Orcs will have the same ideas and similar numbers. It would be carnage.

No chance.

Couple of police vans down by Carlisle Station and botchergate already. Could be unrelated but heads up for anyone coming down

They would still be heading down if the cancelled it last minute so calling it off would achieve nothing.

Absolutely no way this would ever have happened.

Still quiet on Botchergate atm, they've cleared the entrance parking bit at the station and just prepared with police.

Seen a few fans about but nothing crazy.

Back