MOTM Poll Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I'm feeling nervous for this one ,with everyone saying we're going to take 3,4,5 or more I hope we concentrate on our own game don't be fooled by Lemmon saying we are favourites just play our game be relentless fast keep them off balance and hit them hard and fast and we will come away from that midden with our just rewards,show them NO respect NS
same here. that over confident mentality gives me the fear. sorry to sound negative, but I don't think it will be as easy as what people think. I'm confident, but it won't be easy. recent form often goes out the window in these games

Roughly 12 hours to kick off and I’m opening my 3rd bottle of white.

I’ve been watching old vids of us horsing the filth, countless orange tunes have been played too, fûck it.

I’ll probably be up at 6 with a cranky baby too but who cares, the battle fever is most definitely on.

Let’s do this Rangers.

The last time I saw this confidence we lost 0-2 at Ibrox.

As a poster above said, there will be a lot of chances. We need to take them
Agree hoping for the best but fearing the worst the Scottish media are only building Rangers up so they can take delight in knocking them down if we loose ,a loss today and it will be meltdown on here the Gerrard haters will be out in force wanting to run him out of town

Just do it Rangers. More than past time to put that horrible club back in it's place. They do not deserve to exist, never mind be successful. Time for every Ger to step up, beat them and go on to reclaim our place as the no. 1 Team.

I’ve never posted before. Never felt the need to. For the past several years, I’ve been more than happy to lurk in the background of FF, mostly laughing at the bizarre, ridiculous and witty stuff this place regularly throws up. Today, however, is different…

Out of nowhere, I lost my old man last year. As staunch as anyone - and another avid lurker on FF - our conversations would mostly be taken up with discussions about Rangers or, quite often, whatever we’d both seen on FF through the week! Unfortunately, I never got the chance to say a proper goodbye to him but, if I had the chance, I’d thank him for making me a bear. Growing up in the East of England, I now realise this couldn’t have been easy but he managed it with regular trips to Ibrox, buying me kits, and buying me dvds/videotapes for me to watch (over and over again). He once told me that “W.A.T.P” was one of the first things he said to me and, if things went as I hope they did, it was one of the last things he heard. Since his passing, we’ve had big games but I feel this is one of the biggest and it makes me miss him even more.

I was trying to explain to guys at work today what tomorrow means and what being a Rangers fan is all about. With only Norwich and Ipswich as their nearest reference point, with a healthy dose of English footballing arrogance and ignorance, and with being in their mid-20s like me (and not knowing about, for example, the 90s team) they did nothing but laugh and make the usual comments about Scottish football and making comparisons to other English derbies. I gave up in the end. Besides, how can I explain to someone that nervous feeling in the stomach before an old firm match? A feeling which comes about from a lifetime of following a club you’ve been steeped in, and knowing there’s millions of fans around the world going through the same thing! But, I guess that’s the thing; being a Ranger’s fan is in your blood, in your bones. I’ll be forever grateful to have that.

I’m quietly confident for tomorrow and I believe we’ve got something really happening at Rangers at the moment.

I might return to the lurking shadows and this might be my only post but:

‘W.A.T.P’

I’ve never posted before. Never felt the need to. For the past several years, I’ve been more than happy to lurk in the background of FF, mostly laughing at the bizarre, ridiculous and witty stuff this place regularly throws up. Today, however, is different…

Out of nowhere, I lost my old man last year. As staunch as anyone - and another avid lurker on FF - our conversations would mostly be taken up with discussions about Rangers or, quite often, whatever we’d both seen on FF through the week! Unfortunately, I never got the chance to say a proper goodbye to him but, if I had the chance, I’d thank him for making me a bear. Growing up in the East of England, I now realise this couldn’t have been easy but he managed it with regular trips to Ibrox, buying me kits, and buying me dvds/videotapes for me to watch (over and over again). He once told me that “W.A.T.P” was one of the first things he said to me and, if things went as I hope they did, it was one of the last things he heard. Since his passing, we’ve had big games but I feel this is one of the biggest and it makes me miss him even more.

I was trying to explain to guys at work today what tomorrow means and what being a Rangers fan is all about. With only Norwich and Ipswich as their nearest reference point, with a healthy dose of English footballing arrogance and ignorance, and with being in their mid-20s like me (and not knowing about, for example, the 90s team) they did nothing but laugh and make the usual comments about Scottish football and making comparisons to other English derbies. I gave up in the end. Besides, how can I explain to someone that nervous feeling in the stomach before an old firm match? A feeling which comes about from a lifetime of following a club you’ve been steeped in, and knowing there’s millions of fans around the world going through the same thing! But, I guess that’s the thing; being a Ranger’s fan is in your blood, in your bones. I’ll be forever grateful to have that.

I’m quietly confident for tomorrow and I believe we’ve got something really happening at Rangers at the moment.

‘W.A.T.P’

Its more than a game of football to us mate. That’s why they’ll never understand.

You’re dad done you well giving you a passion for Rangers mate, must’ve been a top man.

Great post

‘W.A.T.P’
Great post and it definitely shouldn’t be your last.

Maybe your next post will be celebrating a famous victory?

Good luck for the game and remember you are not alone. Win, lose or draw we will always be The People.

‘W.A.T.P’
I've no doubt whatever the result tomorrow that you're doing your dad proud.

Put these bastards if their place today, if we treat this like we’ve seen in the europa matches we will win as teams opening up to us suits us down to the ground, could pump this lot 4-0 and that shower will still think they’re a better team, delusion

‘W.A.T.P’
My glass raised to your old man. More contributions to the forum from yourself would be most welcome if this is the standard.

One of my favourite goals of recent years. True catharsis for a bear after everything we’ve been through. Kent taking the piss, Ryan (one of our own) Jack striking it through the mongos legs into the net. Beautiful.
So much emotion.

That was a great day.

Felt like closing a small chapter in the shite journey. A small glimpse into what my days would look like, come 55.

Any three points would be perfect however this is one of only two league games where a draw is acceptable.

Those declaring how poor they are, should realise that they’ve won 8 league games on the bounce, which is something that wins titles and we need to develop that habit if we’re going to get there!

Just got up at 5.30. Waste of time can’t sleep a wink. Just hope we can pull off a victory today. I am not stupid and know it won’t be easy but I believe if we can play our forward game with pace then we could pull this one off.

We need to be on them from the first whistle, don’t let them have an inch of space. If we’re at our best we should put a good few past them

‘W.A.T.P’
Great first post....being a dad myself, i know how proud your dad would have been, knowing that you’ve followed in his footsteps.

WATP always brings a new meaning for me when you hear stories like this. As a support we’re always there for each other. I really hope come final whistle that you’re able to raise a glass to your old man in celebration.

Leaving for work now probably have to listen to fukin BBC commentary, but we need to win Rangers ,make my day at work pleasurable WATP

Woke up after a nightmare where the scum beat us 1-0 what a relief it was only a dream.
Now for reality 2-1 win the Gers.

I genuinely wouldn’t swap one player of theirs for ours, I feel we’re stronger in every position. Can’t shake the feeling we might give them a right doing today, but, as others have said, overconfidence in these games feels wrong. Let’s just say we won’t lose today.

Just started work :mad: will miss most of game, but the fever is still on. Hate it that I'm confident, but we should steamroller this pile of shit today.

‘W.A.T.P’
Your dad sounds like a great guy - enjoy the game today.

Can’t wait for the game to start. Taking myself out for the morning and back just before the game. 2-1 win for the Rangers.

‘W.A.T.P’
Welcome to the nut house mate.

Good morning Bears! Beers are open, clock is counting down slower that ever. Cant wait for the game to start. Bring it on.
Barisic free kick to open the scoring 28/1 (sky bet) followed up by Kent and Morelos. Come on Rangers.

Hopefully we are in their faces from the first minute, that’s when we have played our best stuff against them, our worst two performances under Gerrard are when we sat back and let them come at us.

Very strange "build up" for me. With no fans present It oddly just feels as though i'm calmly waiting to watch a football game only. I'm sure i'll gradually now fall to piece between now and full time whistle, it's a strange one though.

‘W.A.T.P’

Great post mate.

Your father done his job and will.be proud as punch that you're carrying on this wonderful tradition.

I hope we get the win

Back