MOTM Poll Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Been up since 4 30am !! I honestly think the weak link today that we must exploit is Duffy. He may be decent in the air but he's the slowest CB I have ever seen. If Kent can get a run at him it will be embarrassing. Yes plenty cross balls from both sides as usual, but isolate Duffy and let Morelos bully him leaving space for others.

I’ve never posted before. Never felt the need to. For the past several years, I’ve been more than happy to lurk in the background of FF, mostly laughing at the bizarre, ridiculous and witty stuff this place regularly throws up. Today, however, is different…

Out of nowhere, I lost my old man last year. As staunch as anyone - and another avid lurker on FF - our conversations would mostly be taken up with discussions about Rangers or, quite often, whatever we’d both seen on FF through the week! Unfortunately, I never got the chance to say a proper goodbye to him but, if I had the chance, I’d thank him for making me a bear. Growing up in the East of England, I now realise this couldn’t have been easy but he managed it with regular trips to Ibrox, buying me kits, and buying me dvds/videotapes for me to watch (over and over again). He once told me that “W.A.T.P” was one of the first things he said to me and, if things went as I hope they did, it was one of the last things he heard. Since his passing, we’ve had big games but I feel this is one of the biggest and it makes me miss him even more.

I was trying to explain to guys at work today what tomorrow means and what being a Rangers fan is all about. With only Norwich and Ipswich as their nearest reference point, with a healthy dose of English footballing arrogance and ignorance, and with being in their mid-20s like me (and not knowing about, for example, the 90s team) they did nothing but laugh and make the usual comments about Scottish football and making comparisons to other English derbies. I gave up in the end. Besides, how can I explain to someone that nervous feeling in the stomach before an old firm match? A feeling which comes about from a lifetime of following a club you’ve been steeped in, and knowing there’s millions of fans around the world going through the same thing! But, I guess that’s the thing; being a Ranger’s fan is in your blood, in your bones. I’ll be forever grateful to have that.

I’m quietly confident for tomorrow and I believe we’ve got something really happening at Rangers at the moment.

I might return to the lurking shadows and this might be my only post but:

‘W.A.T.P’

This has brought tears to my eyes . Your dad would be proud son . Come on Rangers .

Tough game today.
need to be at our best.
Good luck to all the staff and players and the especially the fans, hope you all have a great day.

come on Rangers

What a change since Gerrard came in that we can go into these games feeling like, ok we might not win every one, but if we turn up on the day we can be competitive and have a chance. Under Murty (shudder), Pedro, etc it was more a case of dread that we might get absolutely destroyed.

I think we’ve got a chance today. A late winner coming from a breakaway - Jones or Kent to get the goal.

I’ve never posted before. Never felt the need to. For the past several years, I’ve been more than happy to lurk in the background of FF, mostly laughing at the bizarre, ridiculous and witty stuff this place regularly throws up. Today, however, is different…

Out of nowhere, I lost my old man last year. As staunch as anyone - and another avid lurker on FF - our conversations would mostly be taken up with discussions about Rangers or, quite often, whatever we’d both seen on FF through the week! Unfortunately, I never got the chance to say a proper goodbye to him but, if I had the chance, I’d thank him for making me a bear. Growing up in the East of England, I now realise this couldn’t have been easy but he managed it with regular trips to Ibrox, buying me kits, and buying me dvds/videotapes for me to watch (over and over again). He once told me that “W.A.T.P” was one of the first things he said to me and, if things went as I hope they did, it was one of the last things he heard. Since his passing, we’ve had big games but I feel this is one of the biggest and it makes me miss him even more.

I was trying to explain to guys at work today what tomorrow means and what being a Rangers fan is all about. With only Norwich and Ipswich as their nearest reference point, with a healthy dose of English footballing arrogance and ignorance, and with being in their mid-20s like me (and not knowing about, for example, the 90s team) they did nothing but laugh and make the usual comments about Scottish football and making comparisons to other English derbies. I gave up in the end. Besides, how can I explain to someone that nervous feeling in the stomach before an old firm match? A feeling which comes about from a lifetime of following a club you’ve been steeped in, and knowing there’s millions of fans around the world going through the same thing! But, I guess that’s the thing; being a Ranger’s fan is in your blood, in your bones. I’ll be forever grateful to have that.

I’m quietly confident for tomorrow and I believe we’ve got something really happening at Rangers at the moment.

‘W.A.T.P’
Brilliant post mate.
I’ll tell you a little snippet from my own life linked to your thoughts and feelings above.
As soon as game finished at Christmas last year when we beat them at the midden, the first thing that came into my mind was to call my dad.

My dad has now been dead for 12 years yet still my instinct kicked in. He’ll never leave you mate. WATP.

Time to stand up and be counted, time for players to show if they have the mentality to play for Rangers.

This wont be the walk in the park that some are claiming.

They’ve never been behind in a game at half time this season, let’s change that and see how they react, we need 11 warriors playing for each other, no passengers, if that happens we will win regardless of they perform.

We have better players and it’s now time to prove that.

2-1 Rangers

get fucking steamed into them Rangers and No Surrender!

Time to stand up and be counted, time for players to show if they have the mentality to play for Rangers.

This wont be the walk in the park that some are claiming.

They’ve never been behind in a game at half time this season, let’s change that and see how they react, we need 11 warriors playing for each other, no passengers, if that happens we will win regardless of they perform.

We have better players and it’s now time to prove that.

2-1 Rangers

get fucking steamed into them Rangers and No Surrender!
Agreed . All I ask is that the players give their all and don’t panic when we get a chance , show composure in front of goal .

If we do that and Beaton doesn’t shit the bed then we have a fighting chance . Beaton is crazy we all know his erratic behaviour could cost us .

Lennon doesn't have the backing of his players, it was only a couple of weeks ago, he was telling everyone that their not giving 100%.
That plus the motivation that this Rangers team have to stop them winning the league this year, tells me, even if we didn't get a win today, we'll still win the league this season, as all the pressure is on them, much more than the other titles they won.

Guys I’m having to travel to Skye unexpectedly this morning and I don’t want to have to listen to the game on the radio. Any idea if it will be available soon after the final whistle on Sky Go on demand? I think most big games they show are, right? Is there any other “watch as live” option? Couldn’t see anything on Rangers TV.

Guys I’m having to travel to Skye unexpectedly this morning and I don’t want to have to listen to the game on the radio. Any idea if it will be available soon after the final whistle on Sky Go on demand? I think most big games they show are, right? Is there any other “watch as live” option? Couldn’t see anything on Rangers TV.

I'm sure you can re watch the full game on Rangers TV after it's over.

Not sure when its available to watch or what membership you need but the option is there I'm sure.

The nerves kicking in now,my worry as most times is Tavs bombing forward leaving us a bit exposed down his side. But if we play we know we can they simply won't be able to live with us. Come on rangers,show up today and destroy them! We've Beaton them there before even with Clancy! No fear!

‘W.A.T.P’
We are the people, my friend. Your dad raised you right, and you’ve done him proud. That’s all that matters. A victory for the bears today can mean the world to us, but you can be safe knowing he would be watching Is do the business and watching with pride at his son, watching the Rangers,

No surrender

‘W.A.T.P’

Great post mate,my dad no longer with us but I still think of him every day and especially on days like these to share with him. Let's hope rangers do us all proud today with a great victory. WATP

Just me that doesn’t want arfield wide right as expected?

he has been great in midfield

I think the midfield decision will tell us a lot about Gerrard.

Is he going to revert to type, put Jack back in and move Arfield wide? Or is he going to leave Jack on the bench, keep Arfield in the middle and put Hagi on the right?

I'd like to see us go the second way but I've got a feeling Gerrard will play it safe.

Is he going to revert to type, put Jack back in and move Arfield wide? Or is he going to leave Jack on the bench, keep Arfield in the middle and put Hagi on the right?

I'd like to see us go the second way but I've got a feeling Gerrard will play it safe.

jacks a main man for gerrard. I’d imagine he starts if fit.

interesting and tough choice - but a good one to have as it’s ages since we’ve had a dilemma picking the team

Well, a ropey start to the morning there...

After opening up RangersTV and seeing i could only get audio i near soiled myself. After turning off the company VPN off i have now been able to log in buy the match!

Deep breath, calm down, today is going to be alright!! WATP!!

jacks a main man for gerrard. I’d imagine he starts if fit.

interesting and tough choice - but a good one to have as it’s ages since we’ve had a dilemma picking the team

That's the point I'm making mate.

I like Jack but the midfield has been performing well without him. IMO we should continue with Kamara, Davis and Arfield and Jack can wait for his chance to get back in the team.

However, in pressure situations, I think people tend to revert to type. Gerrard has been guilty of it in his first couple of seasons. I'd like to see him change that and start the form players.

I would like to see jones on the right wing and arfield is midfield

‘W.A.T.P’
You are a credit to your Dad sir. He raised you well & non Rangers cant comprehend what it means or feels to be one of us. Long may you lurk and post in the very near future, first post....your Dad would be the defintion of proud, today of all days!

Their team will be the same as posted on here yesterday but swap Julien for Welsh and try Thumb for Kimala.

In the past I've settled for a point at the dump but we haven't won an opening OF under Gerrard and they also have a game in hand so... WIN!

A goal in the last second of 5 minutes added on time will do for me but not sure if my body would agree, mon the Gers

I only really have two concerns
1. The referee
Will he bottle it and get bullied by all the media talk
2. Set Plays
It's likely they will start with a back 3 with them all being 6ft 5 plus we only have two tall centre backs other than that our team lacks physicality and height to deal with that need to hope their crossing is pish or they have an off day with headers

Back