MOTM Poll Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
That's us now favourites according to the bookies, they've had some slide this week from 11/10 to 7/4. We've gone from 21/10 to 13/8 well done anyone who got on early

Was fine all up to this morning. Nerves have kicked in. I hope we show them zero respect with the line up and go for it, they are there for the taking. No fear!

I only really have two concerns
1. The referee
Will he bottle it and get bullied by all the media talk
2. Set Plays
It's likely they will start with a back 3 with them all being 6ft 5 plus we only have two tall centre backs other than that our team lacks physicality and height to deal with that need to hope their crossing is pish or they have an off day with headers
Set plays are a concern to me as well to be honest, that big pikey and Julien could be a big issue in that dept for us today

Some posters would take a draw...wise up. Everything points to a Rangers win and the team will grasp the chance.

Mate. What is “everything points to a Rangers win?”

what is that guff?

What is “everything”

you’re the one who needs to wise up. You’re emitting a lot of hot air with meaningless rhetoric. If you think a point is a bad result../.ffs

Lots of “this is the team” on kerrydale has this boy Welsh playing at the back and Klimala up top. We should be going for the jugular today and not letting up until the final whistle

That's us now favourites according to the bookies, they've had some slide this week from 11/10 to 7/4. We've gone from 21/10 to 13/8 well done anyone who got on early
And last few days over 2.5 goals has been 17/20.

Now 21/20.

My concern as well. I think it is a certainty that they will look to set pieces and use their height. Also believe they will set up to kick lumps out of us.

Set plays are a concern to me as well to be honest, that big pikey and Julien could be a big issue in that dept for us today
Equally our front 3s movement should cause them a lot of trouble as they are static and error prone but we all know the value set plays can have

I’ve never posted before. Never felt the need to. For the past several years, I’ve been more than happy to lurk in the background of FF, mostly laughing at the bizarre, ridiculous and witty stuff this place regularly throws up. Today, however, is different…

Out of nowhere, I lost my old man last year. As staunch as anyone - and another avid lurker on FF - our conversations would mostly be taken up with discussions about Rangers or, quite often, whatever we’d both seen on FF through the week! Unfortunately, I never got the chance to say a proper goodbye to him but, if I had the chance, I’d thank him for making me a bear. Growing up in the East of England, I now realise this couldn’t have been easy but he managed it with regular trips to Ibrox, buying me kits, and buying me dvds/videotapes for me to watch (over and over again). He once told me that “W.A.T.P” was one of the first things he said to me and, if things went as I hope they did, it was one of the last things he heard. Since his passing, we’ve had big games but I feel this is one of the biggest and it makes me miss him even more.

I was trying to explain to guys at work today what tomorrow means and what being a Rangers fan is all about. With only Norwich and Ipswich as their nearest reference point, with a healthy dose of English footballing arrogance and ignorance, and with being in their mid-20s like me (and not knowing about, for example, the 90s team) they did nothing but laugh and make the usual comments about Scottish football and making comparisons to other English derbies. I gave up in the end. Besides, how can I explain to someone that nervous feeling in the stomach before an old firm match? A feeling which comes about from a lifetime of following a club you’ve been steeped in, and knowing there’s millions of fans around the world going through the same thing! But, I guess that’s the thing; being a Ranger’s fan is in your blood, in your bones. I’ll be forever grateful to have that.

I’m quietly confident for tomorrow and I believe we’ve got something really happening at Rangers at the moment.

I might return to the lurking shadows and this might be my only post but:

‘W.A.T.P’
Lovely post mate. Your old man will be proud and will be looking for you to follow in his footsteps and get behind us today which you obviously will. Hopefully we get the result for you and him and nevermind your work mates they will never understand. You're one of us

Into these bastards Rangers

3-1 win, unusually confident which worries me but I truly believe we are the better team and that today is the day we put our marker down

Been up since 4 30am !! I honestly think the weak link today that we must exploit is Duffy. He may be decent in the air but he's the slowest CB I have ever seen. If Kent can get a run at him it will be embarrassing. Yes plenty cross balls from both sides as usual, but isolate Duffy and let Morelos bully him leaving space for others.
Kent to exploit Duffy's pace. And Morelos to be really physical against Julien cos he can't cope with that.

I only really have two concerns
1. The referee
Will he bottle it and get bullied by all the media talk
2. Set Plays
It's likely they will start with a back 3 with them all being 6ft 5 plus we only have two tall centre backs other than that our team lacks physicality and height to deal with that need to hope their crossing is pish or they have an off day with headers
When they have a corner, as long as we can defend it we can hit them on the break as they’ll have their defenders up for it

Some posters would take a draw...wise up. Everything points to a Rangers win and the team will grasp the chance.
What exactly “ points” to a rangers win ?

We have as many players missing as them

They are at home

We’ve beaten them once at their midden in twelve attempts

They’ve only drawn one game in the league all season

Im all for positivity but temper it with realism please .

A draw isn’t a bad result for us

Agreed . All I ask is that the players give their all and don’t panic when we get a chance , show composure in front of goal .

If we do that and Beaton doesn’t shit the bed then we have a fighting chance . Beaton is crazy we all know his erratic behaviour could cost us .
Beaton is affected by crowds, he loses it very quickly.
Be interesting to see him referee without added crowd pressures

What exactly “ points” to a Rangers win ?

They are at home

id take a draw.

falling 5 points behind when apparently they havent even started the season well is not worth thinking about.

Felt nervy yesterday but woken up today itching for this game to start. Wont manage to settle down till well after the game ffs.

Mon Rangers lets fucking do them!

I'm a bag of nerves.

A couple years ago, I hated being the underdog, expected them to hammer us whenever we played them as I knew in reality they were better than us.

Now I hate us being favourites and too many folk seemingly expecting us to win easily.

We could win. We could lose. The only certainty is I'm terrified of the latter and praying for the former.

What exactly “ points” to a Rangers win ?

They are at home

I'm with you mate. It's great to be confident and I hope this gets flung back at me later but we aren't going out and hammering them today. Recent form and a couple of players out for them won't come into it today, form rarely matters for these games and they will be up for it. Can we win? Of course we can, but it won't be easy. A loss is unthinkable as going potentially 5 points behind plus having a huge confidence knock is not good at all. Would give us a huge psychological knock and them a huge psychological boost. A draw would do me fine and a win would be absolutely majestic. They haven't looked great but they're winning, just remember the cup final last year. I do believe we are better than Celtic and I do believe we can win but we really really need to take our chances today. Need to be ruthless. I just hope this over confidence hasn't rubbed off on our players. I think we will either draw or maybe win by a goal but it will be a very tough and scary one to watch and they'll have their chances.

Didn't intend this is a negative post I just don't like to get carried away.

I'm a bag of nerves.

A couple years ago, I hated being the underdog, expected them to hammer us whenever we played them as I knew in reality they were better than us.

Now I hate us being favourites and too many folk seemingly expecting us to win easily.

We could win. We could lose. The only certainty is I'm terrified of the latter and praying for the former.
We’re not favourites

Guys let’s have a bit of optimism here we are better than them and will win the game with a bit to spare in my opinion

I'm a bag of nerves.

I hate OF mornings.

I hate even more not being at the game, far easier for my health when I’m there!

Please Rangers, just win, I don’t care how it comes.

Barkas
Ajer Duffy Welsh
Frimpong McGregor Brown Laxalt
Ntcham
Ajeti Griffiths

hearing that is there team for today
Few of my mates from the dark side saying this and boys in my team , again just rumours but a lot of them seem to be confirming it.

Barkas
Ajer Duffy Welsh
Ntcham
Ajeti Griffiths

Few of my mates from the dark side saying this and boys in my team , again just rumours but a lot of them seem to be confirming it.
Without tempting fate, that is not a strong looking team

NINTCHDBPICT000550499838-1-e1577625932732.jpg

Alfredo-Morelos-4-800-445.jpg

skysports-scott-arfield-rangers_4628457.jpg

These three to score.

Barkas
Ajer Duffy Welsh
Ntcham
Ajeti Griffiths

That's about the 3rd different ITK exclusive.

Back