Maurice Ross on Radio Scotland

He said it was like when you hold your Son off and try he is trying to hit you.
It was that easy.
Mick Stewart certainly changing his tune!

He was spot in with the fitness thing - it’s a b situation as he said 4 moths in and Lennon claiming at least 3 players not fit

I always enjoy listening to Ross, he speaks really well and this will be good to listen back to later once the podcast comes out.
Basically saying Gerard was a more modern manager and lennon was rough and tumble up and at ‘em with no real understanding of what he was doing and unable to convey to the players. Said Brendan Rogers had an attention to detail and positioning which this celtic team (lennon) lacks. Our team exceptionally well coached.

When all said and done we have the measure of them one to one but they are capable of winning ugly and scoring last minute goals but we are by far the better footballing side.

On Sportsound with Michael Stewart earlier reviewing yesterday.

He got absolutely tore into Lennon, celtic and in particular Griffiths for still not being fit.

Was almost laughing at how bad they are. Very entertaining stuff from the lad.
Where can I listen to this again?

Is the tide turning in Sportsound in that we have more representation? McCann, Ross I think Adam has been on. I don’t really listen, just wondering why the thoughts of those who do are?

Any links ?

1084.jpg

A very enjoyable listen
Stewart highlighting that we have many more gears to go into and they were lucky Morelos wasn't on top form and Kent has more gears to go into.

Good to hear him speak the truth for once and highlight this, sick of hearing about the players they had out the result would have been the same.

Nothing we don't already know, but encouraging and very honest words from Maurice Ross (obviously especially pertinent because he's coaching in some capacity at Motherwell):

"We talk about it at Motherwell often, when you watch Rangers you can see there's a group of good footballers but they're well-coached, you can see it, it's so predictable in how they do it...it just looks like they know exactly how the game's going to go.

They're so comfortable out of possession, they sit in that kinda half-way line area and just say 'come on then'.

You look at the distances between Rangers' players, everything is equidistant, the players are never over-covering, never under-covering, they're all so calm – when do you see Rangers midfielders sprinting because they've been caught out of position? Never. They're constantly jogging, they're just in perpetual motion because they're all in sync.

For me, they're the best-coached team (I mean my gaffer might give me into trouble for that) in the league. And they've got a good squad hence why they've had such good results of late."

Mo Ross was breathtakingly honest, brutal even about Griffiths and Ajeti and Celtics tactics in general.
Sign of the changing times they are getting criticised on the radio, Peter won't like it. Expect more bullshit spin.
Happy days.

He was brilliant, how refreshing to hear someone just being completely open and honest. Even later in the podcast essentially saying St Mirren were taking the piss with the Covid tests to force postponement of their game.

He said something to the effect of "What's your opinion on this then, Michael? St Mirren get 2 positive tests on Monday and the game is still going ahead and everything is fine. They get a 3rd positive test and suddenly only 8 players are available – where have all the others disappeared to?"

I felt Stewart knew he was out his depth and Ross could destroy him if it came to a technical debate.

I also liked it when he said he knew Rangers would win when he saw the teams - fuelling the filths paranoia about the mole!
Exactly. He couldn’t take him on so he acceded.

Basically saying Gerard was a more modern manager and lennon was rough and tumble up and at ‘em with no real understanding of what he was doing and unable to convey to the players. Said Brendan Rogers had an attention to detail and positioning which this celtic team (lennon) lacks. Our team exceptionally well coached.

When all said and done we have the measure of them one to one but they are capable of winning ugly and scoring last minute goals but we are by far the better footballing side.
I think you notice that lennon has made that team a poor footballing side, guy's like Duffy won't help you play the ball out from the back.

Nothing we don't already know, but encouraging and very honest words from Maurice Ross (obviously especially pertinent because he's coaching in some capacity at Motherwell):

"We talk about it at Motherwell often, when you watch Rangers you can see there's a group of good footballers but they're well-coached, you can see it, it's so predictable in how they do it...it just looks like they know exactly how the game's going to go.

They're so comfortable out of possession, they sit in that kinda half-way line area and just say 'come on then'.

You look at the distances between Rangers' players, everything is equidistant, the players are never over-covering, never under-covering, they're all so calm – when do you see Rangers midfielders sprinting because they've been caught out of position? Never. They're constantly jogging, they're just in perpetual motion because they're all in sync.

For me, they're the best-coached team (I mean my gaffer might give me into trouble for that) in the league. And they've got a good squad hence why they've had such good results of late."
That’s a great statement from someone who understands the game from a coaching perspective.

Good to see Maurice, who I recall having some personal issues at the end of his Rangers career, talking like a real pro, unlike the non-interviews we see from most football people.

He got absolutely tore into Lennon, celtic and in particular Griffiths for still not being fit.

He was saying in the paper the day that it was the worst mentally challenged starting 11 for 20 years

Will be the last time he’s invited on there then :cool:

Back