Maurice Ross on Radio Scotland

I felt Stewart knew he was out his depth and Ross could destroy him if it came to a technical debate.

I also liked it when he said he knew Rangers would win when he saw the teams - fuelling the filths paranoia about the mole!
Absolutely, never seen Stewart like that before, he was the same on Sportscene last night which was strange also.

2 shows and not one argument.

Stewart highlighting that we have many more gears to go into and they were lucky Morelos wasn't on top form and Kent has more gears to go into.

Good to hear him speak the truth for once and highlight this, sick of hearing about the players they had out the result would have been the same.
Starting to realise there will be no place for him when we start to dominate again plays up to the audience they will all stop watching when we are on top again! fly puddle drinking fb if u ask me mate wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him :)

That’s a great statement from someone who understands the game from a coaching perspective.

Good to see Maurice, who I recall having some personal issues at the end of his Rangers career, talking like a real pro, unlike the non-interviews we see from most football people.
That’s a great statement from someone who understands the game from a coaching perspective.

Good to see Maurice, who I recall having some personal issues at the end of his Rangers career, talking like a real pro, unlike the non-interviews we see from most football people.
What I don’t understand is that anyone was surprised, we dominated them the last time we played, slaughtered them at Hamden. In fact (including last seasons defeat at Ibrox), the last time they looked superior to us was their 1-0 at the peadodome a couple of years ago. Beating them has not been the problem for two years and they have been at full strength for the majority of them. In the last 3 games they have managed 6 efforts on target (5 in one match). Make no mistake we are well better than that lot and have been for a while. WATP

If you listen to the half decent Celtc fans (they have some) they have been saying for months now Lennon is not the man to take them forward..I hope he stays

I am surprised at BBC Scotland letting on intelligent former players of ours tbh.

Mo Ross certainly sounds like a good listen.

Rest assured, Stewart will be back to normal late next week once the Tim's PR team have decided on thier response and had him briefed.

I felt Stewart knew he was out his depth and Ross could destroy him if it came to a technical debate.

I also liked it when he said he knew Rangers would win when he saw the teams - fuelling the filths paranoia about the mole!

I sure I heard him say , after being asked about what Septic could do about matching Rangers next time , he ended by saying '' of course , as a Rangers fan , I hope they don't .

Refreshing

Sportscene and this two normally terrible programs, what a difference it makes when they talk football and analyse the actual game.

Sky should be looking at the like of McCann (again) and Ross. Get rid of the tired clichéd like Hartson sutton and walker. It's not because they are beggars, but they are rank rotten.

Maurice really boot the boot in.
I tend to think there has been an over reaction to Celtic's performance. It is just 1 game and we are 4 ahead with a game more played so I would not get too carried away however enjoy the moment.

Maurice really boot the boot in.
I tend to think there has been an over reaction to Celtic's performance. It is just 1 game and we are 4 ahead with a game more played so I would not get too carried away however enjoy the moment.

exactly their next 9 games look horrible if you include the Europa league , lets see where they are then to see if yday was a blip or a regression

I've not listened to all of this yet. It made a pleasant surprise but Ross did also say the league will be tight and their missing players will make a difference.

There's a long way to go & I'm not writing the mhanks off yet

Ross made the really astute observation that Lennon just relies on having the best players in the league, and them digging him out. Nothing more than that and absolutely no sense of identity or tactical rigour.

That’s true .... and I will be brutally honest here in that some of our nine In a row seasons were won by teams of individuals rather than well managed teams. We found that out when they played in Europe.

This Celtic team are not well managed but they still have players who can win the vast majority of games against the lesser opponents.

You only need 8 weeks to get fit when your a cocaine addict. Ask leigh about the ambulance that was called for him at broonies hoose

On Sportsound with Michael Stewart earlier reviewing yesterday.

He got absolutely tore into Lennon, celtic and in particular Griffiths for still not being fit.

Was almost laughing at how bad they are. Very entertaining stuff from the lad.
It was superb!
Let Griffiths have both barrels!!

Stewart sounded pathetic as usual, and just agreed and then made the same points as Mo.
Except made each point last about 1/2 hour.
Prick!

On Sportsound with Michael Stewart earlier reviewing yesterday.

He got absolutely tore into Lennon, celtic and in particular Griffiths for still not being fit.

Was almost laughing at how bad they are. Very entertaining stuff from the lad.
No problem with his message but where did the BBC find him?
Is this how far down they have to go to find an ex-bear who’ll talk to them?

Nothing we don't already know, but encouraging and very honest words from Maurice Ross (obviously especially pertinent because he's coaching in some capacity at Motherwell):

"We talk about it at Motherwell often, when you watch Rangers you can see there's a group of good footballers but they're well-coached, you can see it, it's so predictable in how they do it...it just looks like they know exactly how the game's going to go.

They're so comfortable out of possession, they sit in that kinda half-way line area and just say 'come on then'.

You look at the distances between Rangers' players, everything is equidistant, the players are never over-covering, never under-covering, they're all so calm – when do you see Rangers midfielders sprinting because they've been caught out of position? Never. They're constantly jogging, they're just in perpetual motion because they're all in sync.

For me, they're the best-coached team (I mean my gaffer might give me into trouble for that) in the league. And they've got a good squad hence why they've had such good results of late."
A lot of good learning material in this one post.

Stewart called Brendan Rodgers a world class manager. Not sure if he meant in him being the equal of a Jurgen Klopp or in comparison to the Lurgan Flopp.

Listened to full show last night, very bold and refreshing from Mo Ross to be as honest as he was, considering he’s coach at club that plays against both teams.
A Warburton rangers beat celtc on pens when we were 1 league below them and scared the shit out of them so much they went from Noggin The Nog to £60k a week brendan and went from hat embarrassment to scudding us 4 and 5 with us seemingly signing better players .......he was on £60k for a reason

Enjoyed listening to that, I actually thought both Ross and Stewart were very fair in their assessment of the game.

As enjoyable as it is we could do without a mounting media criticism of Lennon. Last thing we need is him replaced between now and the window opening.

Reactions: fmp
Going to give this is a listen this morning. Sounds like a very good analysis from the snippets I have read on the thread.

Mo is just mirroring what a lot of our own level headed fans have been saying on here for a good 18 months now. The improvement in us under Gerrard has been vast, if you strip back the emotion and look at it logically, it's clear for anyone to see. Too many of our fans are obssessed with winning the title yesterday though and have no patience. The toys were well and truly flung out the pram again after dropping points at Livi and Hibs this season and no doubt will be again the next time we drop points.

The team is developing and gaining more experience season on season and our squad depth is far stronger now than it has been since Gerrard came here. I have been saying for months on here, we need to keep improving each season, each transfer window and when Celtic have a natural drop in standards, we will be right there ready to pounce. It looks like they are starting to have that natural drop, although they have still been winning most weeks their results have been papering over the cracks for months now. They have been rank rotten most weeks and you can't get away with it every single week forever. The minute Rodgers walked and was replaced by a far inferior manager it was fantastic news for us. Our coaching staff are on a totally different level to what Celtic have now and that is helping bridge the financial gap.

We've utterly dominated most Old Firm Games since Lennon came in. He doesn't have a clue how to counter the shape and tactics we employ. Rodgers would have found a solution long ago for countering what we do, but Lennon and his coaching staff are clueless. They just depend on having the better players and being old school motivators in the dressing room to get the players going.

Enjoyed that, even if listening to Stewart has given me a dose of ear AIDS.

A little too much emphasis on who Celtic had missing though, Ross ought to have highlighted the fact that we had guys like Roofe, Defoe, Aribo, Katic, McLaughlin, Itten (albeit he got a cameo role) and a new signing in Zungu who'll all hopefully be available next time round.

Some quality insightful stuff from Ross otherwise.

No problem with his message but where did the BBC find him?
Is this how far down they have to go to find an ex-bear who’ll talk to them?
Struck me while listening to this that he was an excellent choice.

Not only still involved in the game as a current top flight coach with very good technical knowledge and a great communicator. But, also a Bear and not cautious about admitting it.

The fact they've shelled out the cash for Duffy suggests they will keep the back 3 which suits me.

Look at the difference in mentality. During lockdown you had griffiths posting on tiktok out of his tree on drink. Our guys came back looking like they had lived in a gym for 4 months. They have players who think they just need to turn up. We have players who know they have to work hard

Not only still involved in the game as a current top flight coach with very good technical knowledge and a great communicator. But, also a Bear and not cautious about admitting it.

so much like

Don’t know how well his coaching career is going but he sounds very knowledgeable and good at identifying issues. A great listen and even Michael Stewart was fair.

That’s true .... and I will be brutally honest here in that some of our nine In a row seasons were won by teams of individuals rather than well managed teams. We found that out when they played in Europe.

This Celtic team are not well managed but they still have players who can win the vast majority of games against the lesser opponents.
True and they will. Unless we can do the same we will probably need to take 8 or 9 points off the scum.

Totally agree.
I didn’t know how background.
I’ve been a dick on this one.

Back