Apparently Brandon Barker is our dirtiest player.

The Doctor

According to an online MSN article, Brandon Barker, (who was singled out for some reason,) is Rangers dirtiest player this season.
Frimpong was also highlighted despite only being number 8 in the list of most fouled players.
What they should have been mentioning was that Ross County have 3 of the top 4 players in the most fouls committed list. I reckon that's what most people looking at the following lists would have noticed first.
I suppose they're just not box office enough.

Players had to have played at least 270 minutes, with the number of fouls divided by their playing time.

Fouls suffered per minute:
20) Alfredo Morelos (Rangers) - 46'55''
19) Callum Lang (Motherwell) - 46'38''
18) Stevie May (St Johnstone) - 46'13''
17) Ryan Kent (Rangers) - 45'06''
16) Ianis Hagi (Rangers) - 45'04''
15) Jamie Robson (Dundee United) - 44'53''
14) Greg Kiltie (Kilmarnock) - 44'49''
13) Ross Stewart (Ross County) - 42'33''
12) Lewis Smith (Hamilton) - 41'26''
11) Martin Boyle (Hibs) - 41'10''
10) Jordan White (Motherwell) - 41'07''
9) David Wotherspoon (St Johnstone) - 40'34''
8) Jeremie Frimpong (Celtic) - 40'23''
7) Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen) - 39'51''
6) Craig Conway (St Johnstone) - 39'49''
5) Harry Paton (Ross County) - 39'41''
4) Alan Power (Kilmarnock) - 39'34''
3) David Templeton (Hamilton) - 34'40''
2) Marvin Bartley (Livingston) - 33'40''
1) Liam Polworth (Motherwell) - 29'12''

Fouls commited per minute:
20) Ethan Erahon (St Mirren) - 45'24''
19) Reegan Mimnaugh (Hamilton) - 44'53''
18) Jason Holt (Livingston) - 44'26''
17) Scott Tiffoney (Livingston) - 43'00''
16) Adrian Sporle (Dundee United) - 42'55''
15) Aaron Tshibola (Kilmarnock) - 41'51''
14) Sam Foley (St Mirren) - 41'32''
13) Peter Pawlett (Dundee United) - 41'15''
12) Craig Sibbald (Livingston) - 40'51''
11) Christian Doidge (Hibs) - 37'57''
10) Michael O'Halloran (St Johnstone) - 36'19''
9) Calum Butcher (Dundee United) - 35'09''
8) Brandon Barker (Rangers) - 34'53''
7) Nicke Kabamba (Kilmarnock) - 33'57''
6) Callum Lang (Motherwell) - 33'55''
5) Marley Wakins (Aberdeen) - 31'38''
4) Ross Draper (Ross County) - 29'56''
3) Iain Vigurs (Ross County) - 27'04''
2) Jordan White (Motherwell) - 26'26''
1) Regan Charles-Cooke (Ross County) - 26'05''

Another stat that jumps out is that there is only one club missing from the most fouls committed list.

Are we really supposed to believe that year after year, the cuddly craicsters from the east end legitimately top all of these fair play tables including consistently having the least yellows and reds of any team.

To be fair he does frustrate the life out of me with the amount of stupid fouls he gives away.

obviously not a 'dirty' player but its clear tackling is not one of his strengths :))

They cant handle that Kamara is a better player than any of their cm's due to the fact he only cost 50k.

Soro, Turnbull & Ntcham cost £10million in total, embarrassing.

Imagine my surprise that no Celtic player listed in the committing fouls list.
Was just about to post that. So what they are saying is the crash barriers don’t make any fouls but their players get fouled?

Am I reading that correctly?

shows you what that mob actually do know right enough if they think alfredos our dirtiest player... :)) :)) :))

There is a difference between smart professional fouls like Arfield at the weekend, and just being accidentally late to every tackle.
Side point to the thread, Arfield is generally the best at that in our squad. I’m not sure if that’s through his individual intelligence or something Dyche taught him.

There was an Athletic article highlighting how we were more or less trying to be more ‘street wise’ if you like in terms of fouling - innocuous fouls higher up the pitch to stop teams breaking on us

No doubt this has been an instruction to Barker when he’s been playing - be interesting to see his yellow cards, I bet it’s pretty low on comparison (Fernandinho at City is a master at these types of fouls)

this is where european stats usually show the anomaly where we and the bheasts have similar card counts but a discrepancy in scotland.

I actually thought Hagi would be our most fouled player. In saying that there's not much in it between him and Morelos who's number 1.

Shows how much Alfie is putting himself about for the team.

Goals maybe not coming as freely for him, but he’s constantly showing for the ball and still putting in a shift across the front line and coming deep.

I'd be dissapointed if we were not on the list.

We have been guilty in the past of being too nice and not breaking up plays enough.

Was just about to post that. So what they are saying is the crash barriers don’t make any fouls but their players get fouled?

Am I reading that correctly?

shows you what that mob actually do know right enough if they think alfredos our dirtiest player... :)) :)) :))
Clancy, Collum, Robertson etc certainly believe that, In fact, Clancy probably compiled the list.

Instead of 'Fouls suffered per minute', it should read 'Players who are best at falling down for no apparent reason'

Last edited:
Side point to the thread, Arfield is generally the best at that in our squad. I’m not sure if that’s through his individual intelligence or something Dyche taught him.
SG mentioned taking a man out when a dangerous break is on after we failed to do so in a EL and lost a goal. Think we've learned our lesson.

SG mentioned taking a man out when a dangerous break is on after we failed to do so in a EL and lost a goal. Think we've learned our lesson.
Ejaria at Parkhead is the one that sticks out for me, good to see we are getting more streetwise.

I'd have thought Kent would have been right at the top of fouls received he must get hacked down about 10 times a game

Now imagine if we had competent referees, or dare I say it, fair, unbiased and impartial officials?

Reading that it seems that hardly any tramp gets fouled or commits fouls?

Proper bunch of fcuking angels, eh?

According to an online MSN article, Brandon Barker, (who was singled out for some reason,) is Rangers dirtiest player this season.
Frimpong was also highlighted despite only being number 8 in the list of most fouled players.
What they should have been mentioning was that Ross County have 3 of the top 4 players in the most fouls committed list. I reckon that's what most people looking at the following lists would have noticed first.
I suppose they're just not box office enough.

Players had to have played at least 270 minutes, with the number of fouls divided by their playing time.

Fouls suffered per minute:
20) Alfredo Morelos (Rangers) - 46'55''
19) Callum Lang (Motherwell) - 46'38''
18) Stevie May (St Johnstone) - 46'13''
17) Ryan Kent (Rangers) - 45'06''
16) Ianis Hagi (Rangers) - 45'04''
15) Jamie Robson (Dundee United) - 44'53''
14) Greg Kiltie (Kilmarnock) - 44'49''
13) Ross Stewart (Ross County) - 42'33''
12) Lewis Smith (Hamilton) - 41'26''
11) Martin Boyle (Hibs) - 41'10''
10) Jordan White (Motherwell) - 41'07''
9) David Wotherspoon (St Johnstone) - 40'34''
8) Jeremie Frimpong (Celtic) - 40'23''
7) Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen) - 39'51''
6) Craig Conway (St Johnstone) - 39'49''
5) Harry Paton (Ross County) - 39'41''
4) Alan Power (Kilmarnock) - 39'34''
3) David Templeton (Hamilton) - 34'40''
2) Marvin Bartley (Livingston) - 33'40''
1) Liam Polworth (Motherwell) - 29'12''

Fouls commited per minute:
20) Ethan Erahon (St Mirren) - 45'24''
19) Reegan Mimnaugh (Hamilton) - 44'53''
18) Jason Holt (Livingston) - 44'26''
17) Scott Tiffoney (Livingston) - 43'00''
16) Adrian Sporle (Dundee United) - 42'55''
15) Aaron Tshibola (Kilmarnock) - 41'51''
14) Sam Foley (St Mirren) - 41'32''
13) Peter Pawlett (Dundee United) - 41'15''
12) Craig Sibbald (Livingston) - 40'51''
11) Christian Doidge (Hibs) - 37'57''
10) Michael O'Halloran (St Johnstone) - 36'19''
9) Calum Butcher (Dundee United) - 35'09''
8) Brandon Barker (Rangers) - 34'53''
7) Nicke Kabamba (Kilmarnock) - 33'57''
6) Callum Lang (Motherwell) - 33'55''
5) Marley Wakins (Aberdeen) - 31'38''
4) Ross Draper (Ross County) - 29'56''
3) Iain Vigurs (Ross County) - 27'04''
2) Jordan White (Motherwell) - 26'26''
1) Regan Charles-Cooke (Ross County) - 26'05''
It says a lot about Scottish refereeing that not a single player, and absolutely incredibly not Scott brown, is on the list of 20 dirtiest players.

Another stat that jumps out is that there is only one club missing from the most fouls committed list.

Are we really supposed to believe that year after year, the cuddly craicsters from the east end legitimately top all of these fair play tables including consistently having the least yellows and reds of any team.
For a foul to be committed, the ref must blow the whistle and declare it a foul.

I think that is the most telling of all. Refs are ignoring fouls by Celtic players and just saying "get on with it" to the opposition

this is where european stats usually show the anomaly where we and the bheasts have similar card counts but a discrepancy in scotland.

Not this season so far mate.

12 to our 8 in the league.

6 to our 3 in Europe.

Brown booked 5 times in the league already. Must admit that surprised me. The fouls thing really isnt a surprise. Ourselves and the Filth must have about 65% possession for most games, stands to reason we wont foul as much.

Of course, this only includes fouls awarded. Hence, a team that gets away with fouls will not feature heavily in the table of dirty players.

Back