Roofe has just put us on the TV all over the World.

His tenacious play to get the ball out danger was outstanding.. then he goes away and hits the ball from his half way line and it rockets in the back of the net!! Just ughhhh you absalout legend Roofe!!!

Reactions: fmp
A wee tour through some fitba forums show it's THE talking point of the night. Incredible goal.

That goal will be on highlight reels for the next two months and all end of 2020 season in review shows!!!

Outstanding, Outstanding!

As per OP title - that goal is being shared across the planet as we post

The exposure that footage will generate & keep us in the spotlight far & wide will be just immense

Well done Kemar - you've not only made us very happy with the performance & superb result you've raised our profile into so many corners of the globe

Stunning - just phucking stunning my son -
take a bow - take several bows

Furthest a goal has ever been scored from in the Europa apparently

I assume that the children of a lesser God will be replying to that with their usual Sevco / new club pish whilst their own club is parting* its’ metaphorical cheeks and accepting the rampant rod of Italian masculinity.

*when I say parting, I mean gagging for it.

The more you watch it the better it gets - power to win the ball, beat 3 men then a perfect, powerful connection on the worst possible surface - that flew in. My patterdale terrier nearly took a chunk out me I shouted so loud!

There’s a handful of great goals in footballing history scored form inside the players own half. Beckham and Xabi Alonso spring to mind.

I can think of no case in which a player who scored in his own half has done so much work in the build up. Roofe won the ball with a great tackle then beat three men before he shot.

It’s an historic goal - one that will still be getting shown in compilations 100 years from now.

It's the top post over on r/soccer on Reddit at the moment.

The OP is bang on about the exposure this will give the club worldwide.

I was watching the game on the iPad in silence with the earphones in but gave out the loudest roar when that hit the net. What a fright the wife and kids got.

I don’t think it’s our best ever European goal.

It’s our best ever goal. Period

A genuine sit there aghast at what you’ve just saw. When he hit it I said “what the %^*& is he doing”
Another one of my famous moments along with demanding Tony Vidmar be subbed before he rifled in against Parma

Back