Gerrard on Roofes goal

Well deserved praise for Roofe from the boss.
Under good conditions that goal would have been brilliant but as things were tonight it was absolutely fantastic. Incredible awareness.

Everything he says is true. I loved everything about it, but the power generated in the strike in those conditions shouldn't be underestimated. Absolutely world class

Great praise,a goal that’ll never be forgotten by any Rangers’s supporter. Hope he gets a run of games now.

If Roofe had scored that against a Scottish side the headlines would be he deserves a red card for being so disrespectful to the game
I thought their goalie had a good game as well....he will now forever be associated with that goal....shame...oh wait..feck him.

Everything about it is superb, especially the shithouserry involved in the celebration.

He doesn't even hit and hope with it either, he looks, sees the keeper miles off it and shoots accurately with the right amount of power. Ball bounces just before the line, it doesn't even take a few bobbles and dribble in.

Genuinely a tremendous goal. Should be taking the jersey from Morelos immediately.

Only time I’ve had such a reaction from a goal. You can normally hear my roar for miles.
Not a peep from me. Speechless, followed by tears laughter.

Was raging I missed Roofes goal...had to go on a zoom call
Heard the reaction in the next room though plus our 2 cats doing a vertical launch :))

Some statement that, hopefully KR will take off from here and become our main striker and get 30 this season to win us this league

Back