Roofe has just put us on the TV all over the World.

BBC National Breakfast have it as the first item on sport. Then show some goals from the tim game.
Over to the Scottish news - not a peep about any sport. Must be hurting this morning.

H&H might needs to revisit the top 50 goals now. The words from a great like Steven Gerrard says it all.

I hope the buzz from this kicks us on as a team now to a new level, a bit like Borna at St Mirren for the team.

Some international coverage

Plus tonnes of twitter attention

Beat 3 players and then scores from halfway, any other team it would have been one of the best goals ever.
WATP

When he hit it I thought that maybe he was just clearing to give us breathing space as he was on the right hand side of the pitch, there was a camera gap and then whoosh!

I'll never tire of watching that.
ezgif-7-632a489454b5.gif

It’s all over social media too. Massive outlets with millions of followers posting the goal. Not to mention our own tweet of it getting 11k retweet’s, 32k likes and viewed 2.3million times (and counting). Is that our best ever tweet in terms of engagement?

Anderlecht and Liege despise each other. Just makes it even more remarkable. One of the greatest goals we've ever scored, by far.

Can you imagine FF if Candeias or the likes came back and scored that goal for his team against Celtic?

400 pages of how we should never have sold him.

His dribbling was like Whittaker in Lisbon, the distance the ball travelled was even further than Cousin's pass to DMB in Lyon and the goalie lying arse up in the air like Lukic at Elland Road reminded me of so many great Rangers moments.

To combine all three of them in one play yourself in those conditions is miracle stuff.
Love the Whittaker goal*, but I'm comparing roofe to maradonna v england :))

*Appreciate that when it's ours, it's 10-fold better

think the bizarrest person to comment on it i've seen so far was Chris O'Dowd (IT Crowd/Bridesmaids) on twitter

Some strike indeed. Did it all just kick off there at the end?!
Sorry if this has been replied, couldn't be bothered reading all the posts. He celebrated by signing his kid's initials A and L but their bench thought he was doing AL meaning Anderlecht to take the piss. Big shagger hilarious during the rammy with his sneering "Get tae f**k" to the Standard coach who started it!

I have watched it so many times I have lost count. Gotta be up there with the goals of the century and I am not kidding. Sublime

Sorry I haven't went through everyone's comments and it will prob have been mentioned but there is no doubt had that been Messi or Ronaldo there is no doubt that it would be touted this morning as the greatest goal ever scored, because it is Roofe and Rangers it will prob be filed as a contender only.

Sky not allowed to show footage from BT then?

two guys (Heskey and Reo-Coker) seemed interested to chat about it, presenter gives it about 2 minutes and then on to Leicester. If Harry Kane or somebody else from the PL scores it, they'd have spent an hour on it
They’re not allowed to show the footage, no. Perhaps the producers don’t want to focus too much on a competition they don’t have the rights to broadcast.

Any goalie against us in the future thinking of playing the sweeper role might have a 2nd thought of straying too far from his goal line.

Sorry I haven't went through everyone's comments and it will prob have been mentioned but there is no doubt had that been Messi or Ronaldo there is no doubt that it would be touted this morning as the greatest goal ever scored, because it is Roofe and Rangers it will prob be filed as a contender only.
Keep Faith little bear..... the football world may grasp it and run with it
(even on the basis that the world needs any joy it can get)

So lets get this straight, he dispossess one player outside our 18 yard box, the ball breaks and he wins a 50/50 with another player runs forward holding off the same player then beats two defenders with a splitting pass TO HIMSELF then lobs the keeper from 55 yards. Yet some claim it was a fluke. I'll appreciate it for the beauty that it is as a football fan, even more so as a bear, sublime stuff.

When he hit it, I thought he was just getting it cleared. Lump it up the pitch and let us reorganise. It was only when the ball was around halfway to goal I thought, %^*& this might go in
Even though I knew he had scored, when I seen the goal on here, I was thinking that myself.

It caught everybody out. Real icing on the cake though. That late in the game to have lost a goal would have been like a defeat.

To finish it off like that is dream stuff.

Back