When Roofe scored

ensignquagmire

How did you react? I didn’t really celebrate, it was just so surreal and I was frozen with shock. Part of me still can’t comprehend what just happened at the time. I think I went through three stages. Freezing, laughing with disbelief and then just being in awe of what had happened. I normally go nuts for a Rangers tap in but this was just something else I’ve never experienced before at a Rangers goal. :))

Screamed like a wee lassie then kept saying what a fu*king goal.Phoned my old man who wasn’t even watching.His words I’ve taped it will watch it when it’s done.:oops:
Much like that myself.
As soon as the videos appeared on Twitter, sent a copy to a Leeds fan.
His reaction - WTF!

Sat throughout the game very quiet, I thought we cruised it and was 100 percent confident, even when Tav scored it was a silent fist pump. However when roof scored it was a full blown jump up yessssss, woke the misses us who was having a kip before her night shift.

Watching on the BT app so was behind 'reality'. As soon as they missed that chance my nerves couldnt take it so checked the score to see if it was full time. Seen Roofe had scored. When he got the ball I thought, he must beat these three players, go on some run then finish it, this will be some goal. When he lined it up to shoot it dawned on me what was about to happen. Still jumped around celebrating when it went in through sheer disbelief

was shaking and dropped the phone twice trying to inform my sons (who I knew were out and could not watch it) google the Roofe goal now - Gers 2-0

will admit a second before he shot was thinking "hold the ba, then fek me ya dancer" ;-)

Upstairs bathing wean watching it as it unfolded on my phone.

take it a run kemar.
Hit it in the corner and chase kemar.
Omg.
Omg.
Ooohhh mmmyyy gooodddddd!!!!!

*starts running around the bedroom heid in hands.

Cue 4 year old daughter shouting whats wrong daddy and my 81/2 months pregnant wife downstairs running upstairs screaming whats wrong.

me struggling express myself can only utter rangers have scored’

utter bedlam :))

genuinely one of they moments i will remember for ever, where were you when kemar scored from own half in belgium, class.

"Oh my god" but more in a disbelief way than a "fucking yaasss" type of way

No fist pumps or anything, very subdued and confused

The wife ( no pics ) was talking to me about something, Christ knows what, I remember saying he thinks the keepers off his line, then when the ball hit the back of the net, I just shouted , “WHAT A GOAL! “, the wife ( again no pics ) started to try and talk to me at which point she was told to shhhhh, watch this. She hates football but even she said that’s amazing.

I had quite a similar reaction, did not celebrate that much just sat there with my jaw dropped in shock wanting to see the replay

As soon as it left his foot I knew it had a chance, it was just so sweetly struck. I didn't know where the goalie was but just knew it was on target.
Totally! It was genius technique, you can clearly see the wee skip to correct himself to set himself up for the hit. Can’t wait until we get him at 100%

I was watching on the BT app and before it went in I had a WhatsApp message from my dad who is 80 and who doesn’t swear very often which just said “what a Fuc&ing goal”

I Just sat applauding saying what a fkin goal son, take a bow. Still sink8ng in that he actually had the awareness and audacity to take it on.

When it bounced into the net I shouted “Oh my fùćking God!” a couple of times then the Mrs shouted through “What’s happened.” And I replied “Roofe has just scored from the half way line.” in between giggling. When I showed her the replay I still couldn’t believe it. I have been buzzing about it ever since. I watched Roofe at Leeds and thought he was a robust striker that could hold the ball up, score in the penalty box and the occasional rocket, but that, that was different gravy.

Was mid shout about running for the corner, as soon as he hit it, you knew what he was attempting, then it was frozen silence until it went in, then celebrate and laugh at what was a surreal moment of absolute quality

Sat motionless for about 20 seconds before realising that it was for real.

Literally stunned into silence momentarily.

A very strange but pleasant feeling.
Similar, then "What a fucking goal" several times.
My wife had just arrived from work and said she'd heard me from the bottom of the street.
Her usual exaggeration, probably at the front door.

Though to myself “%^*& sake Roofe clear it down the line not down the middle” then just bedlam.

Danced around the living in front of my 2 mates who I share flat with, shouting “Oh my god did you see that”. The one who hates football was even amazed by it.

I just burst out laughing. Couldn't believe it went in. When I seen him pinging it I just thought he was lumping it into the corner to get the team up the pitch and waste some time. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he was going for goal.

I was on my feet already due to nerves hoping we would see out the game at 1-0.

When he hit it I thought why has he just punted that to waste some time.

When it went I put my hands in the air and said "what a goal!" 2 or 3 times in what I think was a high pitched, wee lassie type voice. Then high fived my eight year old

I got a fucking goal alert a few seconds before my feed showed him collecting the ball. So I knew we scored, but I assumed he ran the length of the pitch. When he did what he did, I was like yourself frozen. I took a few seconds to believe what I seen.
I was exactly the same. I seen him getting the ball and held my breath waiting to see him beat the players and run on. I didn't quite believe what came next. It was a genuine OMFG moment :oops:

I think it was even more OMFG because you went from that sinking feeling of waiting for them to equalise to the sheer elation of seeing a Rangers player scoring a winner goal.

When he hit it I thought 'ach he's just hitting it into the corner, wasting time'. As the camera followed the trachetory of the ball and it ended up in the net I was on my feet and landed on the dog. Poor thing didn't know what hit him, not best pleased.
That was me too

I reckon I sounded like a more excited version of that Mexican commentator, but much like Scott Nisbet vs Bruges, the instant he hit it I thought it was going in and was on my feet shouting before it had reached the top of its arch.

How did you react? I didn’t really celebrate, it was just so surreal and I was frozen with shock. Part of me still can’t comprehend what just happened at the time. I think I went through three stages. Freezing, laughing with disbelief and then just being in awe of what had happened. I normally go nuts for a Rangers tap in but this was just something else I’ve never experienced before at a Rangers goal. :))
I was watching in the dining room, I was standing up, just raised my arms and yelled, shouted the boy and missus in to see the replay! Immediately afterward I was just happy I never woke my 18 month daughter up with the yelling

Thing is, I live with my missus who has zero appreciation for football.

King Billy could enter the pitch astride a white charger and curl one in from 70 yards and she'd be all 'we are not amused'.

Did a half-scream half-laugh thing in disbelief then kissed the Mrs (no pics). That's when you know it's a special goal!

I remember when I was a young kid playing football with my mates everytime someone scored a goal that went in off the underside of the crossbar we would call it a Tony Yeboah.

There will be kids around the world now scoring goals from far out and calling it a Kemar Roofe effort. Its a goal that will never be forgotten and will be spoke about for years and years to come.

Just glad we got to see it live as it happened on TV..

My WiFi cut out just before it, so I was trying to understand wtf had happened as picture was just coming back

I got a fucking goal alert a few seconds before my feed showed him collecting the ball. So I knew we scored, but I assumed he ran the length of the pitch. When he did what he did, I was like yourself frozen. I took a few seconds to believe what I seen.

tbf running the length of the pitch and scoring would have made the goal even better given the state of the pitch

Back