Dirty Gordon Waddell goes on the Mail on Sunday

Bobby Nobby

Gordon Waddell, that well known anti Rangers, left wing, independence supporting sports writer has just joined the Conservative supporting Scottish Mail on Sunday. Waddell, who absolutely loathes Rangers, had finally been given the boot at the ailing Sunday Mail and looked all washed up in a shrinking market where every reader is a prisoner.

But Scottish Daily Mail and Scottish Mail on Sunday editor in chief, Andy Harries, axed his long time and highly respected chief football writer, Fraser Mackie, a former Rangers News reporter, to make way for loud- mouth, know-all, Waddell.

Is it any coincidence that Harries was one of Waddell’s brother, Bruce’s close confidants when Bruce was editor of the Daily Record?

So that’s the Mail on Sunday added to the Sunday Mail on the list of papers Rangers supporters should avoid.

Is Gordon the same Gordon that was contacting romanian journos and not paying them?

said he was from a sunday paper im sure

Gordon Waddell, that well known anti Rangers, left wing, independence supporting sports writer has just joined the Conservative supporting Scottish Mail on Sunday. Waddell, who absolutely loathes Rangers, had finally been given the boot at the ailing Sunday Mail and looked all washed up in a shrinking market where every reader is a prisoner.

But Scottish Daily Mail and Scottish Mail on Sunday editor in chief, Andy Harries, axed his long time and highly respected chief football writer, Fraser Mackie, a former Rangers News reporter, to make way for loud- mouth, know-all, Waddell.

Is it any coincidence that Harries was one of Waddell’s brother, Bruce’s close confidants when Bruce was editor of the Daily Record?

So that’s the Mail on Sunday added to the Sunday Mail on the list of papers Rangers supporters should avoid.
What's a newspaper ?

I had the misfortune of hearing him on Off The Ball last week.

In fact, let me correct that. I had the misfortune of hearing a few minutes of Off The Ball last weekend and he was being interviewed.

Another “journalist” who will spontaneously combust when Rangers win the league.

When Rangers make it 55 I might actually buy the rag he writes for just the once to see how much mental anguish it causes him.

He was on offtheball last sunday Tam Cowan asked him if the journos were scared of lawwell as the celtic players all got 5 or more in the player ratings in the papers

Soon there won’t be any newspapers. These so called journalists go from one paper to another but the reality is they are irrelevant and will soon be consigned to history

thanks for the info.

Dundee University recently had an on line induction video. As rector, Jim Spence said a wee bit.

He was talking about a sports journalist he knew, who had been made redundant, was in his 40's, and was just about to start uni.

I immediately thought of Waddell.

Is it any wonder printed newspapers are dying.

Nothing like deliberately pissing of your biggest demographic to hasten your own demise.

Dickheads.

Deserve the dole that’s undoubtedly heading their direction

These Scottish football hacks actually think they do a real and relevant job. The epitome of deluded, lol.

As a general rule of thumb, I avoid must sensationalist papers, but id love to know the rationale behind giving this guy an outlet? He genuinely can't string a sentence together. What happened to all the proper journalists? People who could offer genuine insight, and make you feel like you were at the game, just by reading their match reports? Sensationalism sells, but it doesn't offer any authenticity

Daily Mail was already on my banned list. With the amount of quality podcasts these days, why would you take anything these Muppets write seriously anyway.

I can't remember the last time i bought a paper so it makes no difference to me.
I bought a paper for the first time last Sunday and it may have been mail on Sunday. Couldn’t believe the price at £1.80. Sunday Mail was £2.10. Never again. Full of adverts and other rubbish.

That's the first I've heard of him in a while, he back after covid lockdown then.

Another wanker.

Dundee University recently had an on line induction video. As rector, Jim Spence said a wee bit.

He was talking about a sports journalist he knew, who had been made redundant, was in his 40's, and was just about to start uni.

I immediately thought of Waddell.
It would be Anthony Haggerty formerly of the Daily Record who has just started teacher training

It would be Anthony Haggerty formerly of the Daily Record who has just started teacher training
jeez. traynor wanted rid of that useless cant when he was there. lucky the record sport editor's got a season ticket at the piggery too

Back