Only 1 point more than this time last season.

Followbear93

Was surprised at that to be honest, thought it was a few more?
A points a point so it’s an improvement and we have more strength and depth.
Hopefully we can continue this run, but to be able to leave the likes of Barisic, Morelos and Kamara on the bench without bringing them on is huge as players with inevitably get tired, think Kent could have done with a rest but hey - Gerrard knows best.

Great weekend
WATP

Hopefully we can continue this run, but to be able to leave the likes of Barisic, Morelos and Kamara on the bench without bringing them on is huge as players with inevitably get tired, think Kent could have done with a rest but hey - Gerrard knows best.

Great weekend
WATP
A few on here could have sucked the Oxygen out of the Grenfell fire.

Surprising stat . We seem more in control of the games compare+with last season but as the OP pointed out we have a really strong bench this time

It is surprising given our defensive record this season but it was after the winter break we went to shit. Hopefully there’s no foreign training camps this season!

Am sure i heard clive say today we only dropped 7 points in our first 22 games laat season

edit outwith celtic we only dropped 7 points to the other 10

That’s why we need to be cautious. Because we were superb in the first half of last season. I can’t have been the only one thinking that last season was going to be our season.

The plus points this season over last are:

- We are conceding less
- our goals are more spread across the team
- the smellies are faltering more

Not looking at Them, the goals being spread across the team is the biggest positives and one of the reasons we could win the league this season.

If Alfie isn’t scoring it’s Arfield, or Aribo, or Kent, or Tav. Last season it was Defoe or Alfie with the vast majority of goals at this point.

Can’t say I’m surprised! We were very good first half of last season (points tally and or position on the league)!

Quite similar position the season before iirc.

We all know when we crashed and burned! That’s another psychological wound that we need to correct. Starting by turning the screw on the poets as much as possible. Killie next week is a proverbial must win!

Thing is wither we admit or not to win this league we needed to improve and then regress

We started the season really well last year but scraped through games

Both teams x were having strong 1st half of the year.

We needed to improve and be more consistent but we also need then to start to struggle in games.

We are on the way up and they are now on the way down but they still have experience to get it over the line.

We look a lot stronger this season however

We’ve not done anything to really show that we are a different team yet though. While last week’s game was a great result and performance, we did that last season and collapsed. The points dropped against Livingston highlighted a lot of the same issues.

That’s why I think next week’s game is huge and will be the true test of what we have learned and whether we’re ready to mount a serious title challenge. We know it’s on a plastic pitch and they’re just going to sit in. What are we going to different to make sure the performances there in the last two seasons don’t repeat?

Great weekend
WATP
We made a fantastic start last season. We seamed to be beating teams at home by 4 or 5.

The look weaker than last season, whilst our strength in depth has clearly improved .

That said, any triumphalism at this stage is premature. I’ve no doubt Gerrard will have the players absolutely focused on taking this one game at a time. No complacency

We have improved. That’s without a doubt.

What’s also quite clear is how Celtic have regressed.

Their three big signings (Barkas, Duffy, Ajeti) are no better than what they already had. And they’ve cost them a small fortune.

Lennon is a manager who comes in to a team, is able to rally the boys (i.e get them fired up) and then it all comes tumbling down because the players realise he’s a fruitcake.

The timing of it is perfect, because we are just starting to get our sh it together.

One game at a time, we can do this!

We both had great first half’s of last season
We just did that wee bit better up to the break

this year proves how difficult it is to sustain
We’re doing great but still dropped 4 points
If it was only 7 up to the end of December

but we’ve got a better run up to January than they do

hopefully we turn the screw

Great weekend
WATP
Major differences this season we’ve had reversal of fixtures with Rats, sheep, hivs, Motherwell and even Livi, all away in first quarter.

Bit of a myth here about last season with the suggestion we were scraping through games.

5-0 at home to the Sheep, Hamilton and Hearts. 4-0 up at Ross County. 6-1 against Hibs at Ibrox.

Actually thought we were better to watch at this point last year but I’d agree we look more ‘controlled’ this year plus we’ve a win over Celtic in the bank.

Great weekend
WATP
People are clouded by our poor run after New year.
We were excellent up till then, and had our highest points total since 2002/03 season.

Thing is.
our depth in the squad.
A year longer playing together.

Celtic not looking good at all.
In house fighting
Fans turning on them.

And I feel we will take another 7 pts off them at least.

Last season we relied heavily on morelos. After winter, he was a man down. It's no coincidence.

We barely look like missing morelos at the moment. A strong squad and today we looked to have a solid bench, something that last season was the opposite, we had a poor bench and the mentally challengeds had a good one.

Agree with the above re Ryan Kent. Felt he looked tired today. Few days rest now before Thursday. I would then look to rest him on that awful pitch next weekend. We have the depth so need to.use it every game. Keep everyone fresh and hungry

let hope we learn from last year. But I do feel this team looks more together this term and 100% better bench . This is a must for a long season. That was major difference last year , no one to come on late in game but we do now. Just feels different this year

Also bear in mind we've been to Pittodrie, Parkhead, Easter Road, Livi and Fir Park.

A win next week at Killie and we're in great shape.

This is key. I think there’s also an argument to say it shows how much the mentally challengeds form can have an influence on how we view our own form.

Morelos carried the team first half of last season, thankfully we are not a one man team this season, the squad has more depth and options.

I’m sure i heard on Clyde today that we only dropped 7 points in the first 22 games last season.

That’s tremendous form, but we all know what followed that.

We need to just remain focussed and keep quietly going about our business.

3 points next week at a venue we usually always fûck up at will be massive for us.

Today for me showed how we have learned on how to beat a low block -parked bus, the front 4 all moved the Livi back 5-6 around so much that they couldn’t stay in their normal formation & block us out. Big test next week v killie will tell us imo how our season will shape up against the low block-parked bus teams.

We have improved. That’s without a doubt.

What’s also quite clear is how Celtic have regressed.

Their three big signings (Barkas, Duffy, Ajeti) are no better than what they already had. And they’ve cost them a small fortune.

Lennon is a manager who comes in to a team, is able to rally the boys (i.e get them fired up) and then it all comes tumbling down because the players realise he’s a fruitcake.

The timing of it is perfect, because we are just starting to get our sh it together.

One game at a time, we can do this!
Lennon has NEVER won a league without some outside influences, EVER! This is what convinced me we can do it this season. Even playing field

Bit of a myth here about last season with the suggestion we were scraping through games.

5-0 at home to the Sheep, Hamilton and Hearts. 4-0 up at Ross County. 6-1 against Hibs at Ibrox.

Actually thought we were better to watch at this point last year but I’d agree we look more ‘controlled’ this year plus we’ve a win over Celtic in the bank.
Agree last year we started the season at a powerful pace teams simply couldn't live with the energy and high press but then form started to dip Novemeber, December we were still getting results but it was becoming more of a grind. This year feels totally different, there seems to be a maturity about the team this year and we are controlling games much better. Lets hope we can carry this right through the entire season for 55. One match at a time though...

The difference is the Tims are going backward and we are going forward. It would be interesting to see their points at this time last year.

What the stats don't reveal is that we barely broke sweat this week and had three comfortable 2-0 wins in big games.

What they DO reveal is that the croppies shipped as many goals today as we have in the league campaign so far.

Back