Defoe’s goal absolute class

In any other week we would be falling over ourselves saying what a brilliant goal that was. We have been spoiled by Roofe's goal on thursday.

Can’t really compare that to Roofe’s goal but it was superb nonetheless. That said, I’d reckon JD as a world class striker would score that more often than not whilst KR will never repeat that unbelievable goal.

The amount of folk going ott in the matchthread before ko was unbelievable.

JD is easily they best finisher we have at the club and I don’t think there is another footballer in Scotland scores that goal today.

It's literally a tap in. But the most exquisite tap in you'll ever see. The ball is outstanding and without breaking his stride he 'taps' it in. Still dont know how TF he does it so easily!!

It's up there with Roofes simply for the technique of it.

Killing the ball stone dead like that is a world class skill in itself
I'll go against the grain and say if it's based on solely the strike then Defoe's is better.

Roofe's goal was special because of the conditions and the fact he skinned 3 players first but the final strike is basically just blasting it as hard as you can in the direction of the goal.

If you’re going to score your 300th goal, you might as well make it one of the best of your career. Congratulations Jermain

Many a striker would try and play the ball down and play it round the keeper but Defoe showed his class with an unbelievable finish.

It was a very cool finish and there genuinely aren't that many strikers around that could have done it. To take the ball on the move like that, from that distance, and cool as you like slot it past the keeper just as it touches the ground would have been very difficult to do.

A lovely goal.

That is two world class goals scored by Rangers in seven days, in fact both goals today would make a global goal scoring recap.

Back