Itten

I’ll go against the grain here and say he needs to improve.

He’s 24, in a new team, learning a different system, new country etc etc, thankfully he’s 24 and he has time on his side.

I’m looking forward to seeing him next season once he has had time to settle in.
Improve on what ? the last time we seen him he scored 2 goals and today he came on and kept the ball really well.

What more are you expecting ?

You are just trying to be controversial for the sake of it !

Hard to get into the game with 15 to go but thought Itten done well. Would also have brought jones on a bit earlier for kent.

Thought he looked really strong in holding the ball up and sharp touches to go along with it. We’re just full of options everywhere.

He's adjusting to our football, it'll take him time. He's got plenty ability and we're in no need of rushing him. He'll be a great singing in time.

Improve on what ? the last time we seen him he scored 2 goals and today he came on and kept the ball really well.

I watch him and he looks awkward. I know it’s only early days, and I’ve no problem if anyone disagrees with me - I just think he needs to improve.

I see Roofe, and IMO his overall play is clearly better. Not because of his goal the other night, but he’s sharper, he’s agile and he looks like a better signing.

Like I said, Itten has time on his side and I’m looking forward to seeing how he gets on after a season under hit belt.

Would like to have seen him a bit earlier today, he looks like he has all the attributes to be decent player for us and I’m sure he will get plenty of game time this season.

I reckon he will be a real player given time. He is showing signs of being a different dynamic to what we have already. Its a difficult one as he probably needs a run of games to show the real player, but given the circumstances this won't happen. Remember Alfredo and a certain Mr McCoist took a bit to get up and running

I thought his control and holdup play was excellent when he came on, it might be hard for him to get a run of games but he has impressed me in the short time we have seen him, a really tidy player with a great attitude.

Hopefully he gets a start soon.

He needs to work on his upper body strength, but the lad looks to have all the necessary technical attributes. I think he will prove a very shrewd signing given time

I watch him and he looks awkward. I know it’s only early days, and I’ve no problem if anyone disagrees with me - I just think he needs to improve.

I see Roofe, and IMO his overall play is clearly better. Not because of his goal the other night, but he’s sharper, he’s agile and he looks like a better signing.

Like I said, Itten has time on his side and I’m looking forward to seeing how he gets on after a season under hit belt.

He was more involed than Roofe when he came on. Thats not a slight on roofe btw.

I’ll go against the grain here and say he needs to improve.

He’s 24, in a new team, learning a different system, new country etc etc, thankfully he’s 24 and he has time on his side.

I’m looking forward to seeing him next season once he has had time to settle in.
Think your 2nd paragraph summed it up tbh.

Some nice touches and hold up play. Needs more match time and time in general to settle

What parts does he need to improve on specifically?

Thought he looked a wee bit sharper when he came on. His hold up play is better every game.

Another young, talented internationally capped player with great potential. I can't see a negative!

He'll play his part this season.

He doesn't look awkward at all ffs, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I feel you are deliberately talking pish to get a reaction.

And whoever compared him to Roofe ?

What parts does he need to improve on specifically?
At the moment I don’t see him being good enough to start as a number 9 for Rangers.

Why? Because whenever I’ve watched him that’s the first thing that comes to my mind. My thoughts are, he’s one we’ll need to coach to become a better player.

I am hopeful that he will improve to be a good signing because like I said he is only 23 and he’s in a different country.

I think when we signed him it was because we thought Morelos was leaving, so that’ll be why his game time is as limited just now, we will probably see the best of Itten next season and so on. I think he will become a top striker for us to be honest, I like a lot of what I see in the big man.

He doesn't look awkward at all ffs, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I feel you are deliberately talking pish to get a reaction.

And whoever compared him to Roofe ?
Why would I talk pish just to get a reaction? I have gave my opinion, and if you disagree why can’t you just put an argument against my opinion instead of calling it shite?

Like I said, right now I don't see him as a player good enough to play week in week out as number 9 for us.

For that reason, he’ll need to be coached properly and he’ll need to improve.

I honestly can’t see how what I’m saying is controversial.

You clearly think he’s good enough right now, I said he needs to improve. That’s fine.

The one thing he doesn't look is awkward. He has a good touch and his movement is impressive.

I thought his control and holdup play was excellent when he came on, it might be hard for him to get a run of games but he has impressed me in the short time we have seen him, a really tidy player with a great attitude.

Hopefully he gets a start soon.
Look forward to seeing more of him but very encouraged so far. Felt he has deserved more game time because I think his link up play is better than Morelos’s.

You are just trying to be controversial for the sake of it !
I like the big man, he has something about him that will see him being a fans favourite.

Back