Lennon job. Runners and riders

celtic-fans-116629463.jpg

Never forget

If we were smart about this we would have a few ‘placemen’ calling every talk show and hitting every opinion column defending Lennon and supporting him.

The longer he stays at the piggery the less chance they have to salvage things. I wouldn’t put it past DD to throw money at the problem and bring in a heavy hitter to sort them out.

The last thing we should be doing is fuelling the fire of discontent
Totally agree with you. If they lose every game right now it might be comedy gold but they might pull the trigger on a replacement while they can still turn it around. We want Popcorn Teeth still there in January.

If we were smart about this we would have a few ‘placemen’ calling every talk show and hitting every opinion column defending Lennon and supporting him.

The longer he stays at the piggery the less chance they have to salvage things. I wouldn’t put it past DD to throw money at the problem and bring in a heavy hitter to sort them out.

The last thing we should be doing is fuelling the fire of discontent
I think covid might work in our favour a bit. With revenues being down, I think Desmond might be less likely to spunk the cash. I could be wrong.

Can they afford to sack Lennon and all his back room staff?

How much does that cost? I have no idea so interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.

They have a huge wage bill.

They spent quite a bit in the summer.

They would need Lennon to walk, and can we see that? I can't.

Dave King said "Celtic will fold like a pack of cards" - Is this it happening right now?
Of course he'd walk.

Like Burns leaving Billy Stark holding the baby as we won NIAR, Lennon isn't going to be the manager who fails to deliver the fake ten.

Really hope they don’t get Eddie howe as I think he’s a top young manger, and possibly not in the near too distant future when gerrard decides to move on I would like to see Eddie how as our next manger.

Reactions: ald
They’ve invested a lot in Gavin Strachan’s earpiece and whoever it is he’s talking/listening to on other end. Can’t afford to sack him too.

I dont think they will sack Lennon at the moment. Still early doors in the season. However if he implodes, which is very likely the pressure he is under, they might have no choice. I dont think thet they would go for O'Neill more likely a younger man like Lambert or Ross.

Just checked their page on the Athletic app. Comments on this are usually a bit more measured and sensible.
Tims on commenting on team structure, tempo, coaching etc. To a man, they all think Lennon should go. Initial suggestions for a replacement? This is where the fun begins.
1. Pochettino
2 .Eddie Howe, actually not a bad shout
3. Big Sam

If Lennon is bagged, who do we think they could entice?
Heard from a Celtic fan last week that liewll was having a meeting with Martin O’Neil... dunno if there is anything to it tho

They hated Strachan last time !

Id hate it if they got Steve Clarke I can't stand the sight of him as it is and he's tactically very good...

Surprised they aren’t putting Rafa’s name forward like last time. Those pikeys have some nerve.

Another budget manager til the end of the season to replace the already in place budget manager.

They are fcking delusional,will be jack Ross,hopefully we will have built a significant lead before lemmon gets the chop

If, and its a big if, lennon is bagged or leaves then who in their right mind would want to be the manager that failed to win the (tainted) 10?

Surprised they aren’t putting Rafa’s name forward like last time. Those pikeys have some nerve.

Another budget manager til the end of the season to replace the already in place budget manager.
Article in the independent the other week about how Rafa wants back to Europe after struggling badly over there. Narrowly avoided relegation and is open to options apparently.

One year left on his £12m per year contract. I doubt dermot desmond is rabid enough to even entertain the notion of Rafa albeit the mentally challenged hordes are convinced he is a realistic candidate.

They hated Strachan last time !

Id hate it if they got Steve Clarke I can't stand the sight of him as it is and he's tactically very good...
Aye, agree Clarke’s a really good manager.

Tbh can’t be ars3d with the ‘p1sh stained’ alky patter on here. He knows exactly what he’s doing - he’s no the best speaker but plenty of people that talk sh1te well and are clueless.
Don’t think he’s a bitter guy, he might bite back now and again but so would I if I was constantly called a jakey.

They won't spend on a manager. Why the f#ck did they even give the gig to unemployable Lennon, after his hushed up exit from Hibs?
I really hope they are fucked big time with the up coming Celtic boys club cases.

I dont think they will sack Lennon at the moment. Still early doors in the season. However if he implodes, which is very likely the pressure he is under, they might have no choice. I dont think thet they would go for O'Neill more likely a younger man like Lambert or Ross.
I agree with that btw. If November is a shit show for them though they’ll go for Jack Ross.

Thay can afford whatever seedy Dermot can afford.

He slapped a 75 grand a week contract down in front of Rodgers. I do have concerns they would push the boat out for a replacement - not going to lie.
I thought the would spend ridiculous amounts in the summer, to in their mind secure 10. Yes they spent but not excessively. Taking us too lightly will be their downfall

I agree with that btw. If November is a shit show for them though they’ll go for Jack Ross.

If they pull the trigger which they will if this form continues they will go for a 'bigger' name than Ross.

The obvious choice when Rogers left was Moyes I honestly have no idea why they didn't push for him he was sitting in the house as well.

Ajeti, Barkas, Duffy - 10-12 Million?

Its the SPL!

Thats spending for sure
It is, I honestly feared they might have really went for it though, maybe the equivalent of when we signed Gazza or laudrup. So maybe a couple of I dunno, 5 to 7 mill players. Thank Christ they didnt

Back