You make your own luck, nothing truer!

Southpaws

In previous seasons teams were scoring against us from their one or two chances in any given game. Yesterday was a prime example of how things have changed, Livingston had two guilt edged chances from which they didn’t score, the filth had possibly two (which they couldn’t get on target) and Standard had two, hit the woodwork with one and miss kicked the other on a skiddy surface.

The difference this season is quite astounding thus far, we rarely concede and our keeper(s) have rarely had a save to make. Barring the Hibs and Livi away games our luck seems to have improved with our better shape and more together team ethic...Hence to win titles and trophies once you get that self belief, referees and ill luck tend to pale into insignificance, as they did under Walter.

Has SG finally instilled such into his squad creating the belief and togetherness required to emulate Walters ability to deliver domestic dominance over the filth or is it too early to judge?

Last edited:
Agree,but I think we are"working"harder, when you see us "hunting"and closing down player's when we are out of possession of the ball it's brilliant!
We are not giving the opposition time to think about it!
So I think we are earning our"bits of luck.

In previous seasons teams were scoring against us from their one or two chances in any given game. Yesterday was a prime example of how things have changed, Livingston had two guilt edged chances from which they didn’t score, the filth had possibly two (which they couldn’t get on target) and Standard had two, hit the woodwork with one and miss kicked the other on a skiddy surface.

The difference this season is quite astounding thus far, we rarely concede and our keeper(s) have rarely had a save to make. Barring the Hibs and Livi away games our luck seems to have improved with our better shape and more together team ethic...Hence to win titles and trophies once you get that self belief, referees and ill luck tend to pale into insignificance, as they did under Walter.

Has SG finally instilled such into his squad creating the belief and togetherness required to emulate Walters ability to deliver domestic dominance over the filth? Or is it too early to judge?
Too early to judge Southpaw. One point better off than this time last season, so even better start but we’ve still to prove we now have consistency and can refrain for collapsing in the middle.

As much as I’d love to say it’s all over, we’re only a quarter of the way through. Last season should keep us all grounded.
Correct, some are getting way ahead of themselves. I will celebrate when it is mathematically impossible to be caught.

Something seems different about this team, but we've been kicked in the teeth too often since 2012 to get carried away.

There is no doubt while we are playing well we are getting breaks at the right time as well, Ross County had 2 great chances to score and missed, They had a chance last week to equalise and lobbed it over the bar, Liege hit the bar and in the last minute the ball went under the guys foot when he might have scored, Livi hit the post yesterday, all let offs for us that wont always happen every week.

There is no doubt while we are playing well we are getting breaks at the right time as well, Ross County had 2 great chances to score and missed, They had a chance last week to equalise and lobbed it over the bar, Liege hit the bar and in the last minute the ball went under the guys foot when he might have scored, Livi hit the post yesterday, all let offs for us that wont always happen every week.

The difference between this year and last for me is we are capitalising on errors a lot better, when someone misses a chance we make them pay

The difference between this year and last for me is we are capitalising on errors a lot better, when someone misses a chance we make them pay
That's fine but let's wait till the week we can't find away through, then we go one down that's when we get the answers to us going onto win this league.

I think we just have to take it as it comes, the signs are good this year - they were good last year too.

We have to try and not get too carried away, at the same time we shouldn't panic when we drop points.

Back