Lennon job. Runners and riders

B. Gives them another game to play while we will be playing in the league.

If they make the final its the 20th December - so their away game vs Livi gets pulled.

There isn't much (any) opportunity for them to play these two games until 2021.

We will have played 2 games more than them at the next OF game - that could be a 9 point gap (or more or less..)

No way he is getting sacked. As much as they’ve had a bad week- I don’t think the wheels are off the cart for them yet.
Lost an Old Firm game (which are basically 50/50 shots anytime)
Lost against AC Milan in Europe
Drew in one of the toughest away fixtures in the league.
I’m loving their pain, but it’s hardly disaster material just yet.
I hope it might be the catalyst for their season coming off the rails right enough.

They lost to Ferencvaros

They struggled against very average European opponents to qualify for Europa League

They have struggled in most games lately and were unbelievably lucky against St Johnstone

They have only really turned up against Hibs this season

There is obviously unrest there among the players. He’s openly questioned the players commitment.

After Old Firm game he complained he had players missing . Not exactly encouraging for the squad players playing that day.

Paid £3 million for Bolingoli, paid £3 million for Taylor and the current left back is a loanee. Paid £3 million for Turnbull but he can’t get a game in an injury ravaged team!

He’s in the press complaining players are not fit. Ffs he’s the manager and he can’t get players fit!!

He gets an easy ride here because he’s Lenny the victim!! He gets an easy ride from many as he has been up against little threat domestically. He gets an easy ride as he’s a Republican bigot.

King was spot on. It’s a House of Cards and we are witnessing the collapse! No Champions League money (again) No one wanted any of their sellable assets. They have a huge wage bill paying players who simply don’t want to be there.

If we can win 55 this season they will have a very difficult, borderline impossible, route to Champions League. Court cases will be reaching there conclusion. If they weren’t terrorist loving peado harbouring Irish Republican scum bastards you could almost feel sorry for them

Stop all this "Lennon's replacement" shite. Don't give it legs.
We want the ugly obnoxious little gimp to be at The Knew Camp causing damage and dismay for months to come.

Howe is in the same mould as Warburton
Welded to one system with no plan B.
Slightly better than Warburton but he won’t be what they need.

Hope they keep Lennon for a few more games

The SC semi final and the tough away league games they face in the next few games

Surely the Sheep get confidence from yesterday for the SC next week.

If they can drop more points in the league that would help our chances of winning this season

I cannot see Eddie Howe wanting to take on this challenge but it will cost Lieswell big wages if they do go for him

Yeah they'd be given a caretaker role. Tbh, I don't even think Lennon is close to the sack. Yet.

They will string Lawwell up if we win the title this season.
If he loses the Scottish Cup and we pull away in front by double digits then I think Lawwell will panic and get rid of him.

I dont think they will sack him unless they kep dropping points. I think Howe would be interested, as he has had to manage a tiny club with no chance of winning anything and he would with them.

Wibble will be the man that japseye will want to save them, as well as keep the alky bigot. They need the mentally challenged connection, the full blown faux republican feeling in order to rouse their honking support.
let’s deal with the reality here, just about every manager they’ve had is “shellick minded” apart from Wim Jansen, and this is their mythical “10”, even though that’s not true at all, but we will play the game. There’s no way in hell they will entrust some country bumpkin from the south coast with trying to win something that never been won before (there’s reasons for that).
They will carry on with the faux Irishisms for now, because that’s what the scum do.

The alky bigot won’t be sacked, not yet at least.
You’ve got to bear in mind, the days of the biscuit tin are slowly creeping back in, the days of the dynasty are coming back. The Timmy paranoia of the 90s is well and truly among us, and rangers are on the ascendancy, so why not enjoy it. I’m certainly enjoying watching these scum have the most almighty fall from grace, it’s going to be glorious when they scud off the ground.

They're a shambles, they conceded 3 goals in one game yesterday, we've conceded 3 in 12 this season!

They go on about the importance of this season yet their manager, one quarter way through the season, doesn't know his best formation! He's just trying stuff hoping they stumble upon something that works.

Long way to go in the season but right now it's f*cking tremendous to see.

No way he is getting sacked. As much as they’ve had a bad week- I don’t think the wheels are off the cart for them yet.
I hope it might be the catalyst for their season coming off the rails right enough.

This, they are having a wobble at the moment, next couple of games with bad results and that might turn into a full blown crisis. No mater what, it is good to look down on from the top of the league.

They are not an attractive job at the moment for anyone.

Any manager that comes in is at risk of being seen as the guy that blew their "10IAR". Lennon's also just blown £35m over the last three windows so it's highly unlikely they'll be throwing more cash at it, particularly with the wage bill they have and a third season without the Champions League. Their biggest sellable assets (Edouard, Ajer, Christie, Ntcham) all have just 18 months to run on their contracts come January so they'll be under pressure to sell.

On top of that Rangers are on the ascendancy and if we win this title, their fans will go nuclear and we also have a crack at the Champions League.
And there‘s also a particularly horrendous scandal developing there that they‘re struggling to keep covered up.

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised, genuinely, that so many of them think this 10 is an actual achievement worth slash and burn tactics for. It's nice but 180 degrees from their proper 9 or ours in 90s.

Tim at work is confident that Lennon will be sacked today. No idea what his source is, didn't care enough to ask.

Lennon will get more time to sort his mess out,hopefully to the end of the seaso.
Looking forward to him explaining how they did not manage to achieve the mystical 9.75.
And who will he blame for that?
He knows that once the scum job ends he's pretty much unemployable (Alloa aside) and will perhaps GTF out of Scotland

We can only hope the Sheep beat them in the Cup Semi this coming Sunday.

We need to be at our best to beat Kilmarnock that day, we could be 9 points ahead (all be it with them having then played 2 league games less).

Their next domestic 'Home' game isn't until December.

They could crack in that time, especially if they suffer some hefty Euro defeats too.

Nope. We want them to get to the final and have another game rescheduled.

Hibs can beat them in the final.

We need that Mowbray at St Mirren result to bring things to a head. Happy to wait till Feb for that one, ie after the next transfer window.

If he loses the Scottish Cup and we pull away in front by double digits then I think Lawwell will panic and get rid of him.

This is definitely the most likely scenario.

An old firm loss, getting beat off Milan and drawing with Aberdeen isn't 'that' bad in the context of a season, certainly not worthy of sacking a manager. A lot of them seem to want him gone though.

He's a decent coach. It took him a few years to build Bournemouth up and last season he ran out of ideas of how to reverse their slump, poor guy looked like a broken man under the stress. Would be want to come up here and deal with the crackpots screaming at him when things don't go to plan?

They are stuck with Lennon because no decent candidate touches the job this season with a barge poll. Anyone with any sense won't want remembered as the chump that failed to win the "10".

This is what I fear. They get in another young progressive manager like Brenda and challenge again.
However, I don’t think it will be until Jan at the earliest.
If we win the New Year game, Lurgan Flopp may well be gone.

Eddie Howe where do you start with this one.

He will cost a heavy salary to get him here, and lets face it. They managed to persuade Rodgers to come up to Glasgow, then they could get him to come for the right money. Question is can they afford to pay off Lennon, and then pay for him and his background staff.

He did a reasonable job with Bournemouth, but had a torrid time with Burnley. I believe Burnley took a massive hit on their wages bringing him and his background staff in. Rumour around Burnley was he even wanted rid of background staff that had been with the club for years to get his own family and friends in to jobs that you don't normally touch.
When the expectation level lifted at Bournemouth he couldn't make the step up as a coach, but their fans will forever love him for taking the club up to the level they did.

He did have a lot of money to spend at the club, there wasn't too many success stories with some of the big signings on big wages. Will he get that now that they haven't had CL money for a few years.

He was touted to be the next Arsenal manager but he was never offered the job and has never really been offered any of the bigger jobs in the EPL, Everton, Newcastle and so on. All bigger jobs that Bournemouth.

His style of play has been decent at times but mainly against some of the clubs that would attack or be expected to attack his teams. Could he adapt to trying to play against the lack of space and defensive methods you get in Scotland.

I reckon they as in their fans are just throwing names against the wall now more in hope that the board throw the money at what they are demanding as they are shitting themselves. Their board with only react if the pressure becomes too much and Liewell needs to divert the narrative away from himself.

The Eddie Howe who got homesick at Burnley as it was to far north for him....
I’d never heard this homesick story about Eddie Howe until this morning and I’ve now read it 4 times on here. Is there any basis to this or are people just repeating something someone else said as though it’s fact?

I Googled why he left Burnley and he said it was because his mother died. He did spend almost 2 years as Burnley manager, so it’s not as though he rushed home after a couple of months.

To sack a manager with his points return in the league over the past year is completely mental. Has he not only dropped about 7 points or something since January? They are stuck between a rock and a hard place as either choice could go catastrophically wrong, but the sense of urgency and pressure for the '10' means they are likely to make a huge knee jerk reaction.

This faux 10 thing they've invented has really addled the brains of the ravening hordes. Not that they weren't addled enough already.

Btw, can I just point out that they are six points behind us.

The way they are playing right now, no single game is a gimme for them, and considering their game in hand is against the latest team that's taken points off them it's a little presumptuous to think they just need to turn up.

We've also got a very healthy lead in the GD column too, which everyone on here was losing their shit about last month.

Come on, should Lennon be sacked we all know there’s only one man for the job...

nintchdbpict000302279810-e1488326357281.jpg

Back