Kris Commons gives Shane Duffy a Celtic pasting as 'rank rotten' defender told he's not in Efe Ambrose's league

BlueMeanie

The 28-year-old's nightmare loan continued on Sunday as he was badly at fault for Aberdeen's second goal in the thrilling 3-3 draw at Pittodrie.

Disappointed Kris Commons has ripped Shane Duffy to shreds and told the toiling defender he's no Efe Ambrose.
The 28-year-old's nightmare Celtic loan continued on Sunday as he was badly at fault for Aberdeen's second goal in the thrilling 3-3 draw at Pittodrie.
Duffy fronted up before the game but his latest slapstick display has supporters worried with the Hoops in desperate need of a win after defeats to Milan and Rangers.
His gaffes have led to comparisons with former Lennon stalwart Ambrose, who himself endured some high-profile errors in green and white.

But Commons reckons any comparison between Duffy and the former Nigeria international are well wide of the mark.
Speaking to the Daily Mail. he said: "Duffy just looks like an accident waiting to happen. A bomb scare and that's a criticism which used to be levelled at my old teammate Efe Ambrose.

"But I tell you what. On current form, I'd take Efe over Duffy all day long.

"He could be outstanding on his day, like he was in the Champions League victory against Barcelona in 2012.
"Yeah, okay, he took too many chances and sometimes made supporters nervous. But at least with Efe you knew there was a player in there.
"He was quick, had great recovery pace, great athleticism and he could bring the ball out from the back.

"I've not seen any of that yet from Duffy. He's been rank rotten from the minute he walked through the door.
"Listen, he's a proven operator in the English Premier League. At 28 years old, there's still a chance that he might come good eventually.
"But he needs to get himself up to speed and sharpish. With so much riding on this season, Celtic can't afford to be carrying any passengers."

And Commons reckons yesterday's high drama in the closing stages at Pittdorie means his former boss Neil Lennon will be acutely aware that the next week could lead to some uncomfortable questions.
The Hoops face Lille on Thursday in the Europa League before a return clash with Aberdeen in next weekend's rearranged Scottish Cup semi-final.
Commons added: "If Celtic end up getting turned over in those two games, I genuinely feel Lennon will be in serious danger of losing his job this time next week.
"Deep down, he will probably know that himself. If avoiding defeat yesterday managed to stave off a full-blown crisis, he will know he's not out of the woods yet.
"He's still under major pressure in this season where, in the eyes of Celtic supporters, every single dropped point merits at least a government inquiry.
"What would help Lennon's cause, mind you, is if his star centre-back started doing what was asked of him."

They have a bit of a dilemma with this lump now.

A big loan fee and huge wages to bring him up here and “guarantee the 10” as they all told us at the time. He’s now costing them goals on an almost weekly basis.

Let’s just hope TLB continues to stick with him.

Something is up when their media placemen are making comments like this.
Agree mate. My prediction is in the next couple weeks there will be talk of him going back to Brighton in January. Some made up story that Brighton are desperate to have him back.

this the same Ambrose that got roasted off Hagi and Defoe yesterday and hooked at half time?!

That Ambrose?!
Yup, that's the guy! Commons is comparing Duffy with Ambrose during his celtc days, but the fact is, Duffy is even worse than the current Ambrose.

The big carthorse looks like giving away at least one goal in every game, he must be one of the worst defenders in the league on current form.

The 28-year-old's nightmare loan continued on Sunday as he was badly at fault for Aberdeen's second goal in the thrilling 3-3 draw at Pittodrie.

Disappointed Kris Commons has ripped Shane Duffy to shreds and told the toiling defender he's no Efe Ambrose.
The 28-year-old's nightmare Celtic loan continued on Sunday as he was badly at fault for Aberdeen's second goal in the thrilling 3-3 draw at Pittodrie.
Duffy fronted up before the game but his latest slapstick display has supporters worried with the Hoops in desperate need of a win after defeats to Milan and Rangers.
His gaffes have led to comparisons with former Lennon stalwart Ambrose, who himself endured some high-profile errors in green and white.

But Commons reckons any comparison between Duffy and the former Nigeria international are well wide of the mark.
Speaking to the Daily Mail. he said: "Duffy just looks like an accident waiting to happen. A bomb scare and that's a criticism which used to be levelled at my old teammate Efe Ambrose.

"But I tell you what. On current form, I'd take Efe over Duffy all day long.

"He could be outstanding on his day, like he was in the Champions League victory against Barcelona in 2012.
"Yeah, okay, he took too many chances and sometimes made supporters nervous. But at least with Efe you knew there was a player in there.
"He was quick, had great recovery pace, great athleticism and he could bring the ball out from the back.

"I've not seen any of that yet from Duffy. He's been rank rotten from the minute he walked through the door.
"Listen, he's a proven operator in the English Premier League. At 28 years old, there's still a chance that he might come good eventually.
"But he needs to get himself up to speed and sharpish. With so much riding on this season, Celtic can't afford to be carrying any passengers."

And Commons reckons yesterday's high drama in the closing stages at Pittdorie means his former boss Neil Lennon will be acutely aware that the next week could lead to some uncomfortable questions.
The Hoops face Lille on Thursday in the Europa League before a return clash with Aberdeen in next weekend's rearranged Scottish Cup semi-final.
Commons added: "If Celtic end up getting turned over in those two games, I genuinely feel Lennon will be in serious danger of losing his job this time next week.
"Deep down, he will probably know that himself. If avoiding defeat yesterday managed to stave off a full-blown crisis, he will know he's not out of the woods yet.
"He's still under major pressure in this season where, in the eyes of Celtic supporters, every single dropped point merits at least a government inquiry.
"What would help Lennon's cause, mind you, is if his star centre-back started doing what was asked of him."

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of rags who are desperately willing to give a platform to ex mentally challenged players to vent what are basically the prevalent views of the unwashed hordes.

C4Fy7-MUMAANuy3

Hold on a minute. The media were telling us that the Peasants had signed the new Baresi not so long ago. We said he was a carthorse.

They're not in a good place with Duffy. Drop him and bring Juliette back? More goals leaking as far as I can see. Against most teams, it won't matter as they generally don't have much of a go against the scum. But this definitely makes them more likely to drop points more regularly than they have in the last few seasons.

I didn’t realise he was 28!

Assumed he was over 30 and in twilight of career mode.

Been giving him too much credit.

Circling the wagons around Lennon.
I’m guessing Lennon sanctioned the Duffy signing.? And still continues to play him.
Isn’t that’s Lennon’s responsibility.?

Why was Commons dropped from Sky?

Was it because he was actually critical of them at times? Mind there was a thread on here saying fat Peter was badgering sky to appoint the failed trialist.

Back