Lennon job. Runners and riders

I don't Lennon will be away just yet, wouldn't be in the slightest bit bothered if Howe was their next manager.

Totally different game up here, he'd crumble under the pressure IMO

We can only hope the Sheep beat them in the Cup Semi this coming Sunday.

We need to be at our best to beat Kilmarnock that day, we could be 9 points ahead (all be it with them having then played 2 league games less).

Their next domestic 'Home' game isn't until December.

They could crack in that time, especially if they suffer some hefty Euro defeats too.

Usually wouldn’t ever consider a sheep win possible. After this weekend I believe that’s now 1 win for sheep in last 21 encounters, but they have to fancy it after Sunday, and with it being a cup fixture it could happen. Would love to see it continue to unravel, the kerryfail threads in the last week have been excellent.

Its a conflicting mix of short and long term on their part. They've been complaining about Lennon's lack of long term planning and strategy since he came in, so every time they lose to us or get pumped out of Europe they go tonto.

But when they turn it around in the league, the vast majority are happy and stop complaining.... until it all happens again the following season.

Fickle football fans eh? Who'd have thunk it.

Surely any normal decent man would not want to work at that club. In a couple of weeks they will again be the only British club to refuse to wear poppies. They will soon be exposed for their cover up of children being raped at their club for possibly 45 years. Don't think they will get rid of the woman threatening, sectarian bigot at the moment. When they do he will have to be replaced with the same type of human being. Celtic supporting terrorist loving and quite happy to ignore csa . Not that many out there but they'll find one.

Speaking to a few of them at work and there all saying lennon in for meeting today. Hoping he gets sacked n replaced by Eddie Howe . Haha panic stations now .Turning on the board,manager and players haha
I want Holly Willoughby but it ain't gonna happen

Howe would be a good appointment, but who would want to risk being the man that didn't deliver "10"? Poison chalice this season for anyone coming in and not succeeding.

That is the common sense view.

Eddie Howe is highly regarded in England, his name was even being mentioned tentatively as a future manager of the England team.

For him to take the job at celtic would be a major risk to his progress and his career, if he didn't win the league this season as the humphies and the press would crucify the man.

If lemon has to be replaced I think they'll look at getting someone like a Strachan who it won't be such a big issue for the guys career if they don't win.

Difficult week coming up for them. Playing Lille on Thursday. Does Lennon forfeit tie by playing weaker team (with chance of a thrashing) to save players for Cup or go strong v Lille and have tired players ?

Given the high number of loan players they have I wonder if they had an idea to win the "10" then reset - ditch Lurgan, the loans and sell off the assets with a year left on their contract - e.g. Eduoard.

Bring in a new manager and have a deep clean.

May well still happen - after an interim replacement - MON is free ...

I'd be absolutely delighted if he was the best they could come up with.

Last time they appointed an 'young' English manager with a reputation for playing football "the right way" but got relegated was Tony Mowbray.

Have at it Timothy.

Howe isn't going near the job. He was homesick at Burnley never mind up here.

He's also an extremely over rated manager in any sense.

Given the high number of loan players they have I wonder if they had an idea to win the "10" then reset - ditch Lurgan, the loans and sell off the assets with a year left on their contract - e.g. Eduoard.

Bring in a new manager and have a deep clean.

May well still happen - after an interim replacement - MON is free ...

Yep, I'm absolutely convinced no matter the outcome of this season that Lennon won't be there next year.

Wins the tainted 10 and goes out a hero, loses it and they'll chase him down the Gallowgate baying for his blood.

Either way he's not there next season. I think they'll reset and go for a high profile name. No way are they risking going up against an ever improving Rangers under Gerrard with John Kennedy or Jack Ross.

Wanting a manager binned by disgruntled fans after a draw.
In reality no different to some of our fans who have posted on this thread who wanted SG gone after a draw at Livvy.
As long as Rangers go about our business professionally I don’t give a damn what they do.

Was working Saturday night and a couple of the sub contractors, who were celtic fans were talking about lennon, one was telling the other " if celtic drop more points the day and fall further behind Rangers lawwell is getting lennon in Monday morning to sack him and will bring in Eddie howe to replace him" dont know how he knew this right enough :D

They lost to Ferencvaros

They struggled against very average European opponents to qualify for Europa League

They have struggled in most games lately and were unbelievably lucky against St Johnstone

They have only really turned up against Hibs this season

There is obviously unrest there among the players. He’s openly questioned the players commitment.

After Old Firm game he complained he had players missing . Not exactly encouraging for the squad players playing that day.

Paid £3 million for Bolingoli, paid £3 million for Taylor and the current left back is a loanee. Paid £3 million for Turnbull but he can’t get a game in an injury ravaged team!

He’s in the press complaining players are not fit. Ffs he’s the manager and he can’t get players fit!!

He gets an easy ride here because he’s Lenny the victim!! He gets an easy ride from many as he has been up against little threat domestically. He gets an easy ride as he’s a Republican bigot.

King was spot on. It’s a House of Cards and we are witnessing the collapse! No Champions League money (again) No one wanted any of their sellable assets. They have a huge wage bill paying players who simply don’t want to be there.

If we can win 55 this season they will have a very difficult, borderline impossible, route to Champions League. Court cases will be reaching there conclusion. If they weren’t terrorist loving peado harbouring Irish Republican scum bastards you could almost feel sorry for them
Not forgetting 3.5 million on that polish striker.

Was working Saturday night and a couple of the sub contractors, who were celtic fans were talking about lennon, one was telling the other " if celtic drop more points the day and fall further behind Rangers lawwell is getting lennon in Monday morning to sack him and will bring in Eddie howe to replace him" dont know how he knew this right enough :D

That's exactly what the OP says... so it must be true! :))

They can’t sack him FFS, not on results any way!
They are 3 points behind allowing for the game in hand - it’s hardly end of the world stuff

They are not an attractive job at the moment for anyone.

Any manager that comes in is at risk of being seen as the guy that blew their "10IAR". Lennon's also just blown £35m over the last three windows so it's highly unlikely they'll be throwing more cash at it, particularly with the wage bill they have and a third season without the Champions League. Their biggest sellable assets (Edouard, Ajer, Christie, Ntcham) all have just 18 months to run on their contracts come January so they'll be under pressure to sell.

On top of that Rangers are on the ascendancy and if we win this title, their fans will go nuclear and we also have a crack at the Champions League.
If you were a true neutral manager with no allegiance to either of us, I guess you might look at it as a free hit? The team are a shambles atm, behind in the league, out of the Champions league, performing poorly and you don’t even have the summer transfer window to buy players and implement a style. Gerrard has had two years to build this team. That gives a neutral manager (who doesn’t really car about a so called ‘10’) a lot of scope to blame Lennon if things go wrong.

On the ‘positive’ side you would look at the fact they are probably actually only 3 points behind, with two thirds of a season to go and the respective massive wage budgets advantage. You potentially have a chance to win silverware early without even having to play us. With their financial advantage most managers would think that their team are surely better than they are performing and if they could get them playing well they are possibly still favourites. That might convince someone, blind to how important their fans view this tainted 9.75, to take the job.

Would be amazed if Lennon was sacked this week. No chance really.

For him to go before Xmas, I think they will have to be behind by a decent margin (say 8 points) before changing things.

Howe is sitting waiting on an EPL job. The only way they would get a "big name" (or EPL level managers with ok track record) is if timing is right and there is a personal connection to celtic (ie a fan). Basically like the Rodgers situation

Far more likely that O'Neil is the one waiting in the wings

Howe ... no chance.

Stevie Clarke ... would he honestly take the dhim's job? He looked as if he was cracking under the pressure at Killie and the part time Scotland gig was a dream ticket.

Jack Ross ... theoretically a good appointment for them but he's not stupid enough to up sticks in their tainted 10 season. He's looking to re-build a reputation after Sunderland, not chuck it under a bus with the dhims.

If dhims bullet the tlb (I don't think they will having been allowed to spunk £22M on their squad), they will promote internally or bring in the astonishingly brilliant one.

Eddie Howe where do you start with this one.

He will cost a heavy salary to get him here, and lets face it. They managed to persuade Rodgers to come up to Glasgow, then they could get him to come for the right money. Question is can they afford to pay off Lennon, and then pay for him and his background staff.

He did a reasonable job with Bournemouth, but had a torrid time with Burnley. I believe Burnley took a massive hit on their wages bringing him and his background staff in. Rumour around Burnley was he even wanted rid of background staff that had been with the club for years to get his own family and friends in to jobs that you don't normally touch.
When the expectation level lifted at Bournemouth he couldn't make the step up as a coach, but their fans will forever love him for taking the club up to the level they did.

He did have a lot of money to spend at the club, there wasn't too many success stories with some of the big signings on big wages. Will he get that now that they haven't had CL money for a few years.

He was touted to be the next Arsenal manager but he was never offered the job and has never really been offered any of the bigger jobs in the EPL, Everton, Newcastle and so on. All bigger jobs that Bournemouth.

His style of play has been decent at times but mainly against some of the clubs that would attack or be expected to attack his teams. Could he adapt to trying to play against the lack of space and defensive methods you get in Scotland.

I reckon they as in their fans are just throwing names against the wall now more in hope that the board throw the money at what they are demanding as they are shitting themselves. Their board with only react if the pressure becomes too much and Liewell needs to divert the narrative away from himself.

He ruined the youth system by binning the local scouts off and you're right about him bringing loads of his own pals in.
He could pick a player though and he made some good signings whilst here, defensively suspect and had a family issue which meant he needed to go home, to be honest the fans were ready for him to leave before he left.

I can see the going for Jack Ross. At first I'm not sure if that's anything to worry about but I remember we got McCleish from Hibs and see what happened there.

I reckon Lennon would already be gone if we had won the 3 points at Easter Road. This would have us already 8 in front with chance of 11 in front so early in the season with a win at Rugby Park next week. Their Board would not allow him to continue.

They're only, most likely, 3 points behind. Why would theh sack him?

His record in Europe is no worse than any of his previous ones so that wont come into it

If the mentally challengeds pay what the payed BR then they may attract a decent manager, but I don’t see Lennon sacked until it hits destruct button.
They were getting unlimited free hits at the CL so could afford to pay Rogers. Now after a few years without CL money and the looming court cases, there's not a chance in hell they could afford anyone similar.

I can see the going for Jack Ross. At first I'm not sure if that's anything to worry about but I remember we got McCleish from Hibs and see what happened there.
His record in Scottish football is very good (though small sample) took over a Hibs side with 2 wins in 12 league matches then has proceeded to have a 54% win ratio (better than McLeish has with them). This season their only defeats have been at Parkhead and against Aberdeen, plus they managed to score twice and take a point against us!

All this noise from the other side of the City it is so funny but we are only a net 3pts ahead, no silverware yet. I am looking to our results and performances and enjoying it not theirs.

Will be happy seeing them implode at end of season if we win the league. Gave them a five league start, and 9 point start for the next 2 leagues with Warbs and Pedro if I am honest. If they can't win 10IAR with a start like that then they really are a bunch of incompetents!

All this noise from the other side of the City it is so funny but we are only a net 3pts ahead, no silverware yet. I am looking to our results and performances and enjoying it not theirs.

Will be happy seeing them implode at end of season if we win the league. Gave them a five league start, and 9 point start for the next 2 leagues with Warbs and Pedro if I am honest. If they can't win 10IAR with a start like that then they really are a bunch of incompetents!

The gap isn't big but its the direction of travel - crossover has occurred and they see no signs of bad luck or refereeing conspiracy.

They really are a deluded bunch of fucking idiots.

Some c^nt on twitter was saying he wanted roberto martinez and maloney for the job.

Its a poisoned chalice no decent self respecting manager is taking that job on.

Back