Kerryfail, Sunday edition.

Someone on Kerrydale Street has written:
6:55 PM - Today#88
My wife has noticed a change in me since last Sunday. She’s right of course. She wants remove the fireplace from the living room. I don’t. She’s says I’m being stubborn and argumentative for the sake of it. The truth is my football team are in turmoil, dropping points, letting in goals and playing pish. That’s what’s wrong with me. I couldn’t give an eff about the fireplace. I guess what I’m trying to say is this is affecting us all deeply. I want ten. I want it more than anything and I’m getting really concerned we are blowing it.

Perhaps she's worried he will do something to himself?

Might set himself on fire.

100% agreed with this and cannot understand why anyone would want them to go on a cataclysmic run of results that would see them make the change.

we saw what they did last time round when Desmond was embarrassed by us in the cup semi final, when they went out and put a £75,000 a week contract down in front of Rodgers.

I am absolutely dreading them making a change as I could honestly see them accepting financial ruin to reach the milestone of 10 in a row that they have convinced themselves is valid. I really do see them pushing the boat out again to make it happen if they consider us to be a viable threat. For that very reason I'd prefer them to limp on under the false impression that it will ultimately be OK by which point, hopefully, it will be too late.

next season they can do whatever the fuck they want, but while we have this chance i dont want them doing anything that could change that.

They have definitely banked on us bottling it as per the last two seasons. Their recruitment policy this year and the persistence with lemon tell me that.

There's no doubt in my mind at all people will be sounded out over the coming days about potentially taking over the mess they find themselves in. That's the stage they are at. Alarm bells are ringing loud and clear now and that's why I agree it's probably better for us long term if they were to pick up a couple of good results to appease the screaming hoards.
Fundamentally those deep flaws in their camp will still be there for us to exploit.
A Change now brings a fresh impetus to them and we do not want that. Over and above all the various scenarios though, this Rangers team keeps developing as is then septic's next move will be entirely irrelevant...... which is nice.

This Ajeti guy they paid 5 million for does absolutely nothing in a game, he seems to finish well in the box but that's all he does and he is a fat waster aswell who still isn't fit.

When we win this league they are going to be left with a pish group of players they have paid a fortune for and I could see us going on and winning a good few titles in a row and I will never tire of getting it up them.

They showed no class or humility when bullying championship players we had in our team so ill never tire of getting it right up everyone of them for years to come.

This Ajeti guy they paid 5 million for does absolutely nothing in a game, he seems to finish well in the box but that's all he does and he is a fat waster aswell who still isn't fit.

When we win this league they are going to be left with a pish group of players they have paid a fortune for and I could see us going on and winning a good few titles in a row and I will never tire of getting it up them.

They showed no class or humility when bullying championship players we had in our team so ill never tire of getting it right up everyone of them for years to come.
I've nothing but contempt for them :)

He was giving Lennon abuse when he was subbed in the Milan game. Lennon was trying to calm him but he was having none of it. Lennon had a bit of an "oh shit" look on his face.

They have definitely banked on us bottling it as per the last two seasons. Their recruitment policy this year and the persistence with lemon tell me that.

There's no doubt in my mind at all people will be sounded out over the coming days about potentially taking over the mess they find themselves in. That's the stage they are at. Alarm bells are ringing loud and clear now and that's why I agree it's probably better for us long term if they were to pick up a couple of good results to appease the screaming hoards.
Fundamentally those deep flaws in their camp will still be there for us to exploit.
A Change now brings a fresh impetus to them and we do not want that. Over and above all the various scenarios though, this Rangers team keeps developing as is then septic's next move will be entirely irrelevant...... which is nice.
Thing is mate, if we look after our own business there’s only 9 remaining points a new manager can directly influence re taking it into their own hands. Lennon has shown he can beat everyone else on a regular basis - are they really going to spend a fortune on a new management team to replicate that? I think it will be down to Lawwell’s dark arts to truly influence the title race, football wise we have a march on them.

Can’t agree at all.

1. We need to keep winning

2. We need them to keep dropping points

3. If they sack him it may be bad for us if they bring in an experienced manager like O’Neil

4. I want them pumped every game as it helps to demoralise them

It’s been a good week, but that’s all it’s been.

I keep seeing the “fold like a pack of cards” chat. This will only be true if we keep winning and don’t drop points ourselves.

We’ve dealt them a good kick, but there’s still a long way to go
Stop it, you’ll be accused of gloom and doom soon.........despite being spot on!

Can’t agree at all.

3. If they sack him it may be bad for us if they bring in an experienced manager like O’Neil

Fair enough bud you are allowed your opinion however im not sure we are too far apart.

A change now brings them a fresh impetus (we don't want that) like as you say an "O Neil" or the like. So it seems we are in agreement there.

Secondly I finished my post by saying we keep performing as is ("keep winning") then their next move is irrelevant.

Imho the status quo at c****c (lemon stays) ensures we win this years title because he doesn't posess the wherewithal to prevent us from doing so.

Thing is mate, if we look after our own business there’s only 9 remaining points a new manager can directly influence re taking it into their own hands. Lennon has shown he can beat everyone else on a regular basis - are they really going to spend a fortune on a new management team to replicate that? I think it will be down to Lawwell’s dark arts to truly influence the title race, football wise we have a march on them.

Yep I get where you are coming from however the clammer for change will only intensify for those in charge at torbet towers wait and see. I want the ginger Nosferatu to remain in place at least until we are out of sight.

Can’t agree at all.

Feel like I've said it for every game this season, but Sunday is absolutely massive. If we can hold our nerve and play as we can, I will believe we have the balls to do it. A fairly tough away match and a chance to lay down a marker and go 9 ahead. Fantastic opportunity.

After 8 days from hell we move on to Lille which will be a really tough test. No idea if we go full strength, 2nd string or a mix of both. We really need at least a point here if we want to have a chance of European football after Christmas. I would go 4-4-1-1 for this one.

How delusion are these mhanks?? They reckon a 2nd string team against Lille will be good enough for a point! the muppet goes on to name a sh!te team and predict a 2-2 result. I reckon theyre taking a 4 or 5 nil doing tonight

After 8 days from hell we move on to Lille which will be a really tough test. No idea if we go full strength, 2nd string or a mix of both. We really need at least a point here if we want to have a chance of European football after Christmas. I would go 4-4-1-1 for this one.

How delusion are these mhanks?? They reckon a 2nd string team against Lille will be good enough for a point! the muppet goes on to name a sh!te team and predict a 2-2 result. I reckon theyre taking a 4 or 5 nil doing tonight
I don’t think there’s a team in Europe right now who can afford to turn their nose up at 500,000 euros, so hopefully no repeat of Lazio’s insipid efforts last season. Should be at least -2 Lille on the handicap.

It’s been a good week, but that’s all it’s been.

I keep seeing the “fold like a pack of cards” chat. This will only be true if we keep winning and don’t drop points ourselves.

We’ve dealt them a good kick, but there’s still a long way to go

Agreed. The pack of cards quote referred to their finances and the need to have champions league income or sell a player every season to make finances balance. Miss that for a couple of seasons and the model falls. That is where they are now.

While a bit of gloating is nice and expected given the years of shot we have taken we have one nothing yet.

I think btts probably 3-2 Lillie

This has always been their downfall, focus on Rangers rather than their own sordid team

Back