Bongani Zungu Recalled By South Africa For Upcoming AFCON Qualifiers .

Well done to him another International in our ranks when are their games?
He was already their best player, he fell out with the manager in the past and stopped getting capped because of it.

He should tell them no at this point, he needs to focus on getting his career with us going.

He was already their best player, he fell out with the manager in the past and stopped getting capped because of it.

He should tell them no at this point, he needs to focus on getting his career with us going.
At the end of the day we want Rangers players performing well on the international stage as it will increase his value and tbh he could be doing with the game time

Well that’s annoying! Good job we’re doing ok right now.

These internationals at this time are ridiculous.

He’s no even kicked a ball for us mate couldn’t care less about his value we need him fit for our team now.
Plus with the risks of Covid I hope he tells them to **** off.
You get fit and match sharp by playing games he starts training tomorrow and will likely be eased in and out of the team a 90 minute game or two for the national team will do him the world of good if he gets covid we have the numbers to deal with his absence

I will go against the the grain here, if the international games are on im happy he is going to get game time. Its a risk we can't do anything about with the virus, players will just keep playing and at some point some of our players will get it and we will just have to get on with it.

That article was written in the future! :eek:

We might decide we want him back in isolation.

One for Nick to ask the Doc about.

If we believe their bubble to be less than secure, I’d imagine he won’t take the risk.

Obviously not ideal in regards to the Covid side of things and potential to pick it up over there - but they 2 games may actually help him with match fitness.

Bloody HATE international football. Between exposing the players to injury and other risks, to breaking up the teams rhythm, if nothing else it should be halted for now because of Covid anyway.
Greedy FIFA khunts

Sorry he's jet lagged tae fu@k and hurted his leg tripping up over the carpet and cannae make it. After flying from France tae South Africa and then back to Scotland and quarantining he was too tired and tripped up and hurted his leg, plus he has a bad cough and a trickly throat, signed uncle Steve.

In fairness, it might help get his match fitness up

I'm the same I took it as a positive, was great recently for Jones, Balogun and Hagi to get 90 mins recently when they hadn't been starting for us

Obviously not ideal in regards to the Covid side of things and potential to pick it up over there - but they 2 games may actually help him with match fitness.

Two games against Sao Tome (?), a team who aren't even in the FIFA rankings, is hardly going to do a lot for him in terms of intensity. It's pointless to travel so far to play against a mob who are probably akin to Peterhead in terms of quality.

If it was against decent opposition I could just about understand it, but they don't need him for this game. He'd be better getting settled in Glasgow and doing fitness work with the coaching team.

Much needed game time for him

We can’t ask for the best players them complain that they get selected to play international football

Two games against Sao Tome (?), a team who aren't even in the FIFA rankings, is hardly going to do a lot for him in terms of intensity. It's pointless to travel so far to play against a mob who are probably akin to Peterhead in terms of quality.

If it was against decent opposition I could just about understand it, but they don't need him for this game. He'd be better getting settled in Glasgow and doing fitness work with the coaching team.

He’s not kicked a ball in months mate, won’t do him any harm (fingers crossed any way)

Makes me wonder what the big bonus of getting him in on loan early is, which in turn made him sign a contract extension.

Looks like we won't see too much of him this year, in which case we could have held on til Jan and taken him on a pre contract.

He will need game time. But going to SA or an island off African coast isn’t the answer.

Interesting to see if he makes the match day squad for Thursday given that’s him about to join the set up today/tomorrow.

Just wait until he’s called up in some January for the ANC (whatever it’s called ) and he’s away for about 2 months.

Normally I'd be all for it, our squad playing internationals, but they are playing a team that Ferguson's Kelty Hearts would skelp... Completely needless pointless trip.

You get fit and match sharp by playing games he starts training tomorrow and will likely be eased in and out of the team a 90 minute game or two for the national team will do him the world of good if he gets covid we have the numbers to deal with his absence
I'm with you, Gerrard is a huge fan of players playing International football, it is good for the player and the club. It's also an insult to think Gerrard and Wilson didn't know he could be brought back into the S.A setup and haven't planned accordingly.
Everything has to be a negative on FF even when things are going so well! Folk saying Zungu should tell them to F off, forget how that worked out for idiot Lafferty not showing up for International duty.
An International call up is no longer optional or can be manipulated by clubs, Zungu being banned for not playing is a better situation than playing? for some! I can't cope with certain levels of stupidity at times.

Last edited:
Back