Jordan Jones - I’d like to see him get more game time.

Ive been saying this for i dont know how long. Now that aribos back i doubt jones will establish a first team place but i like the look of him any time he comes on as a sub

I don't particularly rate Jones and I don't think he suits our style of play in all honesty.

In the same bracket as Barker and Stewart not good enough.

That’s the problem. At the minute no one but I think will a longer run of games he could threaten a starting place.

And it’s a good problem for Gerrard to have. Get your chance, and when you do make sure you grab it otherwise it will be a while before you get another.

Barker is a real head scratcher for me. Clearly, we have coaches and a management team that know what they are doing but, for the life of me, I just can’t see a footballer in Barker.

I don’t think it’s fair to say Barker isn’t a footballer however it’s difficult to defend him as a starter when you see him hiding in games.

I’d start him on Sunday. Always thought that a small part of the reasoning for signing him and Stewart was getting players who performed well on those pitches.

Jones will only play when we have a chance to counter during a game and we can exploit his pace.

Sunday won't be that sort of game, so I don't see him featuring.

It's more of a game for our more technical forwards to open up the deep lying Killie defence.

Can’t work out what’s happening with him at all. I thought he’d definitely be sold in summer and at that point I felt he only had himself to blame. Then he did get a chance and he took it imo.

People are saying he needs to make the most of his cameos, he certainly did against Motherwell and was rightly praised by the manager. So then when he’s left out of European squad (for games in which he could be quite useful for at times), I find it a bit confusing.

Blatantly obvious he’s more effective than Barker also, so not sure what’s going on with that either.

should have got far more time on park yesterday imo.

He got his start v Ross County and done nothing, very inconsistent but I agree he should have had more game time than he has.
He got his start v Ross County and done nothing, very inconsistent but I agree he should have had more game time than he has.

He had a great chance on Sunday to burst through on the GK and was robbed of the ball. These are chances if he wants to move further up the order he has to take.

Jones will only play when we have a chance to counter during a game and we can exploit his pace.

Sunday won't be that sort of game, so I don't see him featuring.

It's more of a game for our more technical forwards to open up the deep lying Killie defence.

There was a wee ball Hagi played in the build up to our first goal that was a thing of beauty. We don't really need pace against these teams as there's no space to run. What we need is a wee bit of guile.

The fact that him and Barker are nowhere near as effective as Kent and Hagi then it makes it difficult Jones and Barker should be sold to fund a better quality 10/winger that will challenge Kent and Hagi more affectively

Agreed. Jones and Barker are 3rd and 4th picks in the wings.

To be honest Greg Stewart has barely ever put a foot wrong when called upon, but seems to be behind Jones and Barker.

There was a wee ball Hagi played in the build up to our first goal that was a thing of beauty. We don't really need pace against these teams as there's no space to run. What we need is a wee bit of guile.

Spot on Woodrow.

Apart from the Motherwell game he's not took his chance.

He could maybe be a starter against Killie because he's played on that pitch and i feel Kent needs a rest.

Agreed. Jones and Barker are 3rd and 4th picks in the wings.
They suit certain matches due to their pace but they have little end product I'd challenge the scouting team to find a player to replace them both that's just as quick and hardworking but is also skillful and capable on a stunning finish or final pass

He had a great chance on Sunday to burst through on the GK and was robbed of the ball. These are chances if he wants to move further up the order he has to take.
He also forced a decent save from the keeper. I think he done pretty well after coming on. Also agree with most on here saying he's miles ahead of Barker,or should be!

I personally don't think Jones is anywhere near good enough to be starting games. With injuries clearing up, his game time will be even more limited. I'd be surprised if he's still here next season.

Don't think he will start on Thursday but Sunday at Kilmarnock on that plastic pitch is perfect for him hope he gets a chance

I want him to rip Killie to pieces but I just don’t think he will put the effort in .
It’s not until he’s at a Barnsley or like that he will realise what he’s not got .

Genuinely thought he'd be right back in the frame after his performance and goal against Motherwell, was really gutted to see he was left out the Europa League squad.

He should start at Killie.

Plenty of experience of playing well on that pitch. Some fresh legs after Thursday’s game also wouldn’t be a bad thing
I really can’t agree with people saying he should start at Killie. His best attribute is pace which is unfortunately more or less useless away to teams who sit deep. These games requires players with close control and an eye for a pass. Tailor made for your Aribos and Hagis of the world.

A bit of an exaggeration. Kent has done very little in the last 5 games. Plenty effort but no substance. Jones has a very similar style and should really be given a chance.
Kent at his best is miles ahead of Jones and Barker at their best is the point I'm trying to emphasize

To be honest Greg Stewart has barely ever put a foot wrong when called upon, but seems to be behind Jones and Barker.
Agreed. The guy has never let us down. Works hard, always has nice touches, has taken most of his chances. I don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip.

Agreed. The guy has never let us down. Works hard, always has nice touches, has taken most of his chances. I don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip.
There are better players than him in the squad unfortunately - Hagi, Aribo, Roofe and Kent mainly. Jones and Barker have pace which Greg doesn't which is the only reason they are ahead of him in the squad I'd think, Gerrard has always spoken highly of him too.

Wouldn't mind loaning him out in January

A bit of an exaggeration. Kent has done very little in the last 5 games. Plenty effort but no substance. Jones has a very similar style and should really be given a chance.
Completely agree Kent needs resting he has been in in a barren patch for a while now and Jones could help ease the burden on him domestically

There are better players than him in the squad unfortunately - Hagi, Aribo, Roofe and Kent mainly. Jones and Barker have pace which Greg doesn't which is the only reason they are ahead of him in the squad I'd think, Gerrard has always spoken highly of him too.

Wouldn't mind loaning him out in January

Those four are the top players, for sure, however it's not prevented Jones and Barker from getting relatively decent game time this season. Aside from the game in Gibraltar I can't really remember Stewart playing. I feel for him, Jones let the manager and team down last year, Barker has had one or two good games max from memory yet gets game regularly and Stewart hardly gets on the bench.

Barker is more versatile than Jones for those expressing confusion.

Jones is very much a get to the byline winger and we don't play with them, we haven't for a while. In theory if he could be coached into being more cute in the final third he could be very effective for us but right now he shouldn't really be starting too many games.

Back