Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Heard Hugh saying he was a Bankie on Saturday but there was a little give away before that.
He said his granda who lived in Govan took him along to their local junior side St Anthonys.
I've heard poets in the work talking about this team. Apparently, for bogtrotters, they are the next thing after the scum .
Govan Juniors: Ants play in green & grey hoops. Bens in Royal blue.

St Anthony's played at Moore Park, next to the Wee Rangers Club. SDM bought their park with grandiose ideas of turning it into a stadium for the reserve team. Its now a retail park which tells you everything you need to know about Murray.
A wee fact few know. St Anthony's dressing room were destroyed in a fire in the 50s. They lost all their strips, balls etc. They went to Celtic and Clyde to bail them out, no joy at either. Rangers then contacted them, gave them money for strips, training gear plus a couple of hampers with balls and boots. Only request from us was not to publicise it as we believed in helping a local club but not bail out lots of teams. This was from a man I knew, Celtic fan and Celtic scout who was on the committee of St Anthonys.

Heard Hugh saying he was a Bankie on Saturday but there was a little give away before that.
He said his granda who lived in Govan took him along to their local junior side St Anthonys.
I've heard poets in the work talking about this team. Apparently, for bogtrotters, they are the next thing after the scum .
They drew their supporter base from a scheme called "The Wine Alley" just off Broomloan rd as you head towards Govan Cross. Their home park was a black ash slum next to the "Wee Rangers Club". It really was the land that time forgot and the vast majority of residents were Tims. They had a reputation for bushwhacking less clued up Bears after midweek home games heading back to the Subway/Govan Cross bus station. Even in times of almost full employment they would form an endless serpentine queue at the local Post Office on Giro day.
They finally demolished it. Alas they gave the residents notice of this and they were rehoused across Govan. Govan has never really recovered.

He does on post #892. Well at least ”as a boy”.

It‘s a dead give away who he supports as he hurts more than most and is often their biggest critic. That often confuses Celtic fans and they come on and accuse him of been biased against Celtic. They couldn’t be more wrong.

I believe that Keevins is 71 years old, which means he was born around 1949. In which case, he would have been 18 when they won the European Cup, in the middle of their NIAR. If he supported them "as a boy", it would be a very strange time to stop supporting them, !as a man!.

Unless of course, something else happened to Keevins "as a boy", which made him stop supporting them.

Reactions: 8-1
Lets not forget that the bold Hugh would not allow any discussion about Celtic using the death of Phil O'Donnell to postpone our game, but was happy to allow discussion on EBTs.
He controlled the agenda so made sure the bad Rangers/good Celtic was highlighted.
Hes puting pressure on the Celtic board because he thinks the 10 might be slipping away.

One at work stated that mcgregor is meant to be mature now. I said aye he finally realised his background and what you really are

Rightly. When you listen to Talksport etc and the English pundits are clear in their support for their clubs. It's absolutely embarrassing that in Scotland pundits can't show their true feelings as they need to hide who they support. All it does is stifle debate and create a situation where everyone is trying to second guess them.

Excellent post. Either if you're us or one of them. If you do a good job at what youre doing. It shouldn't matter.

St Anthony's played at Moore Park, next to the Wee Rangers Club. SDM bought their park with grandiose ideas of turning it into a stadium for the reserve team. Its now a retail park which tells you everything you need to know about Murray.
A wee fact few know. St Anthony's dressing room were destroyed in a fire in the 50s. They lost all their strips, balls etc. They went to Celtic and Clyde to bail them out, no joy at either. Rangers then contacted them, gave them money for strips, training gear plus a couple of hampers with balls and boots. Only request from us was not to publicise it as we believed in helping a local club but not bail out lots of teams. This was from a man I knew, Celtic fan and Celtic scout who was on the committee of St Anthonys.
I used to watch Benburb at Tinto Park now and again, I seem to recall the corner flags were blue with a white “B.F.C.” but the “B” looked suspiciously like it previously been an “R”.
I was told that Rangers were known to help out the Chooky Hens regularly with such donations.

I believe that Keevins is 71 years old, which means he was born around 1949. In which case, he would have been 18 when they won the European Cup, in the middle of their NIAR. If he supported them "as a boy", it would be a very strange time to stop supporting them, !as a man!.

Unless of course, something else happened to Keevins "as a boy", which made him stop supporting them.
He blocked me on twitter when I pointed out he's been to more csc events than Jock Stein ever did.

If anyone had any doubts over who spew Keevins supports then you will pretty much be certain when you see he was part of this Celtic podcast.

If anyone had any doubts over who spew Keevins supports then you will pretty much be certain when you see he was part of this Celtic podcast.

Surely there's nobody with any doubt in their mind that Keevins supports them?

I do not understand why these people pretend to have lost their allegiance to their team. Why not just say 'I support X, but I try to be as impartial as possible' – starting from a position of deceit (e.g. 'I don't support anyone anymore') only fuels the perception of deceitfulness.

I do not understand why these people pretend to have lost their allegiance to their team. Why not just say 'I support X, but I try to be as impartial as possible' – starting from a position of deceit (e.g. 'I don't support anyone anymore') only fuels the perception of deceitfulness.
Apparently journalists shouldn't reveal who they support, there were a couple of users earlier who didn't seem convinced on who Hugh supported.

I thought it was a well known fact Keevins supported them? I dont really care that he does to be honest.

Did you not listen to Hugh? "Because it's dangerous" :rolleyes:

Yet ex footballers who turn pundits who don't hide it are not in danger because the are not journalists.

They would be in no more danger than Ferry, Slainey and Co.

Spew Keevins and the multiple priests who attended his daughters wedding, not a cellik supporter? Are you kidding me?!

He is clearly a *** and why any bear wold be in doubt of this is beyond me. Any criticism he has of that mob is as a fan would have and is doing so to illicit change that will make them better.
He is in panic mode at the mo like most mentally challengeds because they realise we have overtaken them in every aspect.

Andy from Dumbarton used to phone TalkRadio thru the night regularly at the same time Tommy the taxi driver was always on TR.

He is a religious fruit loop who would come out with some absolute crackers about the kaflik church.
Not that guy, i remember him . He had a love in with George Galloway at the time. The entire world was just one big Masonic conspiracy to him.
Wonder how how the lockdown treated him being a taxi driver.

Apparently journalists shouldn't reveal who they support, there were a couple of users earlier who didn't seem convinced on who Hugh supported.

He writes nearly all ex celt players books, creams himself every time he talks about the Lisbon Lions, takes his Grandson to Celtic games at Parkhead, talks about his southern irish heritage, his junior team are St Anthonys. How many clues does he need to give about who he supports?

Just stuck it on to listen to before falling asleep, I really hope someone got on air to highlight how much of a fucking cheat Collum is in allowing McGregor to stay on the park and to allow the blatant foul in the lead up to that wee scrotum Griffiths goal.

Shoo pretended to be a Bankies fan for years however when they were going belly up he did hee haw as journalist TV & radio pundit to help their plight. One Saturday afternoon he was outed by a caller on RC who used to work with his son in a bingo hall of all places and in other news water is wet.

Shoo pretended to be a Bankies fan for years however when they were going belly up he did hee haw as journalist TV & radio pundit to help their plight. One Saturday afternoon he was outed by a caller on RC who used to work with his son in a bingo hall of all places and in other news water is wet.
Compare that to when celtc nearly died. There was one Saturday evening he talked only about them and was nearly in tears, with every called being one of them. He even ignored the score lines that day to concentrate on them

And there was the afternoon wee Fergus was in the studio. You'd think he was having an audience with the pope

I used to watch Benburb at Tinto Park now and again, I seem to recall the corner flags were blue with a white “B.F.C.” but the “B” looked suspiciously like it previously been an “R”.
I was told that Rangers were known to help out the Chooky Hens regularly with such donations.
Many many years ago Rangers on the odd time would train at Tinto park and played some reserve games also, Benburb at one point had the best junior pitch in Scottish football,Rangers at the end of the season would give the Bens a load of training gear/boots plus payment for using the pitch.

Sir Alex Ferguson used to look after them well when he was manager at Man U, Used to call them and tell them to come down in a van,which they filled with training gear,boots,jerseys,jackets,balls.

Sir Alex since he retired only rarely will take a quick pop into the Bens when he's up in Glasgow. In my opinion the Bens got a bad deal over the sale of their ground.

I've also noticed that there were some Rangers youth games being played at St Anthony's ground last year but Rangers ladies played most of their home games at the Bens, no idea why the club would be lining the pockets of the mockets.

They did die

Only if you consider a football club to be nothing more than an empty, soulless corporate entity, a company house number, a share. As they do.

But then again with their history, their club is as empty and soulless as the popes smile.

He writes nearly all ex celt players books, creams himself every time he talks about the Lisbon Lions, takes his Grandson to Celtic games at Parkhead, talks about his southern irish heritage, his junior team are St Anthonys. How many clues does he need to give about who he supports?
Not sure if he still does or not but he regularly frequented Duntocher’s poet slop houses

Back