Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

There are links in the description box for further info.
God almighty , I believe every word that man said and he fairly silenced the panel of know alls who knew all these horrific acts were happening and did nothing about it but the courage of that Gentleman speaking out made them listen and got his message through to them . Hopefully his courage will encourage more victims to speak out and tell the World what is going on at those institutions and make it Public and expose the perpetrators who hide behind the cloak of Religion to commit these abhorrent acts of depravity . To ALL victims of these animals I would urge you all to speak out , point the finger at the guilty ones and shame the authorities into taking action and IF these so called authorities have any decency at all they will make sure the perpetrators are brought to Justice . I salute that man for his bravery and courage for bringing it all out and sharing the horrors he suffered . I hope he now feels some peace and sees justice for the suffering he endured . I would like to say to all victims of abuse that we are all behind you on this forum and again , Well done to the team here who are bringing these cases to our attention and the support you give in helping the victims find justice . Hat doffed to you all .

God almighty , I believe every word that man said and he fairly silenced the panel of know alls who knew all these horrific acts were happening and did nothing about it but the courage of that Gentleman speaking out made them listen and got his message through to them . Hopefully his courage will encourage more victims to speak out and tell the World what is going on at those institutions and make it Public and expose the perpetrators who hide behind the cloak of Religion to commit these abhorrent acts of depravity . To ALL victims of these animals I would urge you all to speak out , point the finger at the guilty ones and shame the authorities into taking action and IF these so called authorities have any decency at all they will make sure the perpetrators are brought to Justice . I salute that man for his bravery and courage for bringing it all out and sharing the horrors he suffered . I hope he now feels some peace and sees justice for the suffering he endured . I would like to say to all victims of abuse that we are all behind you on this forum and again , Well done to the team here who are bringing these cases to our attention and the support you give in helping the victims find justice . Hat doffed to you all .
I agree with you Alex (apart from the first two words, God almighty).
I first saw this video a few years ago and it really hit home but despite this mans real and authentic testimony at the Irish CSA commission, what has actually resulted from it and who has faced any consequences? It really is beyond belief that these filthy religious cults are still deemed “fit and proper” to receive public funds and tax exemption to be responsible for children’s education and safeguarding.

Last edited:
I think I know what you refer to. Prempted what was going to happen back in 94.
Wisnae us. Any case should be against old club.
mountloyal; Had took a note of your post when starting my 2wk quarantine, hunted to find details in notes. Now I may be incorrect here, but did his Honour not rule at our hearing that " whilst you may change your company owning the
Club; that Club continues its history unchanged in football terms" , that is not
verbatim, but amounts 2 us continuing ALL of our history; good & bad times?

So with regards 2 the wee Fergus deal & company name change-- Pacific Shelf
i believe; should that precedent not continue too their 94' situation then.

When they paid for CBC's name change, would St.Pats then continue on with the
records of CBC achievements/history, would imagine, IMHO. :confused:

Unless you were a victim you could never comprehend the horrors that were inflicted on those poor children and it was covered up by many who knew, the similarities at Paedo fc are there for all to see, why are they protected and innocent children/peoples lives sacrificed ?
The mentality of not doing anything when they know something I just can't get my head around that, what is the matter with these people they must be brainwashed and all to protect the name of a club,or a church.
The perpetrators were protected my god it's the same wherever they are.
Why is there no justice or peace for the victims it is an abomination of biblical proportions that normal people just can't understand.

P
Unless you were a victim you could never comprehend the horrors that were inflicted on those poor children and it was covered up by many who knew, the similarities at Paedo fc are there for all to see, why are they protected and innocent children/peoples lives sacrificed ?
The mentality of not doing anything when they know something I just can't get my head around that, what is the matter with these people they must be brainwashed and all to protect the name of a club,or a church.
The perpetrators were protected my god it's the same wherever they are.
Why is there no justice or peace for the victims it is an abomination of biblical proportions that normal people just can't understand.

They are a strange species indeed......grown men whose whole life seems to be dominated by a pox ridden nest of paedophiles.

It seems incredible that Scottish Governments are afraid of what will come out in an investigation. It makes me think that people who hold very high positions in society are involved.

Corrupt from top to bottom

The whole thing is totally reeking of a cover up of a institutional child abuse ring within nonceco and their RC mentors

It truly is sickening

In the event that that hienous club are found guilty and in light of their financial report out today do we think that their deluded in denial fans would support a share issue therefore enabling the enablers a club like no other with no shame!

In the event that that hienous club are found guilty and in light of their financial report out today do we think that their deluded in denial fans would support a share issue therefore enabling the enablers a club like no other with no shame!

Unlikely that a share issue would be needed.

Insurers may have a get-out in that proper precautions were not taken. Indeed the crime was allowed to continue due to deliberate ignorance. Bit like causing an accident whilst drunk driving?

Be very interesting to see how CFC could utilise employee liability insurance when their stance (separate entity) is that these employees weren't theirs. More knots for them to tie themselves up in.

In any case, the article above is far from conclusive on the issue.

It seems incredible that Scottish Governments are afraid of what will come out in an investigation. It makes me think that people who hold very high positions in society are involved.
There are many apologists in high places when it comes to that club. Probably the main reason why the abuse was allowed to continue over the decades along with the subsequent coverups.
We have found individuals involved that thought their secret was hidden forever. The unfortunate issue here is some of them are dead, but the ones who aren’t have and will be hunted down. This like I’ve said before was a very well organised ring within a club with many apologists. Please believe us when we say that just because things go quiet that this doesn’t mean nothing is happening. Also remember there is a certain court case coming up (and more to come) which restricts us from showing what we know.
We will continue to show what the club say was a separate entity. The reason we do is it’s helped more victims come forward. We have also found links that will surprise some. Again this has all been handed to the appropriate people.

If you know the history ? when you find out that one of the biggest institutions in world football isn't what it seems.At the inception of the boys club 54years ago ,who would have thought that in 2020 Scotlands shame is still not addressed.
The positives are promoted, the successes well documented, but the darkest negativity in world sport is still being suppressed. The separatists are still in denial,deflecting responsibility, ignoring their duty of care. The survivors, the victims and their families deserve much better. Wake up and do the victims justice Scotland. Those abused are not alone.

Be very interesting to see how CFC could utilise employee liability insurance when their stance (separate entity) is that these employees weren't theirs. More knots for them to tie themselves up in.

In any case, the article above is far from conclusive on the issue.
It's being taken out of Celtics hands now with the court cases starting next year. They can try and tie themselves up in knots if they like but if a judge decides that they were liable then their next step will be to ask the insurance company to pay out. Ties in with what I and others suspect that it's the insurance company that has been investigating their potential liability these last two to three years.

I mentioned the Chelsea case last week in the thread for the guardian article. The similarities are there with the Celtic case. Complaints made about Eddie Heath which were not passed up to senior figures within the club which allowed him to go on and abuse 25 or so boys. And then the following coverup.

Chelseas inurers paid out to the survivors and families.

Whilst no insurance claim is every identical, the likelyhood is that it won't affect Celtics balance sheet.

I am not really an emotional man. I have tears in my eyes listening to that. To think that man's torture is repeated dozens, if not hundreds, of times by poor men abused at the scum club. Scottish Government pretending they are worried about children's education during a pandemic?! At the same time ignoring wee boys being raped for decades? Shameless from the scum and our so called First Minister and all her lackeys.

That message was heartbreaking,we have established that Celtic,seperate entity,call them what you will, Scottish government, media,police,the Catholic church,(some list) have and continue to say nothing!!, shamefully!
Are there no ex-players , fellow boys club members, staff,done a bit of"soul searching",and done the decent/right thing,and come forward?.
For decency, piece of mind,any right reasons!
There are a lot of people out there!, letting decent human beings down.

It's being taken out of Celtics hands now with the court cases starting next year. They can try and tie themselves up in knots if they like but if a judge decides that they were liable then their next step will be to ask the insurance company to pay out. Ties in with what I and others suspect that it's the insurance company that has been investigating their potential liability these last two to three years.

I mentioned the Chelsea case last week in the thread for the guardian article. The similarities are there with the Celtic case. Complaints made about Eddie Heath which were not passed up to senior figures within the club which allowed him to go on and abuse 25 or so boys. And then the following coverup.

Whilst no insurance claim is every identical, the likelyhood is that it won't affect Celtics balance sheet.

Senior figures were notified at Celtic mate.

Jack McGinn meeting on Cairney in Kearny in 1991 ? Kevin Kelly firing Hugh Birt ?

This is a lot different.

Also, did Chelsea re employ known paedophiles ?

That message was heartbreaking,we have established that Celtic,seperate entity,call them what you will, Scottish government, media,police,the Catholic church,(some list) have and continue to say nothing!!, shamefully!
Are there no ex-players , fellow boys club members, staff,done a bit of"soul searching",and done the decent/right thing,and come forward?.
For decency, piece of mind,any right reasons!
There are a lot of people out there!, letting decent human beings down.
sellik omerta

As I said before....Hugh Birt tried.....unfortunately he approached the wrong man with his concerns and was then ostracized from Parkhead for doing so.

It is important to highlight this episode as it seems CFC board members were either actively involved or aware and tolerating what was going on at their boys club at that time.

Edit: just saw GYs post

Same thinking

Senior figures were notified at Celtic mate.

Jack McGinn meeting on Cairney in Kearny in 1991 ? Kevin Kelly firing Hugh Birt ?

This is a lot different.

Also, did Chelsea re employ known paedophiles ?
Chelsea didn't sack and re-employ Heath no so perhaps this is the angle that Celtics insurers will look at to minimise their risk re: torbett.

In terms of similarities I'm thinking more of Gordon Woods comment recently where he said his father wrote a letter to Stein but that certain people made sure it never made it's way up the chain to him.

Perhaps Celtic will have to pay out of their own pocket for some victims and the insurers for others? Be interesting to see how it plays out and we will find out as they are a plc so it would have to be in the balance sheet if a payment is made. They might even have to make an announcment to the stock exchange too which would be very embarassing for them.

Chelsea didn't sack and re-employ Heath no so perhaps this is the angle that Celtics insurers will look at to minimise their risk re: torbett.

In terms of similarities I'm thinking more of Gordon Woods comment recently where he said his father wrote a letter to Stein but that certain people made sure it never made it's way up the chain to him.

Perhaps Celtic will have to pay out of their own pocket for some victims and the insurers for others? Be interesting to see how it plays out and we will find out as they are a plc so it would have to be in the balance sheet if a payment is made. They might even have to make an announcment to the stock exchange too which would be very embarassing for them.

They’ve already lost a case last August but I’ve yet to have a chance to look through the notes to their accounts.

They will want to bury this if possible, and I don’t think one award will be material enough for the auditors to push really strongly for this being identified.

The forthcoming cases will hopefully change that, albeit many companies provide for these things prior to the cases if it’s likely that they will have to pay out.

They’ve already lost a case last August but I’ve yet to have a chance to look through the notes to their accounts.

They will want to bury this if possible, and I don’t think one award will be material enough for the auditors to push really strongly for this being identified.

The forthcoming cases will hopefully change that, albeit many companies provide for these things prior to the cases if it’s likely that they will have to pay out.
Yeah I hadn't even known about that court case which they lost until the other day when I was trying my best to make my way through this enormous thread! I'm down south so don't see as much in the media as you will (assuming you're in Scotland).

You sound like you know what you are talking about mate, but it seems unreasonable, if not unfathomable that Celtic would have had insurance over the 40 odd years this was know to happen. Im not sure any insurance policy could be retrospectively applied.

Id liken it to someone discovering they have cancer. Then going private and paying their premium, before saying "oh you know what, actually ive had cancer since before this policy was active, you mind paying for my treatment?"

Id suspect any insurance company would fight that in court

You sound like you know what you are talking about mate, but it seems unreasonable, if not unfathomable that Celtic would have had insurance over the 40 odd years this was know to happen. Im not sure any insurance policy could be retrospectively applied.

Id liken it to someone discovering they have cancer. Then going private and paying their premium, before saying "oh you know what, actually ive had cancer since before this policy was active, you mind paying for my treatment?"

I'm certainly no expert but I like to read a lot.

I've seen Penn State mentioned a few times in relation to Celtic and the university actually had a legal battle with their insurance company over who was liable for $60m worth of claims which the university eventually lost. More time wasted for the victims while they fought that out. Thankfully the case was expedited and a quick decision was made.

So in Penn States case liabilty was shared and both the insurers and the uni paid out. We might see that here.

I'm certainly no expert but I like to read a lot.

I've seen Penn State mentioned a few times in relation to Celtic and the university actually had a legal battle with their insurance company over who was liable for $60m worth of claims which the university eventually lost. More time wasted for the victims while they fought that out. Thankfully the case was expedited and a quick decision was made.

So in Penn States case liabilty was shared and both the insurers and the uni paid out. We might see that here.

Not many insurers pay out happily to cover their clients when there's a chance they can avoid it.

If the figure at Celtic's end runs to high amounts I don't see the insurers happily covering it. They'll be looking at ways to show their policy didn't have a sub-section for "numerous high level officials covering up a paedophile ring for decades"

Could rumble on for a long time yet even if the surivors get a favourable court decision.

Now that some of the beast have been jailed and beyond victims receiving "their day in court" if they want it, I want to see some of the people responsible for continually allowing the abusers to get away with it.

The scum may be trying to use cover in place against historical damages claims.
However, the interpretation put on the cover from the insurers would have to be very wide to include historical CSA.
Especially when the facts allegedly show that senior executives were aware and did nothing to mitigate the risks. In fact, their actions allegedly exacerbated the risks by re-employing a convicted abuser.

There are two possibilities that could make sense.
1. That the overall value of Ceptic’s insurance business (player coverage, public liability, event staging etc) is so valuable on on ongoing basis it is worth their insurers picking up the tab.
2. They have bought legal costs insurance. The insurers then decide on the tactics adopted. They assess the risks involved and decide what needs to be done. The idea is to minimize the overall bills and they will fight tooth and nail to limit damages as the more money saved, the more they make.

The boarding school ‘monster’ who always walked free​

Another who escaped justice.
These stories are horrific and gives you an insight to what a sick world we live in and the majority of the monsters seem to have positions of authority which makes you wonder why it takes so long to bring them to face justice . Could this be a reason why CBC victims are left for years of suffering from horrible memories of abuse ? Are the majority of perpetrators people in power with friends in high places who can prolong bringing the cases to court and keep the perpetrators from facing justice . Why does it take over 50 years for victims of child sex abuse to get any kind of justice ?

These stories are horrific and gives you an insight to what a sick world we live in and the majority of the monsters seem to have positions of authority which makes you wonder why it takes so long to bring them to face justice . Could this be a reason why CBC victims are left for years of suffering from horrible memories of abuse ? Are the majority of perpetrators people in power with friends in high places who can prolong bringing the cases to court and keep the perpetrators from facing justice . Why does it take over 50 years for victims of child sex abuse to get any kind of justice ?
All walks of life are responsible for the cover ups but when it gets to the police and PF levels there is defo dark forces at work.

If it wasn't for the internet they would still be getting away with it.

Thanks for that, I've seen this before but I'm in awe of that brave brave man speaking out the way he did
I have quite a few friends from southern Ireland & none of them are practicing Catholics anymore. Most of them shamed by what went on .
At least some of the scandals there were brought to a head & more than a few decent movies about the different abuses reached the wider public.
About time the RC church in Scotland were exposed.
Thanks once again for the sterling work

Retrospective insurance doubt very much that’s a thing.

Surely no insurance company would pay out on a policy taken out after the abuse took place?
As this in itself would surely lead to promoting cover ups to avoid claims

Yes, normally employers liability insurance will cover you based upon the date of the incident, not the date of the claim, as would any other insurance I know of.

Why would this be any different ?

Even when you move insurer you would state any outstanding claims / incidents in hat they would base their premium on ?

We’d just like to bring the thread up to date with what we know reference the SFA review.
We’ve been informed again that it’s due at the end of this month to be released. We find this unlikely due to a certain court case coming up, but then again they may go ahead and release it. If we hear anything different then we will inform the thread with what we know.

Yeah I hadn't even known about that court case which they lost until the other day when I was trying my best to make my way through this enormous thread! I'm down south so don't see as much in the media as you will (assuming you're in Scotland).
Doesn't get a lot of coverage in mainstream media if at all. If you were to access the media up here it might amaze you about their bias to Celtic and RC church.

Doesn't get a lot of coverage in mainstream media if at all. If you were to access the media up here it might amaze you about their bias to Celtic and RC church.

Is there honestly a bigger abuse scandal in world sport?

USA gymnastics story was 1 guy and had 2 films made about it.

This is 6 or 7 guys over decades and no-one wants to write about it.. My family down south, who are all into football, werent even aware of it. How can that be?

Yes, normally employers liability insurance will cover you based upon the date of the incident, not the date of the claim, as would any other insurance I know of.

Why would this be any different ?

Even when you move insurer you would state any outstanding claims / incidents in hat they would base their premium on ?
What an abhorrent ugly business GY, how can these “suits” go home and kiss their kids goodnight. If you can get paedophilia cover can companies get murder cover incase any employees go on a shooting spree? Surely when the coverup reaches boardroom, decision maker level the policy is null and void.
Celtic have been hiding behind their Sandbag Sanger defence of “separate entity” so when that is obliterated in court by the evidence gathered by you and your team they cannot change tact and site rogue employees and claim on their insurance.
I caught a second of Useless on the news tonight and heard him saying “following the decades of hurt, anger and misconceptions which were generated by one of the most bitter and divisive....” and I thought finally the SFA report had been released without me realising and CFC were being held accountable but no, this was in reference to miners convicted of offences during the strikes of the 80s being given a pardon.
Won’t be long though brother, and that clown will be in parliament issuing an unreserved apology for his inaction during this whole sorry episode, and the photo of him in his Celtic hoodie will form part of the noose around his neck that hangs him.

Last edited:
It's being taken out of Celtics hands now with the court cases starting next year. They can try and tie themselves up in knots if they like but if a judge decides that they were liable then their next step will be to ask the insurance company to pay out.

A judge can make CFC liable for sure, but surely it is problematic for CFC ask an insurance company to pay out on something which they have claimed publicly has no legal connection to them? Their public stance should be reason enough for any insurer to tell them to bolt, no?

The other outcome - the insurer plays ball and agrees to pay out - can only mean that they must have been in cahoots, that CFC were lying through their teeth all along, and that the insurer was aware they were lying to the public and the victims. A dangerous game and potential PR disaster for the insurer, no?

That mob dont have their problems to seek both on and of the park, they have been running round trying to put the fires out with their manager and as always in the dark recesses this subject is upper most in their mind, it is not going away any time soon.

They'll probably get a hefty discount if they use the same insurers as the Roman Catholic Church does they can educate them in what to do from their vast experiences and they have a lot in common.

What an abhorrent ugly business GY, how can these “suits” go home and kiss their kids goodnight. If you can get paedophilia cover can companies get murder cover incase any employees go on a shooting spree? Surely when the coverup reaches boardroom, decision maker level the policy is null and void.
Celtic have been hiding behind their Sandbag Sanger defence of “separate entity” so when that is obliterated in court by the evidence gathered by you and your team they cannot change tact and site rogue employees and claim on their insurance.
I caught a second of Useless on the news tonight and heard him saying “following the decades of hurt, anger and misconceptions which were generated by one of the most bitter and divisive....” and I thought finally the SFA report had been released without me realising and CFC were being held accountable but no, this was in reference to miners convicted of offences during the strikes of the 80s being given a pardon.
Won’t be long though brother, and that clown will be in parliament issuing an unreserved apology for his inaction during this whole sorry episode, and the photo of him in his Celtic hoodie will form part of the noose around his neck that hangs him.

Sincerely working towards that Lucifer.

The hoodie racist is an embarrassment to this country mate.

Is there honestly a bigger abuse scandal in world sport?

USA gymnastics story was 1 guy and had 2 films made about it.

This is 6 or 7 guys over decades and no-one wants to write about it.. My family down south, who are all into football, werent even aware of it. How can that be?
If a similar case happened in America there would be people doing 20/30 year sentences and it would be more than 6/7
The club and our football authorities would be buried forever
Politicians of all sides would be on tv news in their pursuit of proper justice
Only the so called establishment have the power to keep this scandal under the radar
In Scotland the bigot card gets used against anyone trying to get to the truth
If your a victim fighting for justice you are branded a Judas or golddigger by the very same
This was children who have had to suffer into later adulthood and still they wait for justice
But hey don't forget were a cracking wee country

If a similar case happened in America there would be people doing 20/30 year sentences and it would be more than 6/7
The club and our football authorities would be buried forever
Politicians of all sides would be on tv news in their pursuit of proper justice
Only the so called establishment have the power to keep this scandal under the radar
In Scotland the bigot card gets used against anyone trying to get to the truth
If your a victim fighting for justice you are branded a Judas or golddigger by the very same
This was children who have had to suffer into later adulthood and still they wait for justice
But hey don't forget were a cracking wee country
We WERE an ok kinda country but under the rancid and odious stazi nazi party scotland is sadly quite shambolic now.

Back