Spfl want to void the league if covid forces a stop

Utterly ridiculous that they’re only trying to sort this now.

A second spike was entirely predictable and if they’d shown any kind of leadership back in the summer, they could have got rules in place before the start of the season.

Can’t be changing the rules a third of the way into a season.
They tried to get the clubs to give them carte blanche to do as they saw fit in the Summer. The clubs, rightly, refused. So, this time, they are sounding out what the clubs might support should the need arise. It’s the right way to do it though, as you say, we should have been at this point before the season started.

I don’t see any reason why professional sport should be stopped again no matter how bad Covid gets. Have the govt even talked about it in any of the tiers? Sport was stopped in March cos we had no testing and no idea how the virus spread . Now we have players in bubbles and tested twice a week and know the virus doesn’t spread well outside . There is no reason to stop professional sport

the current rules are fine . Players and any players that are close contacts that test positive isolate . It will likely effect us at some point . The rest get on with it . You might get the odd postponement but other than us and them . There’s plenty of midweek to fit them in

If we start to creep further ahead in the league and this lot decide to stop the league via null and void I am done with Scottish football.

Precedents set last season to award the manky mob a tainted title to ensure 9, anything other than that this season just stinks of total corruption.

What are other leagues in other countries planning to do? No mention of what happens to the European positions in those plans?

I don’t see any reason why professional sport should be stopped again no matter how bad Covid gets. Have the govt even talked about it in any of the tiers? Sport was stopped in March cos we had no testing and no idea how the virus spread . Now we have players in bubbles and tested twice a week and know the virus doesn’t spread well outside . There is no reason to stop professional sport
Leitch even said this , on his 540th or 541st TV appearance

So they want 'broad' powers and the right to void the league if 'insufficient' games are played (without defining what insufficient means) - absolutely stinking

It's one of the 6 questions though. The clubs would decide how many games need to be played to make the league valid.

The big thing they have missed here is if they are going to put any financial threats to teams who don't toe the line plus of course how much TV money would be lost if they null and void this season - which going by the line of questions seems to be their preferred route this season.

There is no need to curtail the season, the issue last year was the tv deal "apparently" so if anything is delayed you play to a conclusion when you can, but you will need a cut-off date to award the European spots. League can be played until complete even after Euro 2020(2021?) is completed

Remember last season when they said it needed to be finished to award the league and get the TV money then without any explanation we had to pay back the tv money?

Don’t trust them for a second, anyone.

Once again we see the force of darkness, will they prevail, I think they will, no matter what we do.

So if they want a game forfeited due to covid, does that mean the sheep, mhanks etc games that were to be rearranged just be forfeited?

I can’t really see what the problem is with being unable to complete the season. We are playing in empty stadiums.
Take St Mirren and Hamilton for instance. What is there to stop them playing games cancelled at midday or whatever during a week day leaving them free to ply their normal games at the weekends.
same can apply to any club when they need to catch up on ties. Why couldn’t celtic play Aberdeen yesterday at 11am to catch up their outstanding game then fly out in the afternoon for their euro tie.
Where is the problem. No fans no police and they could play instead of training.
Yes it’s a difficult time for every club so maybe they just need to accept stuff like this needs to happen to get all the games completed without any backlog.

So if they want a game forfeited due to covid, does that mean the sheep, mhanks etc games that were to be rearranged just be forfeited?
Surely if as they keep telling us the integrity of the competition must be upheld, then it must apply to these games also.

As I've said before, our biggest battle this season is not going to be on the pitch.

Knowing how things work in this shitty, bitter backwater, I have huge concerns about the months ahead.

They will stop at nothing to ensure they are protected, no matter what.

Well they’ve hidden child abuse for 50 years mate, so are we surprised ?

And I include the SFA in that.

We're focussing on the wrong issue here. The key thing is going to be this "sufficient number of games".

We're on 12 just now. We should be pushing to get it set as low as we can. Half, if possible.

So they want 'broad' powers and the right to void the league if 'insufficient' games are played (without defining what insufficient means) - absolutely stinking
There was insufficient games played last season and yet they were awarding titles to if they try and pull that one this season and we are still out in front then we should be pushing for their title to be voided last season. You just can't keep making the rules up as you go along to suit the paedo harbourers. If this was to happen its lights out and seriously look for another league in another country.

IIRC there were 1001 reasons given by the cabal as to why voiding the league was impossible at the end of last season.

The cabal‘s work team are in the shit and have no road map outa said shit and hey presto voiding the league doesn’t seem to be a problem any more.

Who’d have thunk it?

They really are utterly shameless.

The mere fact that they’ve added the word “void” when they were vehemently against it last season tells you all you need to know about who this will end up favouring if we don’t slip up.
The questions they are putting to the clubs have already been answered, they already know the amount of games required to void and they know what’s required to hand over a tainted title, provided we slip up and hand them exactly what they are after.

this season it’s up to us to continue the form and ensure that it’s ours to lose, as well as winning it fairly and squarely without and tainted agendas attached.

Would the SPFL release the results of this questionnaire club by club or will they remain ‘confidential’?

Presumably responses deemed inconvenient could suffer the same fate as the email from Dundee.

I really doubt very much the league will be stopped, things will have to have escalated outrageously.

Also no way will the clubs vote for the first option - not in a month of Sundays.

Also this is a consultation which is to inform what the vote will actually be on.

Also this was talked about at length last week.

Should have been sorted before start of this season. Not as if they didn't have time.

Who would decide if a ‘ sufficient’ number of fixtures had been fulfilled?
The clubs wouldn’t even be allowed to vote on it. It would be down to the SPFL board themselves which in effect means Lawell.

I think they may like the idea of void as they can't pay out prize money to any teams. That was what they said more or less before wasn't it?

So let’s get this right they gave the mentally challengeds the league last season, but now want to void this season. We better be all over this and tell the corrupt scum bastards to GTF.

They can't be serious? What am I talking about, of course they can be serious. However, it should be entirely shot down by every other club. Can't just keep chopping and changing. If they were going to do this it should have been done before the decided to offer Celtic the title and whatever rule applied then stands.

Back