Lennon has never won a normal league title

Stockport bear

A point seemingly missed by the media and worth reiterating. He has never won it under normal circumstances.

2011/12 = rangers deducted 10 points
2012/13 = no Rangers
2013/14 = no Rangers
2018/19 = takes over from Rodgers in February
2019/20 = league awarded early by email.

Never has a Celtic manager had it easier. He won't be able to deal with the pressure. We can already see him cracking.

Last edited:
Just because Rangers were not in the league, doesn't mean he didn't win those fair and square. The only 2 that id question were through the points deduction, and last season.
He won them fair and square but anyone could’ve been manager and won them that league.

Its gutting that we were actually well out in front in season 12/13. The match against St Mirren that we lost with a last minute goal would have seen us go 12 points clear.

If we had somehow managed to keep the players heads in the game (which is forgivable with all the behind the scenes stuff going on) then we could have still won it even with the 12 point deduction.

He might have won them, but they are hollow, uncontested wins.
They weren't uncontested. We just weren't there. That's like any team not in the top flight saying our League titles were uncontested because they weren't there. History will show those titles won fairly. Arguing otherwise is as ridiculous as their nonsense zombie patter.

He would’ve last year if the season was finished in all honesty. Hopefully they do crack but talk of a disaster is premature imo.
Last season wasn't a forgone conclusion. What was it, a 12pt lead with a game in hand and 2 OF games to play? Win the game in hand and the 3rd OF game and suddenly we're only 6pts behind with another OF game to play. Plenty room for a blowup there!

I don’t buy that, we were realistically 10 points behind with what 10 games left? 2 x old firms! Look at the amount of leagues that started back up after covid when the leaders didn’t go on to win it!
What leagues started up where the winners didn’t win, serious question as I’m not actually sure? I don’t think we’d have won it but each to their own opinions of course

Last season wasn't a forgone conclusion. What was it, a 12pt lead with a game in hand and 2 OF games to play? Win the game in hand and the 3rd OF game and suddenly we're only 6pts behind with another OF game to play. Plenty room for a blowup there!
It was we were lost. Doesn’t defend the way they were handed it but we wernt winning the league .

They weren't uncontested. We just weren't there. That's like any team not in the top flight saying our League titles were uncontested because they weren't there. History will show those titles won fairly. Arguing otherwise is as ridiculous as their nonsense zombie patter.
I do agree with this to a degree. We won the league by 21pts in 99/00, you could say that we were uncontested that year?

The way we were playing before lockdown compared to them I’d say and fully believe we’d have fallen further behind. Everyone is entitled to their own views of course

The way we were playing before lockdown compared to them I’d say and fully believe we’d have fallen further behind. Everyone is entitled to their own views of course

If anyone had posted after Hearts or Hamilton we would still have won the league they would have been ridiculed.

With that being said we should have at least been afforded to opportunity to find out.

Yeah it’s easy to say that we could’ve won it now looking back given the form that we’re in currently but we were absolutely dreadful after the winter break.

He would’ve last year if the season was finished in all honesty. Hopefully they do crack but talk of a disaster is premature imo.
Take the Old Firm game out of the equation and they have the same start to the season as us.
We need to push on, whenever they don't play or drop points.

Celtics biggest hope is us getting complacent while effectively only an OF loss splits the teams.

A point seemingly missed by the media and worth reiterating. He has never won it under normal circumstances.

2012/13 = Rangers deducted 10 points
2013/14 = no Rangers
2014/15 = no Rangers
2018/19 = takes over from Rodgers in February
2019/20 = league awarded early by email.

Never has a Celtic manager had it easier. He won't be able to deal with the pressure. We can already see him cracking.

We heard last season he wouldn't deal with the pressure. Then they went out and pumped everybody they played from January onwards while we absolutely humiliated ourselves. Let's not do it again.

They voted their only real competition out the league giving them free reign to win the league and strengthen

When I seen these stats posted here a few weeks ago it pleased me but also made me realise just how deluded that lot are. Obviously from listening to Snide a bit more than usual recently hearing that old goat Keevins going on and on about the amount of trophies they have etc it makes it all the more meaningless and ridiculous that they constantly go on about them.

Just because Rangers were not in the league, doesn't mean he didn't win those fair and square. The only 2 that id question were through the points deduction, and last season.
ffs you could have drawn the celtic team out a hat every game and they'd still win the league at a canter when we were not there

Back