The Copland Nutter finally home after 21 days in hospital with Covid

What a character George is, had a few great days/nights with him back in the day, remember one Sunday afternoon i went to the Holepark club with him to see 2 flute bands playing, first band just up, we’re a bit rough from the Saturday night but only on 2nd beer and sober(ish) and Geo picks up 2 tin ashtrays and starts marching up and down between the band like he’s playing the cymbals, everyone loving his antics, an absolute nutter but in a brilliant way, just full of fun, glad he’s on the mend, not seen him in years now.

Will fondly remember the time he appeared at the back of me with a drum - the drum and his good self were removed by Ibrox security only to return 5 minutes later and twice as noisy - also remember Walter pointing him out and called him down to receive a Rangers jersey

Six in a row season? Sunny day Walter with his waistcoat on?

We seem to have quite a few fan famous characters like him. Don’t know if other clubs are similar.

Rangers Santa, the guy who never wears a shirt (can’t mind his name), Tattoo Kenny, Harry Potter, Orange Bunnet to name some others.

Reactions: Del
He was a top drawer nutter when Nuttery was off the charts, nowadays anyone can claim be a nutter on their Twitter profile. Doesn't work like that, takes years of nutter dedication to achieve legendary nutter status, like our Copland Nutter.
So, what you are saying is, he was the nutters nutter. Don't have any recollections of the guy but would like to add to the sentiments in this thread iby wishing the Copland nutter a speedy recovery. Sounds like a real character.

Glad he is on the mend. Take care bud, you so used to brighten up the games. Best part off the game. Loved watching you from EE

Speedy recovery mate.

Brilliant entertainment all those years ago. I recall Wattie shouting you down to the front during a title celebration.

Could be doing with you back in there when we return.

I
Naked bear from Ayr - he had a condition that he never felt the cold
I saw him wi a top on a couple of weeks ago. I was parked up taking a break and he walked by. Might have been Ayr town centre. Took me ages to remember where I'd seen him before.

Used to sit in CF5 with my old man. Absolutely loved the Nutter. They moved us all to the other side of the stand for the Leeds home leg and there he was. Was that the game he managed to get a drum in or the game he turned out in a full feathered indian head dress?

I was an EE inhabitant in those days. You could always rely on him to liven up a quiet. boring match. Usually got a good bouncy going. God I miss standing at football.....

Hope your on your feet soon George, and can get back to Ibrox as well.

Back