Balogun - How Good?

Big Sniffer has been a revelation this season and is playing the best football of his life. Our formula is working so let's not tinker with it.

Plus it would take a bigger man than me to tell Connor that he's being rested!

Never heard him called Big Sniffer before :))

Strange that we haven't seen Balogun and Helander together to give Goldson a rest don't you think?
I’d like to see that soon as feel part of the issues we’ve had previous seasons is that we flogged him and Tav. I think in the next few weeks we need to see them two plus Kent have a bit of a rest. Keep them fresh and firing the way they have been.

Forgive my name but how accomplished does Balogun look? He’s come in, not had a lot of practice with his partners, had to put up with being in and out of the side but he is quick, excellent on the ball and decent in the air.

Looks superb.
I agree he was very good again tonight however he is 33 and played less than 209 games in his entire career has never really been a regular anywhere it does seem strange considering the performances for us but I can’t help thinking their must be a reason for his lack of games can anyone shed light?

He reads a game very well and hence why he always looks so comfortable.
Great recovery challenge in our box when their player got goal side of him.
Perfectly timed otherwise would have been all too easy to have conceded a penalty.

It’s weird for me - he has done well each time he has played, but I get very nervous watching him. It feels like he has a gaff in him which has, thankfully, never came.

I like him, but I’d prefer Helander in there.

Thought he played well, got caught out of position for his booking, but I thought recovered and won the ball fairly. I like him but Helander makes me feel more assured, his positioning and reading of the game is usually spot on

Thought he played well, got caught out of position for his booking, but I thought recovered and won the ball fairly. I like him but Helander makes me feel more assured, his positioning and reading of the game is usually spot on
Both make me feel extremely comfortable, as does Goldson (normally).

Think Goldson has went up a few levels this season. He seems more confident and reads the game better which makes him look quicker (maybe he is just quicker) and his passing has also improved, a lot. Still got a wee error in him but he's the Gaffer's man isn't he. It's Goldson plus 1
Yes mate, he seems to be the number one starter at the back. His mistake v the bheasts was concerning but thankfully not harmful.

I feel safe when he plays
I'm not going to say he's better or worse than others - mostly because there's probably not that much between them to be fair
But with Balogun he definitely does all the simple things well & he brings a solidness to our shape that helps all those around him
I trust him & that's why he makes me feel safe
Isn't it great we've sorted out the centre back positions with quality options
It's not that long ago we were really weak in this area

I think the fact that we can play Balogun in these games and and rest arguably our best defender and not look weakened and a massive bonus.

I can see him getting an extended contract and Edmundson leaving us once Katic is back.

He has slotted in to the team like he has played there for years. A great addition to the team. Both him and Jon in goal look so settled despite just being in the door. Kudos to Ross, he seems to know his onions.

He has slotted in to the team like he has played there for years. A great addition to the team. Both him and Jon in goal look so settled despite just being in the door. Kudos to Ross, he seems to know his onions.
Long may it continue.

Reactions: TQ3
I’d like to see that soon as feel part of the issues we’ve had previous seasons is that we flogged him and Tav. I think in the next few weeks we need to see them two plus Kent have a bit of a rest. Keep them fresh and firing the way they have been.

Goldson and Tavernier get a rest every international break. They're two of our most important players, so I'd rather see them rested in cup games, or brought off in games we're leading by 2+ with 20 mins or so to go.

Back