Changes for Sunday v Killie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kent's been off it for a while so could be tempted to put Aribo in his place. I would play Aribo anyway even if Kent starts, with a toss up between Hagi and Roofe missing out. Morelos to start as well and maybe Jack for Davis and Helander for Balogun

Not much change for me.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Borna
Arfield Davis Kamara
Hagi Morelos Kent​

No more pretence that Shagger isn’t and wasn’t always #1?

Anyone worried about Helander getting injured on their carpet?

Kent getting a wee break no a bad shout. Aribo and Roofe maybe, supporting Alfie. Alfie a definite.

Mcgregor

Tav
Borna
Helander
Goldust

Jack
Arfield
Kamara

Morelos
Kent
Barker

I'll take a stab at that. Rotation time

Id have a front 3 of Barker, Morelos and Jones.
Kent on bench as needs a restas does Hagi us Jones knows the pitch.
Maybe try Zungu in a 3 with 2 from Kamara, Jack and Arfield. Rest Davis
Would also go with Balogun over Helander and even maybe Bassey for Borna
Just here for the banter?

Kent's form has dropped off the last few games. If it wasn't Killie away next i would want him rested but need a player like him for these games. Kent, Aribo, Hagi and Kamara are all players who are good with the ball in tight situations so would have them all starting on Sunday along with Alfie back in the side. Defence picks itself so only position up for debate should be Davis or Jack

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Helander Barisic
Arfield Jack Kamara
Aribo Kent
Morelos​

Expect us to have a lot of the ball and the task will be more about breaking them down rather than worrying too much about them. So, have McLaughlin and Helander instead of McGregor and Balogun as they’re better at playing out from the back.

Davis gets a rest, Arfield in midfield as we’re more attacking when he’s in there. Aribo because of his trickery and goal threat. Morelos because he’s still the best forward we have.

I think it’ll be a tough game and wouldn’t surprise me if 0-0 at half time and we need something from the bench. Roofe, Itten double substitution to change it.

Kent looks done in and has been poor for the past few weeks, play a front 3 of roofe, Morelos and aribo against Killie and it should be enough to beat them, as well as kent getting some much needed rest.

On top of that jack in for Davis and helander in for balogun.
Kent had almost two weeks rest about three weeks ago during the international break. He can hardly need another rest.

The likes of Jones and Stewart are used to that pitch but would you pick them?
Would be surprised if Stewart plays for us again tbh unless we have an injury crisis.

Appears to be far out the picture.

Jones will probably be involved on Sunday in some capacity.

Balogun, Davis, Hagi and Roofe out. Helander, Jack, Aribo and Morelos in.

McGregor
Arfield jack Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent​

McLaughlin
Arfield Jack Kamara
Aribo Kent
Morelos​

Expect us to have a lot of the ball and the task will be more about breaking them down rather than worrying too much about them. So, have McLaughlin and Helander instead of McGregor and Balogun as they’re better at playing out from the back.

Davis gets a rest, Arfield in midfield as we’re more attacking when he’s in there. Aribo because of his trickery and goal threat. Morelos because he’s still the best forward we have.

I think it’ll be a tough game and wouldn’t surprise me if 0-0 at half time and we need something from the bench. Roofe, Itten double substitution to change it.
This is my team too. I do think Kent needs a rest but maybe it needs to come after the next 2 games.

I'm still at a loss to know why Gerard persists in ignoring JJ. I would imagine that as an ex-Killie player that his experience of the pitch would be a factor in his favour, plus I think Kent needs a rest. But I wouldn't at all be surprised to see JJ riding the bench and Barker, probably, getting playing time.

Jones is going to have no space to run into,tbh it’s a game more suited to Stewart.
No chance will he start though.

Strongest 11 and use the subs if and when we need to. Massive game so don’t want pissing about with back up players.

I see almost everyone has Balogun being replaced by Helander. Why not give Goldson the rest and play Balogun on the right of Helander? Maybe the wrong game to try a new pairing though.

Morelos in for Roofe, he's got a decent record at rugby park.
Helander for Balogun, league is the priority
Jones for Hagi, he knows the pitch and has played well there.

Leaves plenty of firepower on the bench if it's needed.

Mcgregor
Tav Goldson Balogun Barasic
Jack Aribo Kamara
Roofe Morelos Kent

Bolugun for pace on the plastic pitch and he is decent at brining the ball out defence which will be needed due to Killie sitting deep.

Tempted to go with Hagi again as pace not really required against Killie in attack. But went off the boil last night imo.

Sightly surprised so many folk are wanting to see the Jack/Kamara pairing against an ultra defensive team... But I guess depends on how fit Davis will be.

If Roofe is completely over his injury, I'd move him into Hagi's role and bring Alfie, Helander and Aribo in. Can't wait to see both Aribo and Roofe playing together against one of these zero ambition teams

Helander for Balogun
Aribo for Hagi
Morelos for Roofe
Probably start Jack as well but not sure who for

Davis?

He was outstanding again last night, but we need to manage him carefully and not flog him to death.

There’s no way we’re putting Zungu or Bassey in on Sunday unless there’s injuries.

make no mistake, must be the strongest available for Killie game. This is huge. This is the game that will show whether we’ve grown since last year. No fucking about. The only possible change I would say is Jones for his pace and played on that shite pitch for years

Don't see Jones's pace much of an issue against Killie, as they'll defend deep and there will be no space in behind.

Kent, Tav, Arfield and Goldson all got a breather through the international break (thankfully), so I don't see fatigue as an issue.

Probably back to 4-2-3-1 on Sunday, so Kamara and Jack as the holding mids, with Aribo, Arfield and Kent in behind Morelos for me.

I see almost everyone has Balogun being replaced by Helander. Why not give Goldson the rest and play Balogun on the right of Helander? Maybe the wrong game to try a new pairing though.

Goldson gets a rest when Helander and Balogun are away on international duty mate.

He'll be fine.

Massive game, awful pitch where we have a dreadful record. They’ve had a free week and we looked a little tired last night.

That said, we need to crank up the pressure and show we’ve got the mentality to win these games, no more slip ups.

Jones knows the pitch so has to come into contention.

If we are playing 4-2-3-1
_______McGregor
Tav. Goldson. Helander. Barisic
Kamara Jack
Aribo. Hagi. Kent
Morelos

Might not be far away that. He might even start his boy (Barker) :eek: :D Hagi was pretty poor last night but is the type of player who could open up Killie with the low block they will no doubt play. Aribo in the #10 role is more than capable of that bit of magic as well though to be fair.

It's great to have so many good options.

I’m thinking Jones playing on the plastic pitch as he’s used to playing there. But yeah it’s hard to drop Arfield maybe for Aribo and push full backs to wing backs.

Arfield plays well on the plastic and contributes way more with and without the ball than Jones does imo.

Jones is fine if a team comes on to us and can use his pace into space on the counter.

Motherwell at Fir Park was a perfect example.

Killie won't open up like that and we'll need Arfield's movement around the box to open them up.

Id have a front 3 of Barker, Morelos and Jones.
Kent on bench as needs a restas does Hagi us Jones knows the pitch.
Maybe try Zungu in a 3 with 2 from Kamara, Jack and Arfield. Rest Davis
Would also go with Balogun over Helander and even maybe Bassey for Borna
So you don’t want to win!

McGregor in goal

Tavernier/Barisic down the flanks

Goldson/Helander marshalling the back

Jack /Kamara breaking play and moving it forward

Zungu or Arfield /Aribo in the creative and box to box roles, out wide where needed

Roofe / Morelos up front

Give Kent a break for Thurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back