Our chance to get at least 12 points clear of Celtic

If Rangers win all our games Rangers are Champions.

If Daffy duck was a goose he would be called Saffy Goose.

Dont get carried away.
On Sunday Clive T was doing my nut in saying after the mhanks game the league was back in our hands? Wtf mate we had 27 more games and three v them. It was never out of our hands.
We have miles to go- it’s been a great start.
No more than that.

I think someone is looking for some billy big ball posts ,I can barely think about what to have for my dinner today due to my excitement of Sundays game .Let the smellies worry about ifs and buts as every game we win is another dagger to their fragile hearts.
They wanted the extra games because they thought it would be another easy cup win hopefully they suffer more injuries and Hayes scores the winner on the 119th minute

Never look past the next league game. Maximum effort required one game at a time. We go with what we have one game at a time.

You are totally right op. I was thinking the same thing the other day. People say 1 game at a time and I get that but get 3 points on Sunday and it puts us in a fantastic position.

What about the nine league games before that?

One game at a time, 3 points on Sunday is the only target we need to think about at the moment

if we win the old firm games it gives as a decent margin for error in other games. Offcourse it’s one game at a time but with our squad this year there are no excuses for not winning the other games

I've had a good look at the fixture list between now and the next Old Firm game. If we can apply the pressure, keep winning and take advantage of the fact we are playing league matches this weekend and the weekend 19/20th December and Celtic are not as they will probably be playing in the Scottish Cup Final should they beat Aberdeen on Sunday (no guarantee the way they are playing just now)

If we can beat Killie on Sunday and also Motherwell at home in December when that lot should have been playing Livi away, then as long as we match them week in week out and take full advantage the weeks we play and they don't we can go into the next Old Firm game with a 12 point lead over them.

Now I know they would still have 3 games in hand to play and there are plenty other matches from now until then where we could drop points as could they, however none of their games in hand will be crammed in between now and the next Old Firm game. The fixture list in December is already too jam packed and November has the International break.

We just need to be super focused, not repeat the last two seasons tail-off after the winter break and keep on winning. Killie away this weekend is a massive test for us. Get the win this weekend and I'm positive all the rest will come to fruition for us. It is just one game at a time and anything can happen if we lose our concentration.

55 is coming though. I have to believe it is this season. We just look different this year and we have yet to click up front fully.

Calm doon mate.

Sunday will be the big acid test in terms of domestic football. It’s the type of game we’ve dropped points in frequently over the last few years.

We’ll be playing on a garbage pitch against thugs like Alan Power in terrible conditions. These are the games we need to control from start to finish and win.

A win on Sunday and the yahoos are under severe pressure to win every game from now till Christmas. Drop points and we let them back into it.

We can't stress it enough.

Do not let any one of our squad become complacent, as last year showed, it can be costly.

We were ahead of them and stumbled countless times, falling way behind at the tail end of the season.

Two other points goal difference matters, last season we went from being a goal ahead to 18 behind.

The next is the officials, always in the last third of the season they begin to be most controversial.

We need to take it one match at a time and give it 110%, every match should be OUR cup final going forward.
Reverse the mentality.

Might just be me but I'm not worried about Sunday, of course we've slipped up previously there but we always score and I just can't see us conseding against them this time. Comfortable 2-0 win for us is my prediction.

These threads are nuts although it’s nice to let the mind wander.

someone pointed out the other day that we are one league defeat away from having the same start as them. Folk need to calm it.

After the last couple of seasons, I refuse to get ahead of myself this time.

Sunday at Kilmarnock is all that matters.

Exactly, the same guys who had predicted a cricket score last night and we're probably moaning about it being 0-0 at ht.
One look on the match thread at half time would tell you the nutters were out in force as usual!

As others have said, one game at a time. We are in a great place right now but it could go wrong again, quickly. We absolutely will draw and lose games at some point, I absolutely detest this place when that happens, it’s toxic.

Us being 12 points ahead will require celtc to drop points as well in the same period as we are not going to win every game from here to the next old firm game.

Thursday-Sunday games and form are going to have an effect.

Sunday is a massive test to show just how much we've progressed, at a ground that we've previously struggled to get 3 points over the past few seasons.

If yer auntie had baws she'd be yer uncle!

FFS OP take one game at a time. We've got our nose in front and we need to keep it there. Just don't get carried away.

Playing Thursday and Sunday most weeks will have an effect on both teams and points are likely to be dropped.

Killie is a huge game on Sunday - that's our focus, not games the week before Christmas.

Frankly, the guys who are plotting out months in advance and how we'll be X points in time clear by X moment in time will be the first to lose their shit when not everything goes according to plan.

Its crazy thinking further than Kilmarnock.
I can assure you that I personally won't lose my shit if we drop points against Killie as frustrating as it would be and a definite missed opportunity to apply more pressure on them.

I'd consider myself a fairly balanced individual and while I agree with you all that the main focus for the team right now is Killie on Sunday as we have slipped up there before. So I understand the apprehension. On current form though we should be going into this game confident that we can take all 3 points and perform well.

I could equally say don't ever talk about 55 until it has happened otherwise it may never happen.

All I was pointing out is that there are 2 very clear opportunities for us to pile further pressure on them. I did actually say one game at a time myself if you read what I said.

One game at a time
Don’t know how much times this has going too be said, need too look at the next game, take our time, one opponent after another each game, not looking at being 12 points clear or anything.

I really think people are getting carried away, v good start, but if nothing goes our way Sunday, this place is up in flames.

Never look past the next league game. Maximum effort required one game at a time. We go with what we have one game at a time.
If the players and management team look past an opponent that can be counterproductive.

If a fan looks past the next game, what’s the impact? Sweet fa. Or do you honestly believe, like tags who is usually a quality poster, that the OP starting this thread is in anyway connected to the result this weekend?

The fans really don’t need to take the same approach on a football discussion board as the staff do on the training field.

I look forward to the sequel to the Butterfly Effect where Ashton Kutcher has to go back in time to stop a fan posting on a message board so Rangers don’t lose this weekend. o_O

Last edited:
Might just be me but I'm not worried about Sunday, of course we've slipped up previously there but we always score and I just can't see us conseding against them this time. Comfortable 2-0 win for us is my prediction.
Alfie scores for fun against Killie doesn’t he? And must be on a high after last night

These threads are nuts although it’s nice to let the mind wander.

someone pointed out the other day that we are one league defeat away from having the same start as them. Folk need to calm it.
Calm what?
win the weekends they don’t play and match their results otherwise and we would be 12 points ahead. That’s a highly possible and probable scenario.

Its not like he said we could be twenty points ahead if they lose 3 more than us in that period.

Given the two teams are fairly evenly matched in results thus far and we have the opportunity to play 2 more league games than them the odds of us being 12 points ahead at that time are at least evens.

I don’t see much to “calm it” about.

Yes, he could be wrong, but if so, so what? It’s just as likely it could be 15 as 9. Nothing outlandish in his post at all.

I feel the doomsayers who think messageboard posts are in anyway connected to a football result need to “calm it”.

OP...pay attention to Delbert. Stop with your assumptions.
OP ignore delbert. Life’s no fun that way. And remember everyone there is about as much relationship between what you post on a message board and the outcome of a football game as when I go for a shite and what David Beckham decides to have for dinner tonight.

Given that fans forecasting future results has a direct impact of the result in the match have the FF police gone to Rangers media, Gersnet, Twitter etc to make sure no bear posts about upcoming matches.

I don’t want to drop points this weekend because Billy1690 tweeted we’ll go 12 points ahead when we beat Hamilton.

Killie away should never really be a problem for us. However, a horrific pitch and officials who repeatedly allow thugs to kick us black and blue make it difficult. We rarely score an early goal at Rugby Park, which would make life a lot easier.

Threads like this give me the jitters.

Can we not just take a game at a time and concentrate on 3 points in our next one.

I know that any lead we build will put pressure on the tramps but the fact is we only have a three point advantage. Any slip ups are just as damaging to us as they are to them.

C’mon Rangers.

If the players and management team look past an opponent that can be counterproductive.

If a fan looks past the next game, what’s the impact? Sweet fa. Or do you honestly believe, like tags who is usually a quality poster, that the OP starting this thread is in anyway connected to the result this weekend?

The fans really don’t need to take the same approach on a football discussion board as the staff do on the training field.

I look forward to the sequel to the Butterfly Effect where Ashton Kutcher has to go back in time to stop a fan posting on a message board so Rangers don’t lose this weekend. o_O
I prefer to concentrate on the now or enjoy the past. No point in looking ahead, because it hasn’t happened.

And I don’t like to jinx things.

Fail to prepare is prepare to fail. No harm in setting out realistic goals or attainment targets

I am looking forward to the game and don't believe anything I say will in some way affect the scoreline or jinx it in anyway.

We shouldn't be afraid to play Killie based on previous results the last few seasons. I'd feel let down if the players were afraid of them and didn't think they could take all 3 points.

None of us want to be feeling disappointed come 2pm on Sunday. Lessons will hopefully have been learnt by players and the management to prevent another upset. We all want to win this year and I get that people don't like thinking too far ahead.

We are playing Killie not Real Madrid so let's go to Rugby Park on Sunday, pick up 3 points, score a few goals hopefully and go 9 points clear of Celtic. Then maybe you can all think we might be able to do it again against Motherwell if Celtic are in the cup final. We are winners are we not?

Calm what?
win the weekends they don’t play and match their results otherwise and we would be 12 points ahead. That’s a highly possible and probable scenario.

Its not like he said we could be twenty points ahead if they lose 3 more than us in that period.

Given the two teams are fairly evenly matched in results thus far and we have the opportunity to play 2 more league games than them the odds of us being 12 points ahead at that time are at least evens.

I don’t see much to “calm it” about.

Yes, he could be wrong, but if so, so what? It’s just as likely it could be 15 as 9. Nothing outlandish in his post at all.

I feel the doomsayers who think messageboard posts are in anyway connected to a football result need to “calm it”.
Calm doon mate

Calm down John Wayne Killie all that matters , not how many this and that . Do you remember last season .

Theres a poster bricking it seeing his team playing 90 minutes of fitbaw in November when there is a long way to go until May.

Fur fuuk sake.
The only folk bricking it are the ones who can't seem to think beyond the match on Sunday.

If you don't think Gerrard and the backroom staff, analysts, scouts are thinking any further ahead than Killie away you're all bonkers. The players will be kept focused on the game in hand without a doubt. However planning for matches in the future will be researched and worked on weeks beforehand and only passed to the players nearer the time.

Listen I'm sorry I upset most of you by daring to think about potential opportunities for us to really hurt Celtic. One being our next match. I'll mind my place in future, shut up and never think about what could be.

To give you an example, my 30th birthday was on the day of the UEFA Cup final in 2008. Thought to myself wouldn't it be amazing if Rangers got there and we did. Loved every minute of Manchester and the 100's of thousands of Rangers fans that travelled down for it. A little bit of positivity can go a long way.

I've had a good look at the fixture list between now and the next Old Firm game. If we can apply the pressure, keep winning and take advantage of the fact we are playing league matches this weekend and the weekend 19/20th December and Celtic are not as they will probably be playing in the Scottish Cup Final should they beat Aberdeen on Sunday (no guarantee the way they are playing just now)

If we can beat Killie on Sunday and also Motherwell at home in December when that lot should have been playing Livi away, then as long as we match them week in week out and take full advantage the weeks we play and they don't we can go into the next Old Firm game with a 12 point lead over them.

Now I know they would still have 3 games in hand to play and there are plenty other matches from now until then where we could drop points as could they, however none of their games in hand will be crammed in between now and the next Old Firm game. The fixture list in December is already too jam packed and November has the International break.

We just need to be super focused, not repeat the last two seasons tail-off after the winter break and keep on winning. Killie away this weekend is a massive test for us. Get the win this weekend and I'm positive all the rest will come to fruition for us. It is just one game at a time and anything can happen if we lose our concentration.

55 is coming though. I have to believe it is this season. We just look different this year and we have yet to click up front fully.
Jeezo. Don't get ahead of yourself.

With your point on tail off after the winter break I think this year is great, it won’t stop our mine Momentum and there is no break so hopefully we can have a good run after the December period

Last time we spoke out going x amount of points clear we drew with Livi. Need to focus on the next game only.

Reactions: VGM
The only folk bricking it are the ones who can't seem to think beyond the match on Sunday.

If you don't think Gerrard and the backroom staff, analysts, scouts are thinking any further ahead than Killie away you're all bonkers. The players will be kept focused on the game in hand without a doubt. However planning for matches in the future will be researched and worked on weeks beforehand and only passed to the players nearer the time.

Listen I'm sorry I upset most of you by daring to think about potential opportunities for us to really hurt Celtic. One being our next match. I'll mind my place in future, shut up and never think about what could be.

To give you an example, my 30th birthday was on the day of the UEFA Cup final in 2008. Thought to myself wouldn't it be amazing if Rangers got there and we did. Loved every minute of Manchester and the 100's of thousands of Rangers fans that travelled down for it. A little bit of positivity can go a long way.

You were born on the same day as lee McCulloch

Our chance to get 3 points against Kilmarnock, forget about Celtic until they next have a league game then we can look at the gap. At the moment the gap is 6 with us having played 1 game more so I am content with this.

I was listening to talk sport last month when they were discussing West Ham, not one person out of 5 could see them taking a point in their next 6 matches. They have took a lot more then that which just shows you can’t take anything for granted in football.
No point looking further then kilmarnock on sunday.

Back