Retro Kit

There is.

7-F251-F88-A2-D0-4011-AD5-F-B3-C33-CBEBFFF.jpg

any purple ones in store ?

Goddamnit - ordered it online and didn't realise I could've gone to the shop for a long-sleeved version :(

If you can’t afford it don’t buy it
Its not really a difficult concept is it? Nobody is forced to buy this. I'd love an Aston Martin but I can only afford a Seat.:confused: Like the £170 Garcia Rangers Hoodie, its produced because there is a market there for it. Might not suit everybody's wallet, or taste, but the demand is there. This retro kit will sell out - that tells you everything you need to know.

Castore also made it clear early doors that 'limited editions' is something they would go big on. This is just next in what will be a long line I suspect. I like the concept - and I like this top.

I’m perhaps critical of this release as I just don’t see the point in it , won’t make much money for the club with only 10k being released , I also loathe the collar and the shorts are basically the normal home shorts with a different badge .

However I will say this - how outstandingly brilliant does our crest look without the daft stars ? It looks absolutely fantastic and shows what we have been missing . I’d genuinely say our badge is the best one on the planet .

I hope this is the club hinting towards next season the stars permanently being moved to the collar . Our iconic badge needs no addons .

Football tops cost next to nothing to produce. At £68 a pop there's a huge profit margin even if they are only making 10,000.

Football tops cost next to nothing to produce. At £68 a pop there's a huge profit margin even if they are only making 10,000.
So the total income is £680000. How much of that goes to Castore and how much do the club get ? I’m not a businessman but I reckon the club will be lucky to see £100k . Now yes money is still money and can’t be sniffed at , but it seems crazy to have limited It to just 10k tops for sale. To put into perspective we won £570,000 for one win last night in the europa league .

Am I mssing something ? We never had a shirt like that, it seems a combination of two styles.
The 'blurb' makes it clear that the design is drawn from a number of different kits and combined into this concept.

The shirts carry a large, woven scroll crest as a tribute to the classic kits that were worn in the 60s and 70s – in particular, the famous plain blue kit with a large scroll crest that was worn on that legendary night in Barcelona in 1972. As a nod to our more recent success, the five stars which represent the club’s “First to Fifty” league titles achievement have been subtly placed on the back of the shirt and shorts.

The outfield shirt features a traditional collar which is reminiscent of the styles worn by some of the club’s earliest heroes such as David Meiklejohn and Alan Morton plus more recent Rangers Hall of Fame inductees such as Davie Cooper and Derek Parlane.

What games would these be worn in given you have to register shirts prior to season beginning for league games?

Scottish cup?

So the total income is £680000. How much of that goes to Castore and how much do the club get ? I’m not a businessman but I reckon the club will be lucky to see £100k . Now yes money is still money and can’t be sniffed at , but it seems crazy to have limited It to just 10k tops for sale. To put into perspective we won £570,000 for one win last night in the europa league .
How much money do you think Rangers make from the Rangers version of the Garcia Hoodie? Peanuts in the grand scheme of things. Its produced because there is a demand there for that sort of product, not simply as a money-maker. Same with this shirt - and the future limited editions we will see from Castore. They are/will be produced because the punters will snap them up.

They could have not produced them and received 0.

I'm no businessman either but I think we'd be getting a fair bit more than 100k of a 680k profit.

I’m perhaps critical of this release as I just don’t see the point in it , won’t make much money for the club with only 10k being released , I also loathe the collar and the shorts are basically the normal home shorts with a different badge .

However I will say this - how outstandingly brilliant does our crest look without the daft stars ? It looks absolutely fantastic and shows what we have been missing . I’d genuinely say our badge is the best one on the planet .

I hope this is the club hinting towards next season the stars permanently being moved to the collar . Our iconic badge needs no addons .

It sticks another 500k in the Castore coffers to cover the overhead. While the collar on it isn't for me either, it's a good marketing sale rather than just releasing a standard Rangers T-shirt that might not sell as much.

They're possibly also using it as a tool to gauge the interest for something similar next year.

How much money do you think Rangers make from the Rangers version of the Garcia Hoodie? Peanuts in the grand scheme of things. Its produced because there is a demand there for that sort of product, not simply as a money-maker. Same with this shirt - and the future limited editions we will see from Castore. They are/will be produced because the punters will snap them up.
For me they should be concentrating on less items done better , a principle which they themselves said was core to their ethos as a company . Instead it just seems a plethora of items rushed out , is there a need for four kits , three different walk out zippers , jumpers , half a dozen different training items ?

All I’m saying is less is more , stop and take a deep breath and give us three excellent, top quality kits for next season . Forget all the tat and how many items can we release , we are only what four months into the Castore deal ?

A fundamental point you mention here is that this kit hasn’t been released to make money - what then is the actual point of it ? Regardless of what you think of the kit, what is the reason for it if not to make money for the club ?

They could have not produced them and received 0.

I'm no businessman either but I think we'd be getting a fair bit more than 100k of a 680k profit.
680k is the sales not the profit . Costs still need to come off of that then Castore cut then we get our percentage .

The 'blurb' makes it clear that the design is drawn from a number of different kits and combined into this concept.

The shirts carry a large, woven scroll crest as a tribute to the classic kits that were worn in the 60s and 70s – in particular, the famous plain blue kit with a large scroll crest that was worn on that legendary night in Barcelona in 1972. As a nod to our more recent success, the five stars which represent the club’s “First to Fifty” league titles achievement have been subtly placed on the back of the shirt and shorts.

The outfield shirt features a traditional collar which is reminiscent of the styles worn by some of the club’s earliest heroes such as David Meiklejohn and Alan Morton plus more recent Rangers Hall of Fame inductees such as Davie Cooper and Derek Parlane.

Other than rugby style shirts, I can't see how the 2 players above can be associated with what we've released today.

For me they should be concentrating on less items done better , a principle which they themselves said was core to their ethos as a company . Instead it just seems a plethora of items rushed out , is there a need for four kits , three different walk out zippers , jumpers , half a dozen different training items ?

All I’m saying is less is more , stop and take a deep breath and give us three excellent, top quality kits for next season . Forget all the tat and how many items can we release , we are only what four months into the Castore deal ?

A fundamental point you mention here is that this kit hasn’t been released to make money - what then is the actual point of it ? Regardless of what you think of the kit, what is the reason for it if not to make money for the club ?
It was only the other day we had a couple of threads on here bemoaning the fact that we couldn't buy as wide a range of Rangers goods as we could back in the 'good old days' ha ha.:)

The logic of your last para seems to be we should produce the Home, Away and Third kits - and absolutely nothing else - because its only them that will be the big sellers that brings in the money.

Its fine for you to not fancy the shirt, but many like it, will buy it and will be pleased to strut around wearing it. If it makes those Rangers fans happy what's not to like about it?

I don't know what's funnier. The greeting faced c*nts who are complaining about being ripped off when they're not going to buy it anyway or the greeting faced c*nts who just can't accept that not everyone wants to masturbate furiously over it :))

I do like seeing the crest without the stars but other than that personally it's fairly average.

A beauty. Have my money. Order confirmed.

Limited number of 10,000 so doesn't sound like there will be re-prints.

Anyone bought one in store who can advise on the fit/sizing?
I am a medium in the Hummel shirts but not sure of the castore sizing. Ordered a medium on line for this retro top and now having second thoughts!

I think it looks great, preferring the short sleeve.

It doesn’t feel as temporary as a team shirt, but more like a polo shirt or t-shirt.

Like a handful of others you seem to be struggling with the concept that the design is an amalgamation, and a nod to, a variety of past strips. :) Its not a replica of them.

No idea how some are finding that so difficult to grasp.:confused:

I'm not struggling to understand a concept, I just don't get naming specific players who didn't wear anything that resembles what we've produced.

Back