An opportunity to go 9 points clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the big test due to messing it up last season when we had the chance to put them under serious pressure.
3 points would increase the pressure massively and the tramps will get on their case even more.

Biggest game of the season so far.

In terms of mentality, questions about can Rangers put a long winning run together, can we get a important win on a shambles of a pitch? Can they take the opportunity to go X clear of the poets?

All questions that have haunted Gerrard since his arrival. Sunday is absolutely huge.

These games against 10 man defences on plastic come down to one thing - getting a goal. It'll be a struggle, just need to make sure we take at least one of our chances. Hopefully Alfie's got his mojo back after last night.

Why do people want Jones and Barker? Their best asset is their pace, and Killie are bound to be sitting back. Aribo would be better for breaking down the defence if Hagi is to be dropped.

Sunday feels massive in the context of putting pressure on them and our terrible record on that pitch. Can’t see Roofe being risked on the pitch, I would go with Jones, Kent and Morelos the front three.

Why do people want Jones and Barker? Their best asset is their pace, and Killie are bound to be sitting back. Aribo would be better for breaking down the defence if Hagi is to be dropped.

Do we not tend to use Aribo as the advanced midfielder rather than in the front three, certainly this season?

I think he’s more effective there.

Real test for us in lots of ways.

on paper, should be a routine 3 points.

In reality, a venue we’ve struggled at, with the unique pressure of being able to go 9 points ahead.

I’ll take 3 points any which they come. If we play our game, we should win comfortably.

After watching the game at the tattiedome, I can confidently say this will be our toughest league game of the season. 3 points here will be massive

I think people are just overthinking it because we’ve played so poorly there for so long. Like I said it’s more like the build up for a trip to the Allianz as opposed to Rugby Park.

Our players will know what’s at stake and therefore should approach it with zero complacency

If we score early we will run over the top of that mob,it’s if we struggle to get an early strike,I feel we start to panic a bit.

Can't agree that Hagi has been mince but I'd bring in Aribo in his place.
His previous game was excellent, last night was not good enough for me.

He was mince at the beginning of the season. Recently he has been better and in some matches excellent.

Given the pitch, the rugby-football tactics of your powers and your dickers and the importance of the win I would bench Hagi for this one (he was an ironed on starter for me last night but failed to flourish).

Biggest game of the season so far.

In terms of mentality, questions about can Rangers put a long winning run together, can we get a important win on a shambles of a pitch? Can they take the opportunity to go X clear of the poets?

All questions that have haunted Gerrard since his arrival. Sunday is absolutely huge.
Biggest game, until the next one right. ;)

Just has more assists than anyone else in the team, but yeah... mince o_O
Boyd scored more goals than anyone, still gets pelters .

Hagi has not been mince all season. Was definitely mince in games early in the season. His last performance wasn’t good enough. His previous match to that he was a motm contender. He’s up and down currently. Mince does not describe his season, not at all (could describe some of his early performances though).

I think people are just overthinking it because we’ve played so poorly there for so long. Like I said it’s more like the build up for a trip to the Allianz as opposed to Rugby Park.
I know what you are saying. Logically it should be a comfortable win 9 times out of 10. Emotionally, looking at the big picture, I’ll take any win, any way it comes.

Last edited:
Keep thinking of what happened to Jamie Murphy on the Kilmarnock surface.
Don't need to lose anyone for a season.
Certain players will need to judged on their injury history
I would bench Roofe and Hagi for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back