Retro Kit

Smart looking kits.

Still not buying anything until they have sons size though. Disappointing but saving me potentially.

Like that retro strip. It’s a sort of composte of the fifties rugby type collar and the classic ‘Jim Baxter’ sixties v- neck.

On sizing, a 44" chest is just above their chest size for a Men's Adult Large (109cms/43") but miles below their chest size for a Men's Adults Extra Large (117cms/46").

Anyone know if their Large size is generous enough to fit a 44" chest or are their shirts generally on the tight side?

My third kit for this season is similar sizing to the Hummel shirts to be honest. Maybe with a bit more tapering in the stomach area.

For me, the shirts are generally on the tight side. I'm normally a "large" in Polo shirts, but the "Extra large" fits me well and I don't think I would get into a "Large".

Like that retro strip. It’s a sort of composite of the fifties rugby type collar and the classic ‘Jim Baxter’ sixties v- neck.
Personally, think they should have gone with one or the other. The Collar itself isn't like the classic rugby collar, the last home shirt we wore under Walter was more accurate in that sense. This is obviously more modern, but I would have went one or the other and done them as they were.

That top is the best top that has been produced in a very, very long time.

But, there is absolutely no way in the world I would pay that kind of money for a football top.

I'll wait a few months and get it half price.

But, there is absolutely no way in the world I would pay that kind of money for a football top.

Not sure you will get one mate, 10k made. I reckon the majority will go

Its a Limited Edition of 10,000 - and will most probably sell out.

My third kit for this season is similar sizing to the Hummel shirts to be honest. Maybe with a bit more tapering in the stomach area.

For me, the shirts are generally on the tight side. I'm normally a "large" in Polo shirts, but the "Extra large" fits me well and I don't think I would get into a "Large".
That's my dilemma. I agree a Large is probably going to be just a little on the small side - but worry the Extra Large is going to drown me. Can't compare it to previous years sizing's because I haven't had a football top in about 12 years! This one has got me hooked though.

Absolutely stunning, it's the badge that does it.
We really should petition the club to keep the badge the way it should be, without the stars.
After seeing the top today, have to say I agree. Nothing should divert the gaze from what to me is one of the best club crests out there.

Nipped over to shop at lunch and picked up a long sleeve one for £70. All the rails looked full.

Also really good to see other merchandise in the shop now, glasses, cups, wallets, badges etc. As well as programmes for last night's game.
Long Sleeved :O that would look magnificent

medium is 103cm, large is 109cm chest size what is that in inches?
109cms (Large) is about 43 inches mate. 103cms (Medium) is about 40 inches.

I'm a 44" chest and suspect that would be a little too tight in the Large - but the Extra Large is nearer 46" and might drown me. Pain in the arse.

Is Glasgow open these days? Did not fancy buying anything online after all the nonsense last time with quality/sizing/delays etc. Like the strip a bit of a journey though from Dumfries.

Nipped over to shop at lunch and picked up a long sleeve one for £70. All the rails looked full.

Also really good to see other merchandise in the shop now, glasses, cups, wallets, badges etc. As well as programmes for last night's game.
Have you gone for the same size in the retro shirt that you've gone for other Castore gear?

109cms (Large) is about 43 inches mate. 103cms (Medium) is about 40 inches.

I'm a 44" chest and suspect that would be a little too tight in the Large - but the Extra Large is nearer 46" and might drown me. Pain in the arse.
Cheers ordering stuff online is a mission, i got two exact same dress shirts same label size different colours from the same company, one fitted perfectly one was way too small, how can that happen?

Ordered.
It's a cracker.
Delighted the Club are coming up with new ideas throughout the season and not just lumping it all out in one go.
Keeps the money coming into the Club with fresh new items.
Well done to all involved, especially keeping it quiet.

Both kits are really sharp. I would imagine this will be the first in a long line of retro kits outwith the Anniversary Season.

Plenty of options to produce in our history including ones with a V-neck collar.

Just bought myself an XL. First replica type top I've bought in over 15 years. I honestly thought I wouldn't be giving any cash to castore as their leisure wear is pretty poor, this looks stunning.

That's my dilemma. I agree a Large is probably going to be just a little on the small side - but worry the Extra Large is going to drown me. Can't compare it to previous years sizing's because I haven't had a football top in about 12 years! This one has got me hooked though.

Ah, word of warning then, the Castore tops are so much slimmer in the middle than any top from a decade ago.

I fit into my Large Northern Ireland away Umbro top from a few years ago and could fit 90% of me in my Addidas Northern Ireland XL top but the Hummel and Castore tops XL fit me relatively well, but after a few tins and a heavy dinner it gets a wee bit tight in the middle

Is this strip going to be wore by the players for a game? Not buying it if it’s just some ‘fan kit’ like last season’s all back one.

On a side note, does anyone remember the pink charity kit we released during the Division 3 season? Never got wore once and I don’t think I saw any fans wear it either.

Back