Castore and Newcastle.

They aren’t exactly the most honest tho are they? The shirts released are of shocking quality, they then made up some rotten lie of a story on pro shirts (that have still never been released)
Something stinks
They've had some teething problems without a doubt.

Market forces at play. They said they wanted to get a EPL team next season. Newcastle are a good club to be your 1st down there. Big passionate support. As simple as that. Let's face it they weren't going to go in and get a Liverpool or Chelsea. Was going to be tier or 2 down and Newcastle are a better get than Burnley,Southampton etc.
Totally. Huge club and massive support who all buy the gear like us. Good bit of business for them.

They aren’t exactly the most honest tho are they? The shirts released are of shocking quality, they then made up some rotten lie of a story on pro shirts (that have still never been released)
HOF and Sports Direct had them in store for sale before Castore could deliver a pre order.
Listen I’m sure I’m wrong - but my gut feeling suggest something else
Please stop posting garbage on this thread, it's been explained to you multiple times.

That is not garbage - that is 100% the way it went down.
The pro shirt story was lies and the pro shirt has still never been released.
You know fine well that SD get a small amount of wholesale merch as part of their agreement not to match.

This has been repeatedly explained to you but you continue to post your nonsense theories about SD.

Its genuinely not difficult to understand.

You know fine well that SD get a small amount of wholesale merch as part of their agreement not to match.

This has been repeatedly explained to you but you continue to post your nonsense theories about SD.

Its genuinely not difficult to understand.
Nothing has been repeatedly explained to me at all - perhaps on this forum but not to me multiple times, talking nonsense.
I have explained it’s my gut feeling and a open forum is where you can express that opinion.
I do not trust Castore and the blatant petulant lies they have spouted backs that up for me.

Last edited:
Castore really are doing their best to make a right royal mess of things once again, of all the bloody clubs to get into bed with, they choose Newcastle. As with the Spivs, it most certainly feels like money means more to them, than our club.

Castore really are doing their best to make a right royal mess of things once again, of all the bloody clubs to get into bed with, they choose Newcastle. As with the Spivs, it most certainly feels like money means more to them, than our club.
Ffs @EndOfDays will smash his laptop/phone reading this - angry guy!!
I agree with you - I just don’t trust them after the ridiculous lies.

Newcastle would appear to the type of club any manufacturer would want to get involved with.
Castore are not a hostage of Rangers, we are merely another customer.
Surely as long as our deal gives our club its due, then what Castore do with other customers is their business?
The problems with quality is another matter, but Castore have every right to deal with Newcastle, surely?
I think adding 2+2 to make any assumption that suits some of our more suspicious minds may be dangerous at this stage.

Newcastle would appear to the type of club any manufacturer would want to get involved with.
Castore are not a hostage of Rangers, we are merely another customer.
Surely as long as our deal gives our club its due, then what Castore do with other customers is their business?
The problems with quality is another matter, but Castore have every right to deal with Newcastle, surely?
I think adding 2+2 to make any assumption that suits some of our more suspicious minds may be dangerous at this stage.
For what Ashley and the Spivs did to us, all I'm saying is, Castore should've been far more sensitive in relation to that, but no. Can see that fat scumbag Ashley sitting there with a smug smile on his face once again. Sorry, but that doesn't sit comfortably with me.

This is really unfair, Newcastle are a good club that will help them grow their business.

As long as it has no impact on us then we really have no right to complain, there is no valid reason to believe that it will.

Ffs @EndOfDays will smash his laptop/phone reading this - angry guy!!
I agree with you - I just don’t trust them after the ridiculous lies.

I don't like the fact, that they should know our feelings towards Ashley and anything to do with his club, but no, money as I've said seems more important. We have single handedly put them on the manufacturing football map and this is their next move. Beggars belief in all honesty.

This is really unfair, Newcastle are a good club that will help them grow their business.

As long as it has no impact on us then we really have no right to complain, there is no valid reason to believe that it will.
Call me old fashioned, but if someone goes out their way to hinder your progress after you have been well and truly f--ed over, I most certainly reserve the right to question anyone associating themselves with that person or organisation.

Call me old fashioned, but if someone goes out their way to hinder your progress after you have been well and truly f--ed over, I most certainly reserve the right to question anyone associating themselves with that person or organisation.
SD vs Rangers was essentially a proxy war between Ashley and Dave King.

We are completely free of SD, Castore are free to do whatever they want aslong as it doesn't impact us

Hang on a minute. Something is not right. That fat lady's front bottom is still lingering about like a bad smell.

SD vs Rangers was essentially a proxy war between Ashley and Dave King.

We are completely free of SD, Castore are free to do whatever they want aslong as it doesn't impact us
Exactly, but goodness ,why did they go in with them, so soon after the way Ashley tried his best to cripple us. Another bad move as far as Castore are concerned.

Exactly, but goodness ,why did they go in with them, so soon after the way Ashley tried his best to cripple us. Another bad move as far as Castore are concerned.
They haven't "gone with them"

They are in talks and it apparently depends on a change of ownership

Firstly , glad you acknowledge the concern.
However
Mike Ashley has/had interests in two British football clubs.
Castore have interests in two British football clubs.
Mike Ashley owns sportswear brands , Castore are a sportswear brand.
Life is full of coincidenseces
I think fatty owns Oldham as well mate

For what Ashley and the Spivs did to us, all I'm saying is, Castore should've been far more sensitive in relation to that, but no. Can see that fat scumbag Ashley sitting there with a smug smile on his face once again. Sorry, but that doesn't sit comfortably with me.
Maybe, I don't know.
At this stage as far as we know, what in particular gives him the reason for any smugness?

Maybe, I don't know.
At this stage as far as we know, what in particular gives him the reason for any smugness?
Goodness bilkobear this is so obvious and you know it. Newcastle, him and our feelings towards him, the exact reasons for smugness.

As long as this dosn't effect us, and I don't see how it can, then I have no issue with this.

Castore have said all along they wanted a premiership team. How many premiership teams are looking for a new kit manufacurer this year?

The bigger teams won't touch them as they are in multi million pound deals with addidas, Nike.

So it makes perfect sense from their point of view to try for a club like Newcastle who sell loads of shirts each season. We can't expect them to turn their nose up at a big money deal because we don't like one of the people involved unfortunately.

Agree it is good if Rangers are raking it but as your user name is Gramps I would presume that like me you would look stupid in a replica shirt the rest of their pricing is double most retailers and I would rahter spend my monet in other ways in no way is it a pile of shite it is an opinion and I would wager I soend a fair bit for Rangers over the last 50 years shares debentures travel tickets I have the right to chose how I spend my dough and after the last 8 years will be wary of those who seek out the gullible
You've been told already! Keep your money and stop boring us with your pish.

Ashley’s stink all over it.

We have suffered too much to blame things on coincidences.

We were assured Castore would not be involved with SD/Ashley. That changed quickly when SD had the shirts before we did.

Now they’re sponsoring his clubs shirts. Hmmm. Two pretty big coincidences.

It’s a coincidence. But given everything we have been through, these types of coincidences get the spidey senses tingling.

my major concern is that castore couldn’t meet our demands, despite all their bluster. This will add further demand on their supply chain.

I wonder if there are any conspiracy theories on the Newcastle forums that Dave King has pulled a few strings to get Castore to f**k up the supply of Newcastle kits and make Ashley look bad...

Would make as much sense as some as the theories already on this thread.

Why would he feel smug because we’re both involved with Castore? He’s got no direct contact or influence over our deal.

The reaction to this is silly.
Supporter used to have hissy fits about the joint shirt sponsorship deal we had with them and I found that reaction to be a bit silly.

At that time, they never hindered our progress as a football club in the way Ashley certainly has. And to that extent I find Castore's connection with Newcastle at this present time to be one of an insensitive nature.

We the supporters have put Castore on the footballing merchandise map and this is their way of showing their appreciation towards us.

Another bad management move by Castore, but as long as they are raking it in at our expense, I doubt that they will be bothered.

A bit weird but seemingly nothing more than coincidence.

Castore and the club have told us all multiple times that Ashley has no direct or indirect involvement with Castore, so I'm not sure how this affects us in any way.

I know people are pissed off at some of the service of Castore so far, but it's patently obvious that it's a great financial deal for us so it's only natural that other clubs will be considering them too. Newcastle won't be the last.

Back