Players who didn't score at Ibrox

Weiss is a classic example of people over-hyping is suitability for us based on how much he gives it big licks in celebrations and wind-ups. A very average player if you ask me.
Average or not he would run Amok in this poor league

Frank de boer?
Dodoo?
Scot Wilson?
Karl Svenson?
Dale Gordon?
Paul Rideout?

Bit random with names but I’ve had a few

No hat-trick but scored in league cup.
Was christian nerlinger that got a hat-trick with ostenstad scoring his first goal i think.

People always get them mixed up for some reason.

Another one ive noticed is people always seem to think ivan sproule scored a hat-trick against us in the Scottish cup when it was in the league

Remember pissing myself when he ended up our furthest guy up the pitch in a counter attack during an Old Firm game, just thinking how did he end up there as it was so unusual for him.

Miss Old Firm games like that, sending offs, loads of chances at both ends & most importantly Gers winning.

His run is 7:20 into video, I tried to add time to URL but seemed to be lost when I posted message. Whole video is good to watch anyhow as was a cracking game with lots of meaty tackles and Lauders ripping the pish out of their defence

And especially - we miss Laudrup. Outstanding player. You had his immense skill, coupled with the Ferguson as a set of baws in the middle. You never feared going to the pigsty with such a team.

Sir Dunc, this is a great quiz question (which I would like to pinch...) - do you actually have a definitive list...? Am thinking there must be hunners on it...

Was christian nerlinger that got a hat-trick with ostenstad scoring his first goal i think.

Another one ive noticed is people always seem to think ivan sproule scored a hat-trick against us in the Scottish cup when it was in the league
Nerlinger left before Ostenstad, but he scored in his first 3 games in different competitions.…

Nerlinger left before Ostenstad came but he scored in his first 2 games.

He did score at Ibrox, but Dougie Gray played 851 competitive games for Rangers and only scored 1 goal at The Stadium. He scored it in 1930 versus Morton then played for the club a further 17 years and never scored again.

Back