Funny moments watching Rangers

Ricksen

The 2008 league cup final still has me giggling whenever I rewatch it. Hunt acting like he cured cancer when he opened the scoring, Kerr deciding to simply pass the ball to Boyd, Ally celebrating our 2nd and Boyds big face in the camera. DeVries was absolutely beeling. It’s schadenfreude I know but it’s still funny.

Yours?

Gascoigne picking up Dougie Smith's yellow card and booking him v Hibs at Ibrox when he returned it a 30 seconds later. Hilarious.

ps. Unless you were the tosser ref who then booked him for....hmmm not sure really!

It always amuses me watching it back that the ref actually goes to his pocket to get the card out and book Gazza, he then realises he’s got it in his hand:D

I was at a game v them at the piggery and Gordan Pteric made an arse of a pass which led to a chance for them

Guy next to me was apopleptic with rage and shouted "Haw Petric, see you! Youre nuthin but a....a.....a...Petric bastard"

I was in stitches

Last year during another grim performance at Ibrox (I can’t remember who it was against) but ball gets hit into Copland end and a boy grabs it and makes a sprint for the exit. Made me laugh.

Playing the mentally challengeds in the new year game 1995.

6 weeks after the Raith Rovers cup win and
McStay having “McStay missed a penalty” sung at him for a solid 15 minutes whilst he warmed up before the match and him trying desperately not to react.

He eventually did the pretend yawn and hand to face thing.

Aye Paul, you’re not fussed :D

Super Ally during the time he was on the bench and know as the Judge.
Was warming up doing stretches when someone from enclouser shouts out.
"Is that you working the skelfs out yer arse"
Ally turned round laughing and gave the guy an applause.

Playing the unwashed, ball goes out for a throw in front of the east enclosure, a bear in the front row catches it as di fanio comes storming over gesticulating wildly and demanding the ball back.
Cool as you like the guy holds the ball in one hand while giving the "Mon then" signal with the other, cue a short stand off before howls of laughter and derision as the brave Italian warrior shites it and backs off.
Anybody else remember this?

When I was younger I sat near a guy who wouldn't say anything at all until we played Kilmarnock and Pat Nevin was on the park. Then he'd just occassionaly scream at him throughout the game in a big, booming and quite posh voice "NEVIN....... I'M GOINY BURN DOWN YOUR HOME!"

Bizarre stuff.

Fergie rattling a mentally challenged full force with the ball,right in the kisser,at the Paul Gadd arena.
Also the title winning game 3-0 at the Jimmy Saville Shelter, where they where imploding that much, that a lady's front bottom was hurting that bad that he tried to end it by jumping hehe off of the top tier, I think it was.
Now that had me in fucking knots.

Gascoigne picking up Dougie Smith's yellow card and booking him v Hibs at Ibrox when he returned it a 30 seconds later. Hilarious.

ps. Unless you were the tosser ref who then booked him for....hmmm not sure really!

dougie retired from my work recently, asked before he left why he did it and hit with the usual referee patter 'cant talk about football games as i still work with the sfa' hahahah

Mark Walters penalty when we beat them 3-0 in 1990, Bonner got a hand to the ball and there was a delayed reaction before it went in, another one which took an age to go in, all the poets were up celebrating and the ball then spun up and into the net. Hilarious.

Big centre half for Kilmarnock (think it was Simon Ford) falling on his arse about 25 yards out after he’d given the ball away to Kris Boyd. Can’t remember member if Boyd went on to score.

More recently, during the Hibs game recently someone blootered the ball right off Efe Ambrose’s face. Got a few laughs in the pub I was in

Celtc's Owen Archdeacon almost bursting into tears with the abuse he was getting at Ibrox. He came on as a sub and was pretending to be injured in order to be replaced. :D

Game back in 60s when half the players on the park and the referee all looking for a contact lens that belonged to Willie Henderson.

When I was younger I sat near a guy who wouldn't say anything at all until we played Kilmarnock and Pat Nevin was on the park. Then he'd just occassionaly scream at him throughout the game in a big, booming and quite posh voice "NEVIN....... I'M GOINY BURN DOWN YOUR HOME!"

Bizarre stuff.

We had a guy like that in front who fucking detested Wullie Young the ref.

Mild mannered and polite applause for every other game but when Young was the ref it was fantastic to watch.

He absolutely must have banged his wife.

We must have been the only people to cheer when you saw he was the ref in the programme on the way up to the stadium. :D

Home game vs them, de canio chases a ball through the middle of our defence and is called offside.

Ball trickles to Goram, de canio turns back toward the half way line. Goram fires the ball back to where the free kick should be taken and it raps de canio off the back of the head. De canio goes mental.

Ball trickles to Goram again, de canio turns back toward the half way line. Goram again fires the ball back to where the free kick should be taken and again it raps de canio off the back of the head. De canio goes mental .... again.

I think I post this story once a year.

Home game vs them, de canio chases a ball through the middle of our defence and is called offside.

Ball trickles to Goram, de canio turns back toward the half way line. Goram fires the ball back to where the free kick should be taken and it raps de canio off the back of the head. De canio goes mental.

Ball trickles to Goram again, de canio turns back toward the half way line. Goram again fires the ball back to where the free kick should be taken and again it raps de canio off the back of the head. De canio goes mental .... again.

Worth it tho mate. Di Canio. Fergie's still waiting for you!!!!!!

Andy Walker warming up, gives Mark Walters a load of verbal as he's placing the ball to take a corner.
Walters scores direct from the corner and races off up the touchline celebrating, leaving us in the Govan front red section to give Walker an absolute roasting until he sloped off back to their bench

The match thread on here when someone was in the directors box at the Piggery with one of the worst wigs you’ll ever see. Was pishing myself till they scored to spoil the fun

Game at Ibrox against the reptiles, we won 2-1 with two first-half goals from Miller.

I was in the Govan West corner so in prime position to hurl abuse at those fucking scumbags for 90 minutes. Derry's Walls is getting sung and in-between renditions this wee guy who had been fairly sedate up to this point turns round to the rest of the stand, face puce with rage, eyes about bulging out of his head, jabbing his finger towards the Broomloan and absolutely bellowing "SING THEM SLOWER! THEY HAVE TO HEAR!!"

Laugh every time I think about it, he was right too. Rats.

Went to a fairly uneventful game at Dens park midweek . For some reason the Rangers support started on the young Tosh McKinlay. It started to get to him and the harder he tried the worse he got , the worse he got the Louder the abuse. Must have been about a twenty minute period where nobody was bothered about the score they just wanted McKinlay to get the ball.

An Andy Double.

Mcstay being hit by a coin thrown ftom the jungle area which was aimed at Dale Gordon in a NY game at the old pigsty, scared his monobrow iirc

Midweek game at McDiarmid, if I remember rightly. Sitting behind the end we were shooting into. We get a free kick. Big Amo demands the ball. Most of us will remember what his free kicks were like... guy a couple of rows in front with his kids shouts "haw Amo, watch the weans!" Cue everyone else starting to shout the same "Haw Amo, watch the weans, watch the weans!!" and pointing at them.... the players from both sides could hear it and were pishing themselves. From memory it turned out we were right to be concerned about the safety of folk behind the goals....!

Reactions: STU
Friendly against Sheff Wed ( possibly Durrant’s testimonial?) ball goes out of play near the Goavn/Copland corner, Craig Moore comes to collect it and a guy in front shouts “ Oz gonnae smash that cnut Di Canio?” Sure enough Moore goes through him first chance he gets then looks over and winks at the guy in the stand. Made the game for me

Love Street, the game Sandy Robertson scored. First aid lady running to attend to someone only to fall her full length on the ash that surrounded the pitch. Brought some laughs from the terracing behind the goal.

Cant believe nobodys mentioned it yet (unless im blind)

When we won the league in 7 minutes at Killie, the boy jumping out the stands fully dressed complete with mask as Walter Smith, Craig Thomson had to do a double take !!:D

Damn I came on to mention "Walter Smith guy" :D An absolute classic.

The Bougherra wink in (IIRC) the Edu last minute game was fantastic too. The poets were apopleptic :D

2013-14 up at Forfar, fairly well packed crowd behind the goals parting like the red sea as some bloke was projectile vomiting gallons upon gallons of drink all over the terrace.

Just stood there in awe of this incredible seemingly endless fountain of overindulgence.

Parkhead 2009 the McCulloch header game - they wheeled out that Olly Murs at HT as a 'celebrity fan' only for him to be greeted chants of one Joe McElderry from the Rangers end.

For context, Murs was the runner up and McElderry the x-factor winner. Pretty apt that they wheel out a runner-up if I say so myself.

About 84 or 85 Dave McPherson went on a mazy run, curled a shot past Rough in the Hibs goal and turns away,arms raised in celebration. Unfortunately the ball hits the post. Laughter all round, especially as we won 2-1.​
Got in late to Love St once just as Ally scored. We were down at the front and Ally's up at the wall, arms spread, giving it "what a goal", and everyone giving it gtf etc, winding him up

Latest posts

Back