Contact made for Docherty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody underwhelmed?

Nobody moaning it's just a Hamilton Accies player?

No "we don't need another midfielder"?

What's happened to this place?

I'm not usually for targeting Scottish based players but Docherty is a cracking player with genuine qualities.

A player who at 21 has probably played 100 first team games, possesses attibutes not one of our midfielders have and is a Rangers supporter.

I've watched him since he thrashed that effort home against Dundee United. Strong, energetic, athletic. He won't be bullied, he drives with the ball, in your face, creative, can slip through a pass, arrive in the box, hit the net...

I know FF rates McGinn - Docherty is younger, he's better and he will be playing in the English Premiership one day. Then he opens his mouth and it's a genuine lad who speaks well, head screwed on and comes across as a bright young lad.

The one signing I wanted.

I'm not usually for targeting Scottish based players but Docherty is a cracking player with genuine qualities.

A player who at 21 has probably played 100 first team games, possesses attibutes not one of our midfielders have and is a Rangers supporter.

I've watched him since he thrashed that effort home against Dundee United. Strong, energetic, athletic. He won't be bullied, he drives with the ball, in your face, creative, can slip through a pass, arrive in the box, hit the net...

I know FF rates McGinn - Docherty is younger, he's better and he will be playing in the English Premiership one day. Then he opens his mouth and it's a genuine lad who speaks well, head screwed on and comes across as a bright young lad.

The one signing I wanted.
You've just given me a stauncher

Read that they are after about 600k for him. That is a tremendous price for someone of his quality and potential.

just read that price, for the age and talent first thoughts are is it even worth haggling, with Cardiff sniffing around hope we act fast and get this done

After Hamilton at Ibrox he headed for the Louden rather than head back on their team bus.

With Holt and Jack in his back pocket.

2nd half he won a 60/40 challenge in Jack's favour, put him on his arse, drove and battered a strike down Foderingham's throat.

Not long after he broke from our midfield, delivered a ball and we were 2-0 down.

I bet if you were to ask Jack and Holt who the toughest midfielder they have faced this season was, Docherty would be their choice.

The last time I was excited about a Scottish midfielder were the days of Brown and Thomson at Hibs.

Will be a good signing if we can pull it off. Knows the league, has plenty of experience and only 21.

Like the idea of Barjonas going on loan as a sweetener.
I would be surprised if Barjonas went to Accies on loan. They are fighting relegation so won't chance an untried youngster, no matter his potential.

Powerful kid, thighs like Roberto Carlos!
I think we land a special player here that really adds a steel we've not had for years in midfield.

I think McCrorie is going to go back to centre half, we will have Docherty, Jack , McCrorie and Dorrans all fighting for 2 positions if we play 4 2 3 1

I cant see where everyone fits in but its a good problem to have.

Yip. Me too.
Cummings would be a really smart piece of business if the money was right.
I rate this lad.
Even when I watched him out of position for Forest, I still saw the qualities.
He is, of course, a striker, a certain type of striker, not a Morelos.
He doesn't go head to head with defenders, instead, he is a sneaky assassin, a player who steals the space created by others, a blind-sider who nips in unsuspected, and a finisher who scores from situations that defenders haven't spotted.
In short, surely a perfect foil for Morelos?

Keep our better playere, add Docherty and Cummings/another striker, brush up on defence, dominate the midfield area and we should push on hard for the 2nd half of the season.

I think McCrorie is going to go back to centre half, we will have Docherty, Jack , McCrorie and Dorrans all fighting for 2 positions if we play 4 2 3 1

If Tav goes back down South in the summer we could see Jack revert to right back. Versatile and we use the funds elsewhere.

Also have to say Goss looked the part last night and looks a very different type of player to what we have. Good options in midfield now, still some dross to get rid of though

Very exciting signing if he completes a move to Ibrox. Hope we get the deal over the line sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back